• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
New Knifepoint on the same day as MAG. 0.0

and there was a new eskew recently too! quite a shock to refresh my podcast app and see all three with new episodes at ones.

but i learned where my priorities lie: only one i had time to listen to before bed was magnus. the episode was 90% metaplot but i freaking love the metaplot.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
It really died off in here haha

The ending of Ars Paradoxica throughly satiated me. Couldn't ask for more really. Would love to see a tv show adaption of it. Its ripe for it.

Hopefully Within the Wires actually picks a format that works for season 3. Season 2 proved to be a waste of time and was unengaging because they thought itd be a good idea to describe art to you rather than show it. Might have worked better if it was any other museum sans art.

EOS 10 getting another season is suprising considering it just vanished one day haha. Liked what ive heard so far tho.

Uncanny County continues to be one of my favorite podcasts around. Hope it goes on for awhile

And Creepy's pateron fee continues to be one of the best investments ive done for podcasts. Dude puts in work while no sleep continues to falter. Pseudopod is showing some promise as another horror podcast to bump tho

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
There just has not been much of interest to me in the genre lately.

Tanis is terrible, Magnus has gotten too meta, and everything else either wrapped up or is not putting out eosiodes.

Mushroom

Oct 25, 2017
It really died off in here haha

The ending of Ars Paradoxica throughly satiated me. Couldn't ask for more really. Would love to see a tv show adaption of it. Its ripe for it.

Hopefully Within the Wires actually picks a format that works for season 3. Season 2 proved to be a waste of time and was unengaging because they thought itd be a good idea to describe art to you rather than show it. Might have worked better if it was any other museum sans art.

EOS 10 getting another season is suprising considering it just vanished one day haha. Liked what ive heard so far tho.

Uncanny County continues to be one of my favorite podcasts around. Hope it goes on for awhile

And Creepy's pateron fee continues to be one of the best investments ive done for podcasts. Dude puts in work while no sleep continues to falter. Pseudopod is showing some promise as another horror podcast to bump tho
I might just have to join you on the Creepy patreon train. I haven't listened to much of it but it's definitely scratching that old school NoSleep itch.

I've given Pseudopod a few tries, I could never get into it.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
King falls am is getting good after Tim Jensen returns

Btw, how do people earn money from this podcast? Does spotify also pay them since i almost find most of them on spotify?

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be honest, I dropped The Bright Sessions at the end of season one and I felt like I should have done that a long time before. The show dragged its resolution for way too long after the Damian arc got completed, and I don't particularly find the angle they are going for with the spin-offs any enticing.
King falls am is getting good after Tim Jensen returns

Btw, how do people earn money from this podcast? Does spotify also pay them since i almost find most of them on spotify?
https://www.patreon.com/KingFallsAM

They even have a behind the scenes show for patreons only. Also, I think the actors have regular gigs.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
We're Alive is so DAMN good. I listen to it at work and sometimes I'll jump in my seat because of the ambiance.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I uh don't think We're Alive is all that good. D:

The story is fine I suppose, standard "humans vs humans with zombies on the side" stuff, but the voice acting... Ain't good.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Ewwww. The new episode of Creepy is literally disgusting, not in wrong way.. but ewwwwww. It makes me wanna close my ears

Edit: the ending though....

Last edited:

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I might just have to join you on the Creepy patreon train. I haven't listened to much of it but it's definitely scratching that old school NoSleep itch.

I've given Pseudopod a few tries, I could never get into it.
If you enjoy the free feed it's def worth the $5 a month. Dude is undercharging himself honestly, 4 stories a week is a lot for what he charges. Latest (bonus) episode was great too, gave me massive Dead Space vibes.

I was not expecting a five nights at freddys story on the No Sleep episode this week lmao. Was one of the better stories they've had too.

Can't wait for September/October. Lotta shows coming back

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I've finally caught up with all king falls episodes. They are all great, the first 30 episodes are so so, they are essentially character introduction, the real plot starts from the moment Potter is abducted

Mushroom

Oct 25, 2017
If you enjoy the free feed it's def worth the $5 a month. Dude is undercharging himself honestly, 4 stories a week is a lot for what he charges. Latest (bonus) episode was great too, gave me massive Dead Space vibes.

I was not expecting a five nights at freddys story on the No Sleep episode this week lmao. Was one of the better stories they've had too.

Can't wait for September/October. Lotta shows coming back

Yea, I'm enjoying the current episodes of Creepy, the main guy and his guests do a good job and keeping the story interesting.

They had a freddy story? I found this week's episode underwhelming and just had it as background noise.

Last edited:

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 9 of Eskew is one of the most panic inducing things I have ever listened to. Just really good stuff.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I finally decided to give The Beef and Dairy Network Podcast a shot, and holy moly this is my jam.

Reminds me a lot of Qwerpline, which I fucking love, and wish it came out regularly instead of once a year.

Anyone got other recs along this line?

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Listening to Up &Vanished, I thought it was a fictional podcast, turns out to be a real documentary :|

Took me 50 mins to realize it

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Eskew is great.

Magnus is still great.

I appreciate that some have turned off Magnus because they don't like that fact there is a more involved meta narrative emerging after 100+ episodes.
But I'm having a great time with it.

Mushroom

Oct 25, 2017
I think i'm nearing the end of my enjoyments of NoSleep, the stories read more like short stories than creepy urban legend stories. I'm starting to skip stories, something I've rarely done. The production and voice acting is too polished and for me starts to take away from the confusion, mystery and terror lf horror.

Fleshgait on creepy is one of the best stories I've heard. It hits a good cadance of horror and continous tension.

Itms not even the time length, Fleshgait by Creepy was the best story I've heard in a year. It had

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I think i'm nearing the end of my enjoyments of NoSleep, the stories read more like short stories than creepy urban legend stories. I'm starting to skip stories, something I've rarely done. The production and voice acting is too polished and for me starts to take away from the confusion, mystery and terror lf horror.

Fleshgait on creepy is one of the best stories I've heard. It hits a good cadance of horror and continous tension.

Itms not even the time length, Fleshgait by Creepy was the best story I've heard in a year. It had
The consistent problem with no sleep is it seems to think that 35 min of backstory and 2-3 min of horror is a horror story. That was the exact problem with the plant story, the entire kid part of the story could have been cut out. The worst are the stories which take up the whole episode and feature a whole 5min of horror, like the borascla(?) Story.

Anyway, creepys burgrr entries was damn good. Love when authors try to describe otherworlds

Mushroom

Oct 25, 2017
The consistent problem with no sleep is it seems to think that 35 min of backstory and 2-3 min of horror is a horror story. That was the exact problem with the plant story, the entire kid part of the story could have been cut out. The worst are the stories which take up the whole episode and feature a whole 5min of horror, like the borascla(?) Story.

Anyway, creepys burgrr entries was damn good. Love when authors try to describe otherworlds

Man that episode was one of my least favorite things NoSleep ever did. I'll bring up Fleshgait again, that story had a great balance of introductory backstory abd would interject it smoothly when it was relevant to the plot.

I was rolling my eyes so much this current episode of NoSleep. These current stories are hitting Mary Sue levels of wittiness if that makes any sense, not to mention the constant melodramatic dialogue. I find that horror is at it's best when it methodically introduced tension and dread, no matter the actual length of time it takes. That's why MAG is so great, because the RQ gang knowns how to control that dial of surrealism while still keeping that sense of mystery; unlike PNWS where they just wrote thenselves into a ridiculous ending because they went for the craziest things possible with no way back.

lojo

Oct 27, 2017
The ending to Alice isn't dead was kinda disappointing.

Having this grand conspiracy come down to a brawl, between a few people, in the middle of nowhere just deflated the whole thing for me.

It also felt like they should've brought Alice into the story sooner. I never really felt invested in her or her relationships to any of the other characters. The show always felt weaker when they moved the perspective away from Keisha.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017

Having this grand conspiracy come down to a brawl, between a few people, in the middle of nowhere just deflated the whole thing for me.

It also felt like they should've brought Alice into the story sooner. I never really felt invested in her or her relationships to any of the other characters. The show always felt weaker when they moved the perspective away from Keisha.
With you on this. Also, like so many of these types of stories, once the creepy stuff became A Thing, it became far less interesting. It's hard to reveal information about an unknowable force without making it... knowable. I love the setting and conceit, but, eh.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Sweet beholding!

I listened to Magnus 116 three times today. What a great episode!

I am still thoroughly on the Magnus train.

I appreciate some folk seemingly gave up because the meta plot became more involved... but it's over 100 episodes now... come on guys...

Angleton

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone recommend any god child friendly fictional podcasts? My 6 year old daughter has overheard bits of what I listen to and is interested and I thought it would be nice if there was something we could listen to together but my playlists is either too scary/creepy, has swearing or weird humour I don't think she would get. She would be fine with a bit of mild scariness and mystery, two of her favourite shows are Mystery Incorporated and Gravity Falls.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I'm on episode 45 of MAG, so I guess I'm around the beginning of season 2? I'm a bit unclear on that. Anyway, any good resources to refresh my memory on the overarching story? I feel like listening to creepy horror stories, but it's been quite a while since I've listened to this.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017

Ending was kinda meh I agree. Also agree that Alice's perspective shoulda been brought into the picture during S1, instead of during the finale.

Man, No sleep showed some promise with the first story and then fell back into their bullshit with the second.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
So i was interested to see that the Byron Chronicles popped out a new episode the other day. It has been years since I listened. Amazing podcast for those who really want to go years back and listen.

I'm still not sure what Byron is but it's in my top 3 Supernatural vpodcasts.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm on episode 45 of MAG, so I guess I'm around the beginning of season 2? I'm a bit unclear on that. Anyway, any good resources to refresh my memory on the overarching story? I feel like listening to creepy horror stories, but it's been quite a while since I've listened to this.
imo The Magnus Archives only gets better with repeated listening.
The nice thing with The Magnus Archives is that Johnny Simms actually had a an overall plan for the narrative, so there's all sort of details one would miss on the first listen.
Compared to TBT which had perhaps no plan, and I do not wish to listen to again lol

I don't know why I still like Tanis, I think I'm being brainwashed.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
The one showing I'm really waiting to come back is Kings Fall AM

It's like a progressive Twin Peaks that centers around a small town AM radio station. Lots of supernatural and weird happenings. Think Night Vale but actually entertaining with a great group of characters that make up the town.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone recommend any god child friendly fictional podcasts? My 6 year old daughter has overheard bits of what I listen to and is interested and I thought it would be nice if there was something we could listen to together but my playlists is either too scary/creepy, has swearing or weird humour I don't think she would get. She would be fine with a bit of mild scariness and mystery, two of her favourite shows are Mystery Incorporated and Gravity Falls.
You could screen Uncanny County and Fairy tales for unwanted children. Besides that i got nothing that might be child friendly

Angleton

Oct 27, 2017
You could screen Uncanny County and Fairy tales for unwanted children. Besides that i got nothing that might be child friendly

Thanks, I'm a big fan of Uncanny County so I'll go back though them and try and find some of the kid friendly ones (not the clown motel).

In the meantime I've found two that look promising, going to download some episodes to check them out and then see what my daughter thinks. The ones I'm going to try are

The Unexplainable Disappearance of Mars Patel and Byrony Brownwell's Mystery Project.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sayer is great. It's done much better at managing an ongoing story than Magnus did, and had the good sense to kick back into anthology mode (at least so far) this season.

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
Eskew has replaced Magnus as my favorite horror podcast right now. Magnus is still good but they're so bogged down by the meta and everything being explained or tied together conveniently, it has become much less interesting to me. There's no mystery left to most of it, and it just sort of has become a serialized drama now. Eskew is much creepier and seems to be doubling down on the unexplainable weirdness. I love it!

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I listened to MAG 47 a couple of nights ago.
The episode ended with Michael (? I think, some otherwordly being anyway) making an appearance, and it was just so... Corny and lame that I kind of lost all interest in listening more. Lol.

I typically love a good overarching storyline/metaplot as much as anyone, but I'm not sure MAG's is doing it for me so far. The individual horror stories were much more interesting. I might listen to an episode every now and then, but for now I'll stick to SAYER for my horror needs.

I need to jump back into Eskew, though. The first episode was solid.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Eskew has replaced Magnus as my favorite horror podcast right now. Magnus is still good but they're so bogged down by the meta and everything being explained or tied together conveniently, it has become much less interesting to me. There's no mystery left to most of it, and it just sort of has become a serialized drama now. Eskew is much creepier and seems to be doubling down on the unexplainable weirdness. I love it!
That's where I'm at. Eskew reminds me of the uneasy cosmic horror weirdness of early Magnus seasons, where things just happened and people were just caught in the midst. The lack of any concrete explanations is what made Magnus scary to me, compared to The Black Tapes which I had been listening to when I discovered Magnus. Magnus stories were often from a limited perspective, so there isn't really an explanation for why things happen or what the happenings are. We weren't trying to solve what was going like in Black Tapes. The people telling the stories weren't figuring what happened through ancient texts or folklore. These eerie things just happened and we were left in the dark just like those people. Because of that, the story in Magnus Archives had such a great sense of creepy unknown.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Magnus is still good outside the meta stuff. All the recent dirt and mud stories were good (although, Eskew also had a great one of those...) and I quite liked the movie about the Spider.

That spider one was Best Kind of Magnus, since it sort of interacted with the previous spider storybook statement but without being a necessary continuity.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I've wrapped back around to really loving Magnus and y'all won't convince me I'm wrong dangit!!!

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's still fun to listen to and I totally respect how talented the Rusty Quill folks are. The one off episodes are really great and the latest episode "The Show Must Go On" was excellent. It's just not quite as captivating at it once was.

Tim's sudden desire for revenge because he has a brother that was conveniently murdered by a spooky clown really annoyed me, and Gerard Keay's statement was probably my biggest disappointment in the show so far. The fact one of the only remaining characters with any mystery to them was used to info dump about all the different powers was just lame. Compare that episode to the one from season two where his mother gives her statement (easily one of the top five episodes IMO), and it just feels like a different show. I'm hoping once the stupid spooky mannequin circus plot finally wraps up, we'll get some big changes.