• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Ferrari said to be holding an extra press conference at 3pm with Vettel and Binotto.

Must be a new deal or surprise driver replacement as Vettel announces his retirement after sampling the 2020 prancing donkey.

What a sound 😍

Dutch

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Ferrari said to be holding an extra press conference at 3pm with Vettel and Binotto.

Must be a new deal or surprise driver replacement as Vettel announces his retirement after sampling the 2020 prancing donkey.

What a sound 😍

Or they are going to announce that the title is a lock for Ferrari since they were sandbagging so hard last week.

Dutch

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry friend, you don't qualify. Under current management, FER is a Italians First (and only) team.
Which is also one of the main reasons they are in so much trouble.

wqV4ImD.jpg

Pasta la Vista, baby :(

OP
OP
Aiii

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, so I have never been part of any sort of Fantasy league before (like, ever). Can you or anyone else help me out as to how things are supposed to be done? Thanks.
Here you go.
www.formula1.com

F1 Fantasy How to Play guide and FAQs: Sign up for 2020 F1 Fantasy now! | Formula 1®

F1 Fantasy is back for 2020, so here's our useful guide on the new rules for the new season, the prizes you could win just for playing, and how to sign up now to build your team.

Dutch

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Binotto constantly feeling the need to confirm that the car is actually THIS slow and that there is no trickery really confirms to me that this is probably going to be the most embarrassing year from Ferrari in recent history.

He's been in damage control since day 1, lowering all expectations every chance he gets. Gonna be a great fight for 3rd place with Mclaren.

Happy that it will all change with the rule changes next year and Ferrari will be dominant again.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Binotto constantly feeling the need to confirm that the car is actually THIS slow and that there is no trickery really confirms to me that this is probably going to be the most embarrassing year from Ferrari in recent history.

He's been in damage control since day 1, lowering all expectations every chance he gets. Gonna be a great fight for 3rd place with Mclaren.

Happy that it will all change with the rule changes next year and Ferrari will be dominant again.

You might be right, but to be fair we'd get the same comments if they were claiming they'll lap Mercedes in Australia.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
https://www.planetf1.com/news/williams-mercedes/

Williams says it belongs to Mercedes.

"A few engine problems, which is a little frustrating," she told GPBlog.

"We're on our third engine issue now, which has obviously cost us quite a lot of track time, which is unfortunate.

"I suppose at least it's not our issue, [it's not] that something's gone wrong with the car."
To me this is indicative of a problem with Williams, an unwillingness to accept fault as that engine's working perfectly well in Mercedes and RP. There's a myriad of reasons that the car itself can be negatively impacting the engine and to basically shrug and go "Not our fault" is extremely short-sighted.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
With McLaren having Mercedes engines next year, I can see this as a pre-curser to Renault sending their customer supply that way.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017

New to F1? You've come to the right place! We get you, uh, up to speed on the cars, drivers, rules, and all the weird drama that can happen in the planet's fastest sport.

SHOW NOTES

Support the show on Patreon and get all our bonus episodes!

Email us at [email protected]

Follow us on Twitter at @shiftf1podcast

Join our fantasy league with invite code 150a9d0499

Shift-F1 pre-season primer is up for this year. As usual, it assumes no prior F1 knowledge, so it's perfect for people new to F1.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough, but they come across quite desperate in stressing that their car is SHIT.

To me it seems they are trying to temper expectations, one way or another. They have been heavily criticized by Italian press for dominating testing last year than failing to win a race for half a season. If they simply lapped slow but said nothing, overanalyzing the data would still put them in a good spot which would mistakenly lead people to think they are confident as hell again because all they read is how fast Ferrari seems despite the slow laptimes (and the fact Vettel has/had the fastest S3 is telling they've made big gains, that's a sector they sucked majorly in 2019). So they test whatever they need to test without turning up the engine mode, they keep on lapping various seconds off the pace consistently finishing behind cars like Alfa, Williams or Racing Point, then talk about how they're still not where they need to be. This is probably the only way to effectively temper expecations.

Or, of course, they really are struggling and they're just saying it like it is. Either way I'd be surprised if they weren't comfortably 3rd best car at the very least.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Welcome to the last 12 years? All Ferrari have been shit since 2008.

It happens when you go from Martinelli, Byrne to idiots like Tombazidis or the amazing combo Cardile / Sanchez.
I think it's also fair to argue that when Ferrari was last at the height of their powers, they were probably the most cosmopolitan team on the grid. They're most definitely not that now.

Oct 27, 2017
1:16 on a drying track can't be that bad a time, I don't think Ferrari are as far behind as people think, really its looking like it's going to be an incredibly competitive season.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
1:16 on a drying track can't be that bad a time, I don't think Ferrari are as far behind as people think, really its looking like it's going to be an incredibly competitive season.
I don't care too much about testing. I look at the past season and Ferrari was slower than Mercedes in pretty much all tracks by 0.4 / 0.8s ( which is insane in the current F1 ). Also looking at the recent history it's likely that Ferrari will be behind even more this season.

Oct 25, 2017
That F1technical poster was spot on with his Merc info. What's that now - six PU failures in five days? And Cowell said they had a good winter 😆

Will they switch back to the 2019 engine for the start of the season?

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I'd like so much to see Ferrari the strongest only for the hilarious meltdowns between Charles and Seb, it would be McLaren 2007 again. But I don't think it could happen.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
That F1technical poster was spot on with his Merc info. What's that now - six PU failures in five days? And Cowell said they had a good winter 😆

Will they switch back to the 2019 engine for the start of the season?
That same poster also said that they have a fix in the works that should make it into the second PU, which they make take early.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't fancy traveling to any Grand Prix's this year if the virus keeps spreading at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.