• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Well done, Sainz, Norris and McLaren!

A pity the race director seemed more interested in Hamilton cruising while just doing nothing instead of the last lap battle.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Hulk deserves so much better. And wtf, ending the season in December is freaking ridiculous. We're turning into NASCAR starting next season, except the teams need 747s to move shit around and not just a pair of trailers.

Ferrari has the meatiest engine currently, though.
An engine is much more than just power. Weight for example has a massive impact on the chassis, drivability , reliability and efficiency are also key aspects. Mercedes is ahead here. Ferrari has the best engine over one lap.

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Lando is just adorable.
Can't wait to see what the new season brings. Hopefully we'll see a lot of these younger drivers come into their own.
And ofc I'm hoping we'll see some competition in the front rows, but I can't be too hopeful for that :P

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Aaand now I know why everyone hates this track, yikes. Also really annoyed with the TV direction, we totally missed the Lando / Perez battle.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I wouldn't be so optimistic about 2021 guys. History shows that with every shake up there is one team ahead of everyone else ( 88, 92, 2005, 2009 , 2014 anyone? ).
No one is expecting it to fix everything, but it would at least be different! And the idea is to continuly keep making improvements from there. It'll also take a couple years for the budget capping and better prize money distribution to take better effect.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be so optimistic about 2021 guys. History shows that with every shake up there is one team ahead of everyone else ( 88, 92, 2005, 2009 , 2014 anyone? ).

One of the intentions behind the changes in 2021 is to reduce the gap between front and back in general. They want it to be about tenths rather than seconds. A situation where a particularly good quali lap can put anyone in the top handful.

Granholme

Oct 27, 2017
Well happy for Sainz getting P6 in the standings.
Thrilled to have experienced the last lap duel with Hulkenberg by watching the positions sidebar because of this years shambolic TV directing

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was a fun first season! Been listening to Alt/Shift-F1 for ages now but Drive to Survive pushed me to try and watch it and most of the races were at perfect times for me. Really enjoyed lurking around here reading much more knowledgable people argue about Ferrari and Mercedes. See you all next season!

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
One of the intentions behind the changes in 2021 is to reduce the gap between front and back in general. They want it to be about tenths rather than seconds. A situation where a particularly good quali lap can put anyone in the top handful.
They said these things many times in the past. Wanting =/ Achieving. We have to wait and see if the FIA will be able to stop every loophole exploits.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Thrilled to have experienced the last lap duel with Hulkenberg by watching the positions sidebar because of this years shambolic TV directing
Yep, so many of the best overtakes this year have happened in the sidebar with no replay. The direction has been a joke, there's no point going to great lengths trying to improve the spectacle on a technical level if asshat directors are just going to butcher it anyway.

We get to see the good stuff in YouTube highlights a few days after the race. Makes me wonder why I even pay to watch the races.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to next season.
As a Dutchman i'm pretty happy to see the Redbull car being so reliable. Amazing.
Hopefully next season Max will have an even better chance to fight for the title.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
How do I alert ESPN that their replay is borked (no commentary track)? Was going to watch the race before kickoff... Guess I'll wait until tomorrow.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
gx3m74vwi1241.png

Congrats to Sainz for winning the Formula 1.5. Championship. Well deserved.

DiscoThunder

May 7, 2019
Well that was a fun first season! Been listening to Alt/Shift-F1 for ages now but Drive to Survive pushed me to try and watch it and most of the races were at perfect times for me. Really enjoyed lurking around here reading much more knowledgable people argue about Ferrari and Mercedes. See you all next season!

Check out the Missed Apex podcast too

Status
Not open for further replies.