• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK

If they can actually keep it looking that simple with the rules, then the 2021 cars are going to be sexy as hell.

I hate HATE all the little winglets and turning veins and slots and whatever the fuck the cars are currently covered with.

The "skirt" looks awesome.

Oct 25, 2017

If they can actually keep it looking that simple with the rules, then the 2021 cars are going to be sexy as hell.

I hate HATE all the little winglets and turning veins and slots and whatever the fuck the cars are currently covered with.

Knowing how car evolution seems to pan out it'll be covered in winglets by 2025.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
That has to be the worst rear wing design of all time.

If the floor and rear diffuser work as they are supposed to, the rear wing doesnt need to look like a "traditional" rear wing.
I dont mind it reminds me of duck tail wings/spoilers which im a fan of.

Those front wheel winglets though? Not so sure about those....not gonna be mandatory are they?

image.jpg

17020238.jpg

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as the racing is good, I'm fine with just about any look. The 2009 cars looked hilariously awful at first but the season was so insane that it was worth it.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Yeah, I want to go back to 24 car grid starts :D

F1.9 with Manor/Virgin/Marussia, Lotus/Caterham, Campos/HRT was terrible though
But if it's closer to Haas then I'm ok.

For fun 2010 Spain GP qualifying times
F1 Pole : Mark Webber 1:19.995
Lotus : Jarno Trulli 1:24.674
Lotus : Heikki Kovalainen 1:24.748
Virgin : Timo Glock 1:25.475
Virgin : Lucas Di Grassi 1:25.556
HRT : Karun Chandokh 1:26.750
HRT : Bruno Senna 1:27.122
GP2 Pole : Jules Bianchi 1:27.727

Last edited:

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018

Problem is when the engineers get hold of the rules and find loopholes to make them ugly again.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
The intent is not make them look good in the first instance - its to imporve the racing. They could look stunning but no one would watch if the races were boring as fuck.

Nah looks are definitely part of it.

Everyone complained about how ugly the 14/15 cars were and some of the changes after that were specifically made to make them look better.

Looks are also part of the spectacle, so can't just dismiss them.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Nah looks are definitely part of it.

Everyone complained about how ugly the 14/15 cars were and some of the changes after that were specifically made to make them look better.

Looks are also part of the spectacle, so can't just dismiss them.

Looks are not the main priority. The racing is. Asthetics are a nice-to-have.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Whenever I think about Lance Stroll hogging a seat in F1 with his intense mediocrity when somebody else more deserving could be in it, it makes me very mad.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly if I had that sort of money I'd pay for my kids to be racing drivers (if that's what they wanted to be) 🤷‍♂️

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
Stroll is pretty decent in the wet, good on race starts too. He can't qualify for shit though. Not a great talent, but far from the worst pay driver we've seen.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Stroll is a weak driver but there's been so much worse in F1. We don't even need to look at the 80's or the 90's, only 13 years passed since Yuji Ide entered F1, a trash tier driver with sight issues who'd spin every other lap while still lapping shockingly slow. Good times.

Oct 25, 2017
Honda to launch spec 4 in Spa according to Japanese media, talks will be held this week to determine who will take it.

members.f1-life

Albon, Kvyat and Gasly should all take it. If Max is competitive in FP3 they should hold off until Monza.

Vettel wants out of Ferrari, unhappy with development direction, has a get out clause (out of top 3 wdc), held talks with Red Bull in Hungary.

ts.fi/urheilu/moottoriurheilu/f1

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
28 years ago Schumi debuted in F1 at SPA and qualified 7th with the Jordan ( He had never raced there and lied to Eddie Jordan in order to get the drive).

Schumacher-Jordan-6-1.jpg

He wasn't really that talented - Rosberg

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Renault v Red Bull, Horner V Cyril, Max v Ocon...a juicy rivalry. What's gonna happen to Hulkenberg though?

Oct 25, 2017
Ocon > Renault
Hulk > Ferrari
Vettel > Red Bull
Albon > Toro Rosso
Yamamoto > Toro Rosso
Kvyat > Haas
Latifi > Williams

Out

Gasly
Grosjean
Kubica

Oct 25, 2017
No, it's my silly season prediction.

Yamamoto will be driving the Toro Rosso at some point this season though, he joined them in Germany to get a feel of the working environment and has been using the Red Bull sim.

pennanton

Oct 31, 2017
Just throwing this out there, and I'm being 100% serious, but considering their connection why hasn't the FIA consulted Polyphony Digital about circuit design? Playing GT over the years their original circuits are always top notch and the recent batch of circuits for GT Sport produce great racing with a lot of the character fans clamour for. It's bizarre Tilke is the be all and end all for this sort of thing in the FIAs eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.