• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, he is racing this year for Renault? I just saw him pop up. I swear I'm interested in this shit but I've only been playing attention for like a week having just realized the new season was about to start.

Ocon lost his seat when Daddy Stroll bought Lance Force India to play with. Hulk didn't get his contract renewed and Ocon is back with Renault after sitting out the year in the Merc simulator.
Most of the funny business will probably happen once 2021 cars start to take serious shape.

Why don't we start with Brazil like before, Melbourne isn't very exciting and neither is Bahrain.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Pretty sure they'll have this up and running in the UK by now!

*goes to check*

Uh, why isn't this made available in the UK after three years?
It was never going to happen while Sky's deal continued. My hope is that Sky lose interest when F1 insist on offering the service in the UK and only a Free to Air channel bothers bidding for it.

Wishful thinking perhaps.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
This year's Racing Point is basically a 2019 Mercedes
ERIFqtBXYAE1Duk

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame about Ocon, I kind of want to root for him because of his backstory, but there are many signs that he's an asshole.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame about Ocon, I kind of want to root for him because of his backstory, but there are many signs that he's an asshole.

That grin when he tried to unlap himself and made the leader of the race spin did it for me. Though I do kind of get why he would laugh off the confrontation with Verstappen, it seemed like he was enjoying himself a little bit too much.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Vandoorne gets a seat in the '21 season. This is probably the best season to be a reserve driver, with the regulation changes in '21.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
He deserves it, got the short end of the stick with that McLaren and Alonso being his team mate.

Yeah I agree. And he wasn't actually doing that bad against Alonso, especially considering the clusterfuck that McLaren was at that time.

I hope het gets another chance.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017

Jesus christ.

Is it anymore risky than flying a helicopter over the track? Some of the shots show it flying pretty damn low.

A helicopter wont plummet out of the sky if the engine dies. The pilot still has some modicum of control and can even land it if the situation is right. If a drone battery dies tor it loses radio signal or something it'll just fall like that one in the video above. That hitting a car at speed would be terrible.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the morning runs, did anyone else notice that Leclerc kept having to do steering corrections during corners. I am assuming they are running the very low drag spec or something? New parts coming next week? Because that car doesn't look fun to race in.

Oct 26, 2017
Hard to make out details with this livery but the new Renault is very different from last years machine. (just as well)

Y6vr4uv.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Looking at the morning runs, did anyone else notice that Leclerc kept having to do steering corrections during corners. I am assuming they are running the very low drag spec or something? New parts coming next week? Because that car doesn't look fun to race in.
I wouldn't read too much into it at the moment. I imagine a lot of the early work is just settling the overall car balance.

Love that look damn.
Especially with the shiny tires.

Jul 19, 2018
Ocon lost his seat when Daddy Stroll bought Lance Force India to play with. Hulk didn't get his contract renewed and Ocon is back with Renault after sitting out the year in the Merc simulator.
Most of the funny business will probably happen once 2021 cars start to take serious shape.

Why don't we start with Brazil like before, Melbourne isn't very exciting and neither is Bahrain.

Melbourne is crap but Bahrain has had some decent enough races, there were some good battles last season

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Ocon says he sleeps 12-14 hours every day. Like who the fuck sleeps that much? Blew my god damn mind when I heard it on the Beyond the Grid podcast.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PSA: if you use F1 TV on PC, it looks like there's a memory leak in the player, after a few hours my PC was getting slower and noticed the tab was eating 5 GB of RAM, I reloaded it and it freed RAM, but now it's going up again..
I sent an email to the technical support team.

It's been confirmed by a friend using Chrome (3 GB after an hour), I'm using Vivaldi (which uses Chromium).

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
PSA: if you use F1 TV on PC, it looks like there's a memory leak in the player, after a few hours my PC was getting slower and noticed the tab was eating 5 GB of RAM, I reloaded it and it freed RAM, but now it's going up again..
I sent an email to the technical support team.

It's been confirmed by a friend using Chrome (3 GB after an hour), I'm using Vivaldi (which uses Chromium).

My 32GB will finally be put to use by .. *checks notes* .. F1TV?!

Oct 26, 2017
Ferrari front wing. Look how large the main section is, all the elements are way back.

g1rug5dteuh41.jpg

The Haas in comparison. (different angle obviously)

dhiuz9m6zth41.jpg

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Every team went significantly faster today than last year's first day. Well, except for Fersandbagi. Looking at that front wing above, I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari bring a 'spec 2' out next week.

The times, which don't mean a thing but are fun nonetheless, are thus: Mercedes, Mercedes B team, Red Bull, Red Bull B team, McLaren, McLaren B team, Mercedes C team, a bunch of slow Ferrari powered machines. More importantly (and disappointingly) no red flags or mechanical break downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.