• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Remember the fun of "unlimited" DRS during Quali?

Bring that back during the race for Australia, Spain, Monaco, Hungary, Singapore and Brazil.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019

Not sure this will help all that much.

2018-Circuit-Map-EN-20180904-v2.jpg

Um...that DRS zone is going to do nothing.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
That's actually a pretty good spot for a third DRS zone. Cars can be pretty close to each other coming out of the hairpin. But the straight isn't long enough to give much of a boost, that much is true.

Oct 25, 2017
So Hulk rejected a 1 year deal at Renault and now rejects Haas.

He's Ferrari bound. Seb has given him the heads up that he's leaving for Red Bull.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I guess Haas have accepted that next year's not going to be a good one for them then. Hope they've built in a good spare parts section in next years CapEx!

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Does Grosjean have incriminating photos of Gene Haas stashed somewhere that he's using for blackmail? Hulkenberg should have a ride but he'll probably end up in WEC.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
Well
Maybe Grosjean is just very cheap or something or he doubles as a caterer for the team.

Has to be the latter. Grosjean may be cheap, but that has to be canceled out by the amount of damage he causes! He also provides top quality comedy for the team to enjoy such as binning it during a safety car period and spinning in the pitlane...

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every year there's a sucker in F1. We had Maldonado for a while (at least he won a race). And Grosjean has been garbage for years.

I'm truly surprised he kept his seat.

Oct 25, 2017
Well

Has to be the latter. Grosjean may be cheap, but that has to be canceled out by the amount of damage he causes! He also provides top quality comedy for the team to enjoy such as binning it during a safety car period and spinning in the pitlane...
Isn't Magnussen even beating him? He had a few good years, but the guy has been floating around since about 2009 for crying out loud.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Interesting they said RK had decided to leave. These things are not usually put in terms to suggest it was the drivers choice.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Kubica, but this comeback was disastrous, and only made possible by the fact that Williams is in shambles. Had pace ever been considered, he wouldn't have got a seat in Formula 1, probably not even in Formula 2.

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
Haas would be better off sticking Kubica in the car than going with Grosjean again; the epitome of mediocrity that guy.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Remember the fun of "unlimited" DRS during Quali?

Bring that back during the race for Australia, Spain, Monaco, Hungary, Singapore and Brazil.
I've been dying for this. If you're going to start making any straight longer than 3 seconds a DRS zone anyway, just freaking go for it. If drivers are dumbasses and crash as a result of using it too aggressively, that's their own problem.

You could improve Singapore a lot by cutting out that ridiculous chunky section at the waterfront in sector 3, but the grandstands there with the offshore stage (and the tunnel under the stands that is a magnet for crashes) is a signature part of the circuit so they'll never do it. Racing sector 3 there in the games is mentally exhausting. It just goes on and on and on.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
You could improve Singapore a lot by cutting out that ridiculous chunky section at the waterfront in sector 3, but the grandstands there with the offshore stage (and the tunnel under the stands that is a magnet for crashes) is a signature part of the circuit so they'll never do it. Racing sector 3 there in the games is mentally exhausting. It just goes on and on and on.

They are going to have to do exactly that starting in 2022.

They're redeveloping that area scheduled 2022-25, so the track would have to skip it.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Motorsports is saying Alfa is an option for Hulk.

Williams is also an option for Leclerc while we're at it.

Edit: Newer story confirming Giovinazzi. Still catching up on the news this morning.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Who says he rejected them?

Also chances he replaces Albon?

Ps: Haas have the worst drivers

Prost (Renault) and Sport Bild (Haas)

As for him replacing Albon, on Amus they quote The Hulk:

I talked with the Doctor all August long. At some point he told me: stop calling me.

Rich Energy Twatter says Haas are in negotiations with the Saudis to sell the team.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
re Hulk, it has to be noted with the new Hypercar regulations coming in for 2020-2021 WEC Super Season, that could be a destination for him.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017

Hulk to Williams?

Should give us a better idea just how good Russell is at least.

Can't blame him, he's been creamed this year and no chance of a decent seat next year. I feel bad for him but when he was announced I said that even at best he's just going to be seen as someone beating a rookie in a rubbish team. The only saving grace is that Williams are so terrible that he and Russell have rarely been far apart in terms of position as they're always at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.