• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Shamelessly stolen from r/formula1

2nsjLyu.jpg

Obviously thinner nose, thinner looking suspension arms and big ass brake ducts.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Finally watched Ford V ferrari. Great film and Ford come out looking like a bag of dicks.

Not sure it was entirely necessary to say that Miles didn't go in 65 though since he did. Was it not all dramatic enough already.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
God, why even have this season. I hadn't looked over the schedule previously, and holy crap at some of the travel distances for some consecutive weekends. This is what happens when you let the venue pick a day and not make any attempt at location continuity.

Melbourne > Sakhir is ridiculous.
Baku > Montreal is extremely ridiculous but hey at least you can use the same car spec and setup.
Singapore (night race means -1 travel day) > Sochi is even more ridiculous. I'm practically exhausted just thinking about how brutal these will be on the teams.

We'll know early how awful the Hanoi race will be, at least! A break through the entirety of April is gonna be weird. Someone is legit going to die pushing the car too fast through the Daytona-style Zandvoort banked turns. Don't expect anyone outside the top 3 teams to spend a single cent on upgrades for these cars vs investing resources into next year.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
God, why even have this season. I hadn't looked over the schedule previously, and holy crap at some of the travel distances for some consecutive weekends. This is what happens when you let the venue pick a day and not make any attempt at location continuity.

Melbourne > Sakhir is ridiculous.
Baku > Montreal is extremely ridiculous but hey at least you can use the same car spec and setup.
Singapore (night race means -1 travel day) > Sochi is even more ridiculous. I'm practically exhausted just thinking about how brutal these will be on the teams.

We'll know early how awful the Hanoi race will be, at least! A break through the entirety of April is gonna be weird. Someone is legit going to die pushing the car too fast through the Daytona-style Zandvoort banked turns. Don't expect anyone outside the top 3 teams to spend a single cent on upgrades for these cars vs investing resources into next year.
Yeah it's bloody ridiculous. If you want back to back races (and I love them) at least put them in sensible places. Don't cry about going green and then deliberately take the longest route to get everywhere.

Hooker

Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan. The application of the black in the bottom makes car looks very blocky and long. Shame, I thought the 2019 livery was the best of the field.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
The rear end of the McLaren is just weird. It doesn't taper in, in fact it looks like it tapers back out.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't like it at all. It's not ugly per se, it just looks the kind of design we'd see from bottom-feeder team in the late 90's or early 00's. Really doesn't scream historic team.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
I'm still a fan of the orange because it's very distinctive. The blue becoming more prominent isn't my favorite, but eh.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
You need to consider this photo is under lighting.

I suspect the blue will look, and probably is exactly the same, as last year's livery.
Ahh, you're absolutely right, but the hue seems a bit different still. Looks like the orange was lighter and the blue more saturated last year.

2019:
www.mclaren.com

McLaren Formula 1 Team

McLaren Formula 1 will race with Mercedes-Benz power in the 2024 F1 season, taking to the track for 24 race weekends with Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri.
China_edit_2.jpg

2020:
2020_Launch_Car_4_BAT_3Q_v1_Website.jpg

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Ahh, you're absolutely right, but the hue seems a bit different still. Looks like the orange was lighter and the blue more saturated last year.

2019:
www.mclaren.com

McLaren Formula 1 Team

McLaren Formula 1 will race with Mercedes-Benz power in the 2024 F1 season, taking to the track for 24 race weekends with Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri.
China_edit_2.jpg

2020:
2020_Launch_Car_4_BAT_3Q_v1_Website.jpg

2019 all the way in terms of livery design. The new one looks amateur hour work.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I like that color of orange on the McLaren. It looks awesome. Hopefully they can finish 4th again, leading into next season when they get that Mercedes power.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So many of these launches like a spot the differences page from Highlights.

jay_toon10

Oct 28, 2017
Cape Town
James Allison regarding the W11
"At the rear of the car we have gone for an adventurous suspension layout in order to free up aerodynamic development opportunity."
and seems they found even more downforce for the same amount of drag they had last year....should be interesting

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
www.youtube.com

AlphaTauri launch their 2020 campaign

A new era awaits Scuderia Toro Rosso as they unveil their 2020 car and new identity AlphaTauri, follow along LIVE.For more F1® videos, visit http://www.Formu...

The AlphaTauri fashion show. there might be a car unveiling in there too at some stage.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
McLaren's entire presentation was done and dusted by now.

5.3k likes on youtube, 7.8 dislikes. lol.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Wow that Alpha Tauri livery is incredible. The red/blue from before was ok, but this black/white with the red Honda logo looks amazing.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Alpha Tauri is the best one so far, followed by Haas. Purely based on the colour schemes. Don't find the others particularly interesting. I want Ferrari to go for a deeper red one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.