• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Is this a clickbait title you got from somewhere?
This car doesn't make any sense.

It's a sport car right? Then why in the blue hell they are using a hybrid plug in system that increased the weight of the car by over 270kg. All this weight for 220 hp more than the basic V8 that you can only use in the mode " qualify" for one lap. The funny thing is that they removed the reverse gear in order to reduce the general weight by 30kg lmao ( but they increased by 270kg for the hybrid system ... TERRIFIC IDEA ) . This truck can't even go beyond 340 km/h despite having a total of around 1000hp.

Also the design of the car is a complete clusterfuck : it's a combination of corvette , honda nsx and who knows what else.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Grosjean has got a phone call, he's listing career highlights on twitter.

Honda and Exxon preparing a Suzuka Special, new fuel and oils so they can run Mode 12 all race long with spec 4 😎

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's a sport car right? Then why in the blue hell they are using a hybrid plug in system that increased the weight of the car by over 270kg. All this weight for 220 hp more than the basic V8 that you can only use in the mode " qualify" for one lap. The funny thing is that they removed the reverse gear in order to reduce the general weight by 30kg lmao ( but they increased by 270kg for the hybrid system ... TERRIFIC IDEA ) . This truck can't even go beyond 340 km/h despite having a total of around 1000hp.

Also the design of the car is a complete clusterfuck : it's a combination of corvette , honda nsx and who knows what else.
i cant talk specs but as soon as ferrari announced they were dropping pininfarina to do body work in house i knew we were going to get some odd looking ferraris. the sf90 looks big in a bad way, and like you said the design is a smorgasbord.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
*Checks Google*
It does look like an over priced NSX.
I see 90's Camaro
ferrari_100702414.jpg
5834-Front.jpg

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

Ferrari has made some absolutely butt ugly cars, but I don't think the Stradale is one of them.

As to the electric systems, those are the future, whether we like it or not. Any manufacturer which isn't getting experience making those sorts of cars will be left behind... so it's no surprise that Ferrari are working on them.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017

Based on what you have said, it's more of a disappointment rather than one of the worst car ever made.

I will definitely agree with the design but it's not as ugly as the F8 tributo IMO. Having those touchpads on the steering wheel is a bad choice too.

DRPSquirtle64

May 30, 2019
That's what it is, simply pride. Kvyat is far more experienced and clearly the better and faster driver than albon. Albon ofcourse has immense talent but this is too soon for albon, same thing that happened to gasly could happen to him. Marko seems incapable of swallowing his pride and promoting Kvyat.
IMO it is for the best for him that it happened mid-season rather than at the end of the season. Now, he has time to try to get a seat outside Red Bull system because it is obvious that they don't plan to promote him at all. Renault would be nice but I guess it's a bit impossible

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Standard TPMS going forward

Has some F1 team tried to pull the Patriot's deflated football trick? I didn't realize the tire blankets were going away as well. Definitely makes the F2 pit strategy more interesting, but I don't know how long F1's even had the blankets.

EDIT: I just realized making a Patriot's reference and calling them tires totally outs me as American

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017
Standard TPMS going forward

Has some F1 team tried to pull the Patriot's deflated football trick? I didn't realize the tire blankets were going away as well. Definitely makes the F2 pit strategy more interesting, but I don't know how long F1's even had the blankets.

EDIT: I just realized making a Patriot's reference and calling them tires totally outs me as American

Wouldn't running lower pressure increase wear on the edges of the tire?

Edit: I actually think now this is more of a way to catch teams using any sort of artificial tire warming which will be banned in 2021.

Priapus

Oct 27, 2017
I recall Norris saying he is getting Sainz into iRacing. I'd love to see Lando, Carlos and Max getting into some online scrap.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
If you don't listen to the Beyond the Grid podcast, I can recommend it.

Latest ep(53) is a chat with Jo Ramirez who worked closely with Prost and Senna at Mclaren. Very interesting interview.

Edit: Ross Brawn one was also excellent, in the middle of the Gordon Murray one now.

Last edited:

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Helmut Marko checking out Patricio O'Ward this weekend. And of course the car stalls driving onto the starting grid. Should be a fun race though. For anyone interested:

edit: Now Newey with issues on the grid.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Listening to the Gordon Murray episode of Beyond the Grid. Did not know that the fan car could stick upside down while stationary if the engine was at 11,000 rpm. Lauda had to completely change how he drove the car to make it work. Great interview.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Listened to webbah, Lewis and Ocon podcasts tonight. Webbah had my laughing out loud a few times. Such good interviews.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Merc deal to give him some experience before coming to them in 2022?

Assuming bottas ends the season well behind on points vs Hamilton, does that basically cement him as a number 2? Hopefully he'll be ok with that - he came out pretty strong early on this season

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Sucks that Botass might be staying.

Was hoping someone else would get a run before the 2021 regs come in, though if this increases the chances of Russell getting the seat that's a silver lining.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know very well why top teams choose to often have a significantly weaker #2 driver, but holy shit at the amount of chances and battles we've lost by having Massa and Kimi in Ferrari for so long, Webber in Red Bull that much, Bottas staying in Mercedes despite all, etc.. It takes so much of the spectacle away.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
F1 2019 patch today:

a lot of you are asking about the Pierre Gasly and Alex Albon switch and whether we'll implement this in-game. We are planning on making the changes as soon as possible and we'll be working with Red Bull and Toro Rosso on this once they return from the summer shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.