• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
41IsDlR80GL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Not enough white, they must have been gunning for Aquafresh sponsorship.
G6ah4Qg.png

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
The Williams livery is a million times better than last years, but it still isn't good.

Last edited:

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
williams-fw43-1.jpg

Last row on the grid going to look pretty decent.

Ugh Williams accepting their position at the back of the grid and going full Hispania.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/williams-fw43-3/

Oh dear. Still, to be fair, putting money into any part of that car would probably see an improvement.

Bit worrying how they've only released renders of the car and not any actual photos of it.

Nevermind, they've already had a shakedown. I just assumed it was a repeat of last year where they were running ridiculously late.

Honestly if Williams haven't sorted out their management by the start of this year then I fear for their future in F1. They can't survive another era crawling at the back of the grid.

I wonder if Claire will be swallowing her pride and taking a step back because right now Williams is just totally lost.

Qronicle

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
I feel like I'm gonna have a hard time separating all these "white" teams. Alpha Tauri, Haas, Alfa Romeo & Williams are all looking pretty samey from the front.

Did we see the new Alfa livery already btw?

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Its funny that we live in an F1 world where a car is ugly without sponsors...

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought one month of F1 TV Pro to follow pre-season testing, they just started a test broadcast on the track, image quality is quite good (never used F1 TV Pro before).

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Does anyone know how F1 TV pro functions when you subscribe to watch from your country of residence, but you intend to watch a race from a holiday destination?

I'll be in Japan during the first two races and I kind of want to try to stream the races when I'm back in our hotel.

Oct 25, 2017
PU winter development news / rumour round up:

F1 Technical's resident Merc insider says they had a Brixworth PU event yesterday, they gained 20 bhp over the winter, but reliability issues, engine hasn't reached target mileage.

Italian media says Ferrari improved by 15 - 20 bhp from combustion improvements.

Honda made a big increase in performance and reliability. IHI have been dropped as the turbo designer, they've gone full Jet on the hybrid. No issues on dyno, 5000km covered.

Renault's Taffin says there's no noticeable performance change from last season, packaging has been improved to aide efficiency.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Laughable. Endurance racing is really in the doldrums. Well, Le Mans will survive as it always has done, but the WEC, who knows.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I hope both cars in the LeMans hypercar championship dnf. Time to adopt whatever IMSA says to adopt.

I bet the Valkyrie would still be in the WEC if Lance was booted from F1, though!

Oct 25, 2017
The moment it became clear that Hypercars will be BOP'd to race alongside LMDh it was pretty much over for them. Even Peugeot is now is thinking of going LMDh for 2022.
Why go build an insanely expensive bespoke Hypercar when you can be just as competitive in what will basically be an LMP2 car with a spec hybrid system?

Last edited:

Arcticfox

Oct 27, 2017
Third year in, and the only F1 TV app for set-top boxes is a newly released Roku channel. I remember when they told me they would have an Android TV app in a few months at the original release. I had so many issues early last season I gave up on it. ESPN's broadcast of the world feed was good enough for me.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I know some of you guys were on the lookout for this, -25% on F1TV pro yearly sub with code "EARLYBIRD25":
www.formula1.com

What’s new on F1 TV for 2020 – including early bird discounts | Formula 1®

As well as pre-season testing coverage, there are plenty more reasons to sign up to our premium OTT service for 2020 – including early bird discount offers.
Sweet, additional episodes of Drive to Survive [behind the scenes]!

Shame they are still sticking to 30fps livestreams.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Nice drone footage! This is a complex with few strong turns, so cars have to slow down. Liberty should add drone coverage to few select spots on some tracks.
They wouldn't dare take the risk. One falls out of the sky and hits a driver doing 300k and its all over.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Testing starts in less than two hours. By the time I wake up, I expect Ferrari to be crowned 2020 champions!

Aug 27, 2018
Alright F1 Era, I've decided that I want to get in to Formula 1 this year. I watched that Netflix documentary and listened to the Shift-F1 2019 primer episode. What else do I need to know?

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Alright F1 Era, I've decided that I want to get in to Formula 1 this year. I watched that Netflix documentary and listened to the Shift-F1 2019 primer episode. What else do I need to know?

Ferrari will absolutely fuck up their strategy, Mercedes will downplay their chances before being the benchmark all season, Leclerc and Verstappen hate each other and there will be lots of references from Martin Brundle about how the energy recovery system will give you enough power to happily push a family car.

Jul 19, 2018
Ferrari will absolutely fuck up their strategy, Mercedes will downplay their chances before being the benchmark all season, Leclerc and Verstappen hate each other and there will be lots of references from Martin Brundle about how the energy recovery system will give you enough power to happily push a family car.

Bahaha this is painfully accurate. This, and 'ambition ahead of adhesion' seem to be his favourites

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I know some of you guys were on the lookout for this, -25% on F1TV pro yearly sub with code "EARLYBIRD25":
www.formula1.com

What’s new on F1 TV for 2020 – including early bird discounts | Formula 1®

As well as pre-season testing coverage, there are plenty more reasons to sign up to our premium OTT service for 2020 – including early bird discount offers.

Pretty sure they'll have this up and running in the UK by now!

*goes to check*

Uh, why isn't this made available in the UK after three years?

Status
Not open for further replies.