• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
fia_formula_one_worldgbsnm.png

2019 2020 FORMULA ONE SEASON

2019 2020 RACE CALENDAR
17 15 March - Grand Prix of Australia - Melbourne
31 22 March - Grand Prix of Bahrain - Sakhir
5 April - Grand Prix of Vietnam - Hanoi
14 19 April - Grand Prix of China - Shanghai (subject to cancellation due to pesky corona virus)
28 April - Grand Prix of Azerbaijan - Baku
3 May - Grand Prix of The Netherlands - Zandvoort
12 10 May - Grand Prix of Spain - Barcelona
26 24 May - Grand Prix of Monaco - Monaco
7 June - Grand Prix of Azerbaijan - Baku
9 14 June - Grand Prix of Canada - Montreal
23 28 June - Grand Prix of France - Le Castellet
30 June 5 July - Grand Prix of Austria - Spielberg
14 19 July - Grand Prix of Great Britain - Silverstone
28 July - Grand Prix of Germany - Hockenheim
2 August - Grand Prix Budapest - Hungary
1 September 30 August - Grand Prix of Belgium - Spa-Francorchamps
8 6 September - Grand Prix of Italy - Monza
22 20 September - Grand Prix of Singapore - Singapore
29 27 September - Grand Prix of Russia - Sochi
13 11 October - Grand Prix of Japan - Suzuka
27 October - Grand Prix of Mexico - Mexico City
3 November - Grand Prix of the United States of America - Austin

25 October - Grand Prix of the United States of America - Austin
1 November - Grand Prix of Mexico - Mexico City
17 15 November - Grand Prix of Brazil - Sao Paulo
1 December 29 November - Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina

2019 2020 FORMULA 1 GRID
Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport Formula One Team
Engine: Mercedes
Drivers: 44. Lewis Hamilton, 77. Valtteri Bottas
2020 Season Predictions: Mercedes will spend the entire two weeks of testing in the midfield, complaining about minor issues and how strong the Red Bull/Ferrari look. They will arrive with a whole new "B-Spec" in week 2. They will win in Australia. Hamilton will be a seven time champion at the Mexico GP. Bottas will be renamed as Bottas 3-Point-Slow.

Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow
Engine: Ferrari
Drivers: 5. Sebastian Vettel, 16. Charles Leclerc
2020 Season Predictions: Vettel will continue to yell over the radio. Ferrari will start backing Leclerc early on. Otherwise, Ferrari will Ferrari themselves again and come in a solid third in the WCC.

Aston Martin Red Bull Racing
Engine: Honda
Drivers: 33. Max Verstappen, 10. Pierre Gasly 23. Alexander Albon
2020 Season Predictions: Red Bull Honda will win the winter testing, only to be nowhere behind Mercedes at the start of the season, despite all "we'll have a great start of a season now" claims before the season. A late resurgence isn't enough for Max to mount a challenge to Lewis, but a solid second in the WDC will mean his best result yet. Albon will score a few podiums as Ferrari squables among themselves.

Renault F1 Team
Engine: Renault
Drivers: 3. Daniel Ricciardo, 27. Nico Hülkenberg 31. Esteban Ocon
2020 Season Predictions: Daniel Ricciardo will leave the team at the end of the season, as he gets tired of Baguettes for every meal. Esteban Ocon will be haunted by the ghost of Nico Hulkenberg and never stand on the podium. Abiteboul will continue his delusions and think the Renault engine produces more horse power than Mercedes, Honda and Ferrari combined.

Rich Energy Haas F1 Team
Drivers: 8. Romain Grosjean, 20. Kevin Magnussen
2020 Season Predictions: People will continue to think Haas is a team worth rooting for because they like how often Steiner says fuck on Netflix. Their cars and drivers most notable TV time will be as they screw over lap times of other teams by getting in the way.

McLaren F1 Team
Engine: Renault
Drivers: 55. Carlos Sainz, 4. Lando Norris
2020 Season Predictions: Memes and a tougher battle in the midfield.

Racing Point F1 Team
Drivers: 11. Sergio Pérez, 18. Lance Stroll
2020 Season Predictions: Lance Stroll will still not make it out of Q1 while Perez will continue to be the solid midfield he always was. Szafnauer will try his best to pretend Stroll is keeping his seat for 2021 on merit. Aston Martin will go bankrupt before the team can officially rename itself.

Alfa Romeo Racing
Drivers: 7. Kimi Raikkonen, 99. Antonio Giovinazzi
2020 Season Predicition: Kimi will learn how to braid Giovinazzi's hair.

Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda Scuderia AlphaTauri Honda
Engine: Honda
Drivers: 26. Daniil Kvyat, 23. Alexander Albon 10. Pierre Gasly
2020 Season Prediction: No podiums this year, Danniil Kvyat will lose his seat the first second a Honda junior finds himself with enough super license points to drive in Formula One.

ROKiT Williams Racing
Drivers: 88. Robert Kubica 6. Nicolas Latifi, 63. George Russel
2020 Season Prediction: Claire Williams will somehow keep her job as Williams continue their descent into becoming mid-1990s Tyrrell.

2020 RULE CHANGES
  • In 2019, the chequered flag was changed by a chequered light panel to signal the end of the race, because a celebrity guest flag waver waved the flag too early in 2018. Naturally the light panel had crummy software (probably programmed by the same tech people that made F1TV) and flagged off the Japanese GP a lap too early. So now the flag is once again the end signal of a race.
  • Pre-season testing has been shortend by 2 days, to two seperate weeks of 3-day testing each.
  • Mid-season testing has been cancelled because nothing is changing this year and there's an extra race if China isn't cancelled.
  • Post-season testing in Abu-Dhabi has teams now required to use a young rookie (two or less GP starts) for at least one full day.
  • Thursday and Friday Curfew has been changed from 8 hours to 9 hours, during which time no mechanic is allowed to work.
  • Mandatory miniature shark fins are now to be affixed to all cars, displaying the drivers number on them.
  • Weigh bridge penalties have been made less strict so drivers don't necessarily have to get a pit-lane start for missing the weigh bridge light. Since this is now at the stewards discretion, expect only drivers they dislike to get penalized in the future.
  • Teams may no longer shield their garage pitboxes with screens during testing, exceptions are made for when their car has the floor dismantled. Or for when a car is being recovered from an on-track failure.
  • Metal may no longer be used on the first 50mm of the front wing, in a bid to preserve the tire life of whoever Vettel runs into. Metal attachments can only be placed 30mm from the endplate
  • Brake Ducts are now considered "listed parts" and must therefor be produced by the teams themselves and cannot be bought from another team or a third party.
  • Electronic aids used in the starting procedure have been further restricted. 90% of engine torque is now controlled by the driver through the clutch paddle(s). All clutch paddles are now to be a pull-paddle. Stall prevention and bite-point aids remain allowed. RIP Red Bull.
  • Up to three MGU-K's can now be used by drivers, up from two. Due to the extra 2 races in this season, and the fact that almost half the grid used more of them last year and the rule was a bit ridiculous.
  • Fuel outside of the fuel-cell is now restricted further down to 250ml instead of two liters. In other unexplained news, Ferrari will now be slower than Renault for some odd reason nobody can explain. Shut up, Max!

FANTASY LEAGUE
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Congratulations to Stop It for winning the 2019 league with a solid 42 point lead.

DISCORD
There's also a FormulaEra Discord:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Era F1 logo courtesy of deim0s

Last edited:

Priapus

Oct 27, 2017
"So now the flag is once again the end signal of a race."

Now let the pros handle it.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Please no Merc 1-2 in the first couple races. At least give some hope.

But most likely we'll be talking about '21 by Barcelona.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Perfect OT title, this does just feel like another 2019 season. Hopefully its a continuation of the second half of 2019 and we don't get Merc dominance for half a year again. That being said, I do want Lewis to take Schumi's records this year... and then his time at the top be over with the big rule changes.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Exactly how does F1 fantasy work? Looking forward to the final season of Merc dominance! (Lol)

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
So, we thinking Monza for Bottas getting the heave-ho and Russell getting parachuted in from a once more garbage Williams?

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I'm ready for Lewis winning his 7th driver championship, Ferrari disappointment, and McLaren best of the rest. LFG!!

sixclix

Nov 10, 2017
Allright! Bring on next season, had a blast last time around, but only after the very boring start.

FANTASY LEAGUE
The Official Era fantasy league will be added as soon as the website allows its creation
[Hidden content]
Congratulations to Stop It for winning the 2019 league with a solid 42 point lead.

Era F1 logo courtesy of deim0s

Holy snizzballs, just realised I made second place. Very happy to achieve that after a dysmal start. Kudos to the winner! Love your avatar btw :D

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Lets hope we see a more interesting season than last year, but I'm afraid a lot of people are correct in assuming it'll be 2021 at the earliest. Fingers crossed though!

Oct 26, 2017
OT tagline should have been MEIN GOTT! MUSS DAS SEIN?

Crazy early prediction based on nothing substantial: Hamilton wins his 7th WDC, but Red Bull claim the Constructors.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Look people.

If I managed to win the fantasy F1 Era last year, something is terribly wrong.

Come enter this year and correct this horrible mistake.

One day when I work out what a Discord is, I may even get the news bot working again.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Here we go again. Almost exactly here we go again.

On one hand, having mostly known equipment used could be interesting if the top teams all get very close to each other in performance, or if it lets the mid-fielders copy what wrked for the top teams last season and make that slightly competitive, but... I know better than to have those kinds of expectations for a new season.

Can we just congratulate Hamilton for his 2020 win and skip to the 2021 rules now?

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Here we go again. Almost exactly here we go again.

On one hand, having mostly known equipment used could be interesting if the top teams all get very close to each other in performance, or if it lets the mid-fielders copy what wrked for the top teams last season and make that slightly competitive, but... I know better than to have those kinds of expectations for a new season.

Can we just congratulate Hamilton for his 2020 win and skip to the 2021 rules now?
It's gonna be fun when 2021 will be even worse because is totally gonna happen. Still remember when people were hyped about the 2014 regs to finally end RB "domination" --> Most boring and dominant F1 era of all time.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
It's gonna be fun when 2021 will be even worse because is gonna happen. Still remember when people were hyped about the 2014 regs to finally end RB "domination" --> Most boring and dominant F1 era of all time.
Oh, totally, but if it's awful, we can be smug about it and say we saw that coming. On the off-chance that it actually works, though, we just get good racing. Win-win for the snarky fans.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be fun when 2021 will be even worse because is totally gonna happen. Still remember when people were hyped about the 2014 regs to finally end RB "domination" --> Most boring and dominant F1 era of all time.

I mean can it really get worse from a competitive standpoint? At worse it's more of the same.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to have F1 back!

But more importantly, Drive to Survive season 2.

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
I want to watch and keep up but F1 TV is still terrible. I unsubscribed. :(
They still don't even have a dedicated app for Apple TV which doesn't require much work outside of their already existing iOS app...

I'm really wondering how FIA is going to handle the Chinese GP. My F1 experiences liaison contacted me Friday about potential changes, but there hasn't been any official word from FIA. I'm eagerly awaiting any information about it as my travel plans have been put on hold indefinitely due to the new sponsorship deal China announced with Corona.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.