• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OceanicAir

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Limetown is back! Was surprised to see it in my feed today, thought it'd be tomorrow. Good episode, although I'm gonna do a complete S1 relisten even though there was a 'previously on.' Glad it's back!

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wow, Limetown is back! Was surprised to see it in my feed today, thought it'd be tomorrow. Good episode, although I'm gonna do a complete S1 relisten even though there was a 'previously on.' Glad it's back!
Maybe I've just been spoiled by other shows, listening to the S1 recap and the first episode of S2 this morning... I don't actually know if Limetown is that great. I think most of the acting is pretty lackluster and all of the dialogue is kind of stilted and overwritten. That conference call bit in the first episode is pretty indicative of what I'm talking about.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I've just been spoiled by other shows, listening to the S1 recap and the first episode of S2 this morning... I don't actually know if Limetown is that great. I think most of the acting is pretty lackluster and all of the dialogue is kind of stilted and overwritten. That conference call bit in the first episode is pretty indicative of what I'm talking about.
This is my greatest fear as I prepare to restart from episode one myself. Haha.

Mushroom

Oct 25, 2017
Ya, it's a bit annoying how it's only labeled as early release instead of having the story title there. I'm sure if you bring it up with him he might change it.

I'll have to throw a full recommendation into The Other Stories. Very good audio, quality voice actors, and good stories. It's an anthology series about interesting, weird, or horror stories. Most stories are 15 minutes or less which makes it easy to pick up. I just need them to add a dedicated RSS feed to the pateron support
He seems pretty active in the patreon forum, I might have to just post it there. But yeah, I really enjoy his reads, and he has some good guest VAs too. They're able to hit that good point where it's well produced but not overly dramatic like how NoSleep sometimes does it.

I'll have to check It out, thanks.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Just listened to new follow up poscryptum info of wolf359. And just found out they are writing new project called Timebomb, is it any good?

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
It was decent. You'll recognize most of the voices from wolf359. It's very short (3 eps) and worth snacking on at some point.
I have already listened to all of them. I think it literally has potential. I never watch brookly 99, but it gets me brooklyn 99 vibe. Im giving it a chance already

Also, their writing style is very distinctive. You can know they are the writer from the way it is written

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, caught up on all of The Other Stories. That's a shame. At least I have 2 good horror podcasts putting out content a week (Creepy). And they added a patron feed, tho it's a little borked in archived stuff. Guess it's time to burn through 600 Second Saga next lol, which is also pretty good.

The Phenomenon is starting to build towards a climax. I wonder how it'll end. I could spoil myself and just read the book, but that'd be no fun. So far tho, it's exactly what I want out of a post apoc story (more like, currently occurring but still)

Hopefully Gone and The Dark Tome return soon. Miss both of them for different reasons. Also god damn, wish Tribulation would say something about the next season.

Man, mannnnnnnnnnnnnn I wanted The Rose Hill Diaries to be good. A knockoff of silent hill but in podcast form? Why wouldn't I want that? Sadly it's up there with Kowabana. The majority of the voice actors range from bad to mediocre. This is especially bad with the main character because he's incredibly flat with little range, delivering most lines in a monotone voice. Audio quality between the voice actors also varies wildly. Where some are too quiet or too loud, or the difference in the mic quality is immediately apparent. There's very little in the way of horror or creepiness, as the protag is seemingly never in danger. In fact, the other characters in the show actively deter him from it. Any thing might be scary is just shut down and pushed away by those characters, with no details on why you should avoid it to begin with. It also moves at a glacial pace, with most episodes being a single conversation with a single character. With little to no overarching story being discussed or hinted at. Instead, those other characters immediately shut down any sort of conversation like that. Leaving me very bored as the characters themselves are underdeveloped, so the dialog isn't inciting. For context as to how slow the story moves, it took 1 and about a half seasons to get through a graveyard and into the main area. The story also has the problem of being extremely disjointed, where inbetween episodes things will happen that we're not aware of or were hinted at. Making the flow between episodes jarring.

Mushroom

Oct 25, 2017
DIdn't realize that a new season of Tracks was released all this month. Great podcast, first two season were great.

Blackwood is a decent podcast, it's in the mold of Black Tapes, but without the awkward readings. It focuses on three teens researching a local urban legend.

Last edited:

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Is it just me, or is season 2 of Limetown a seemingly directionless mess that barely connects to season 1 even though we're already at episode 3 of 5? I re-listened to the first season and still really like it, but season 2 feels like an entirely different team made it.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
DIdn't realize that a new season of Tracks was released all this month. Great podcast, first two season were great.

Blackwood is a decent podcast, it's in the mold of Black Tapes, but without the awkward readings. It focuses on three teens researching a local urban legend.
Ahhh, forgot to pop in mention that tracks released another season out of no where lol. Good stuff from them

Is it just me, or is season 2 of Limetown a seemingly directionless mess that barely connects to season 1 even though we're already at episode 3 of 5? I re-listened to the first season and still really like it, but season 2 feels like an entirely different team made it.
This is what I was afraid of. That it had been entirely too long for them to write a good follow up.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not liking it very much.

Edit: Also listened to S2 of Homecoming today which was okay, but felt weak. Maybe because I didn't read the ebook they constantly yelled about. Also finished S3 of The Darkest Night which has a truly awful ending episode. Abysmal. I stick with the show as I enjoy some of the acting, but the writing is pretty lacking and the sound effects are just so over the top and dumb.

Last edited:

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I see some people really liking Creepy here. Is it actually good? I listened to Small Town Horror and hated it so I've been avoiding his other podcast.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017

Edit: Also listened to S2 of Homecoming today which was okay, but felt weak. Maybe because I didn't read the ebook they constantly yelled about. Also finished S3 of The Darkest Night which has a truly awful ending episode. Abysmal. I stick with the show as I enjoy some of the acting, but the writing is pretty lacking and the sound effects are just so over the top and dumb.
Man, i'm surprised anyone could stick around after what happened midway through season 2. I finished the second season and it was pretty bad. Listened to one episode of season 3 and noped out. For 2 seasons they've failed to understand why season 1 was a good listen.
I see some people really liking Creepy here. Is it actually good? I listened to Small Town Horror and hated it so I've been avoiding his other podcast.
Creepy is fantastic, far better than no sleep. STH was ok, but suffered from not much happening most of the time. His narrative style lends itself well to the creepypasta format. He has a fair few narrators now and pumps out episodes a week if you're a patron.

Mushroom

Oct 25, 2017
I was mixed about STH, but I personally really like his narration for Creepy and some of the guest actors he has on. He seems to pick up a lot of stories that are still in that "possible" creepy pasta that NoSleep lacks now. I do like that there's one story per episode, makes it easier to remember the ones I like. I recommend the "Fleshgait" ep

I jumped off Darkest Night after the end of S1.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Nah mate, I'm liking Limetown Series 2.

It's answering some of my questions and it's leaning into the scifi vibes some more, so I'm happy.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Man, i'm surprised anyone could stick around after what happened midway through season 2. I finished the second season and it was pretty bad. Listened to one episode of season 3 and noped out. For 2 seasons they've failed to understand why season 1 was a good listen.

Creepy is fantastic, far better than no sleep. STH was ok, but suffered from not much happening most of the time. His narrative style lends itself well to the creepypasta format. He has a fair few narrators now and pumps out episodes a week if you're a patron.

I was mixed about STH, but I personally really like his narration for Creepy and some of the guest actors he has on. He seems to pick up a lot of stories that are still in that "possible" creepy pasta that NoSleep lacks now. I do like that there's one story per episode, makes it easier to remember the ones I like. I recommend the "Fleshgait" ep

I jumped off Darkest Night after the end of S1.
Does his narration avoid sounding like he's... I don't know, a combination of bored and sick? That's how a lot of STH came across to me. I will say at least with Creepy the writing isn't on him.

Mushroom

Oct 25, 2017
Does his narration avoid sounding like he's... I don't know, a combination of bored and sick? That's how a lot of STH came across to me. I will say at least with Creepy the writing isn't on him.
He has the same cadence but he definitely keeps up a good pace since he's reading an already written story instead of acting out his own stuff.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Spotify wrap up of the year has come. So whats your podcast of the year?

Smart-Select-Image-2018-12-07-14-32-01.png

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017

Listened to Darkest Night season 3 and there's nothing more cringe than nerds trying to write a "chad" archetype. Also I can't fucking believe the writers had the audacity to try and do a red herring AGAIN . Like, we already know it's all just "drugs lol". Why even bother with this shit? And man, the voice acting in the last episode was actually atrocious. Why this series did more than two seasons plot wise is baffling.

Dude has pretty good range when the story calls for it. He just doesn't overact for every single story like No Sleep does.

Spotify wrap up of the year has come. So whats your podcast of the year?

Smart-Select-Image-2018-12-07-14-32-01.png
Best ongoing is still The Magnus Archives, which is a void that I haven't been able to fill yet.
Best one I picked up this year was Creepy.

Time for more impressions of stuff i've been listening to (and i picked up 37 more podcasts after writing this lmao)
Jisko Archive Records: Real shame that this podcast just vanished for half a year. Felt like it was building up to being something real good. Like, a Fallout Vault experiment in podcast form.

Station Blue: The third season will make or break whether or not I recommend this one. Could become something special depending on where it goes. Funny that this and The White Vault popped up at around the same time.

The Monster Hunters: An english comedy series with a 70s style. I need to listen more but it has potential. Sadly I feel like i'm missing a lot of the jokes (like with beef and diary) due to being unfamiliar with english comedy. Setup is basically a team of monster hunters, hunting monsters. Feels kinda scooby doo at times in tone.

The Amelia Project: Really like this one. Another english podcast focusing on a company that fakes people's deaths and gives them a new life. Dialogue is interesting, and it's sometimes funny.

Palimpsest: Each season appears to deal with something paranormal/supernatural. Liking the second season a whole lot more than the first. Hopefully it stays strong throughout.

Limetown S2: is better than what i've heard. But it is suffering from nothing interesting happening most of the time. Still time to save it tho.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Upcoming podcast from Fangoria called The Narrow Caves, launching December 20.

Excerpt from press release:
Adapted from a script by award-winning novelist, screenwriter, and director S. Craig Zahler (Bone Tomahawk, Wraiths of the Broken Land), The Narrow Caves features voice acting by Vincent D'Onofrio (Full Metal Jacket, Daredevil), Will Patton (Armageddon, Falling Skies), Lili Simmons (Bone Tomahawk, Banshee) and Wyatt Russell (Everybody Wants Some, Black Mirror). Binary Reptile provides the haunting score to the eight-episode series.
"The Narrow Caves is the first Audiostate ever released, a new type of content that combines the immersive quality of Hollywood films with the intimacy of audio, creating an 'ear-movie' experience," says CINESTATE & FANGORIA CEO Dallas Sonnier. "Top talents from film and television have brought their years of storytelling experience to the podcast, bringing these characters to life and setting them on a lurid yet gorgeous path."

The podcast follows two college students, Walter and Ruby, who are drawn to each other despite an antagonistic initial encounter. Their strange bond grows stronger when Walter joins Ruby on a holiday trip to her home in upstate New York, where a living darkness inhabits the woodlands that surround her family's mansion. This engrossing and unpredictable blend of mystery, horror, and romance subverts the idea of "fated love" while exploring strange compulsions, intense desires, and ancient mysteries best left buried deep in the earth.​
To capitalize on the cinematic quality of the series, all eight episodes of the podcast will be released at once, allowing the listener to explore the mysterious world of The Narrow Caves without interruption.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Christmas Carol episode from King falls. What a weird concept of christmas carol.

I didnt say that. Lol

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sad to hear many not liking s2 of Limetown. I was just about to pick it back up again. I'll still give it a shot but it'll probably move further down the queue.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm about halfway through the Limetown S2 finale - will finish up on my way home. Overall the season hasn't been outstanding but I'm enjoying it thus far, and I think it'll probably hold up better if you can binge through the whole thing at once.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm about halfway through the Limetown S2 finale - will finish up on my way home. Overall the season hasn't been outstanding but I'm enjoying it thus far, and I think it'll probably hold up better if you can binge through the whole thing at once.
That's probably fair. Some of the episodes that drag a bit may not be as bad if you don't have the gaps between them. Curious to see what other people think of the finale.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I enjoyed S2 of Limetown quite a bit. After re-listing to the first season in preparation, I think the acting has noticeably improved. The lady who plays Charlie was great and the man who played Daniel stole the show.

I was really happy that Emile couldn't break down Charlie like he expected. Listening to the episode, I was nervous they they'd in the direction of making Charlie another one of his victims. Him getting him comeuppances was perfectly satisfying.

I'm curious to know if they have any plans for a third season. Also interested to see how the show turns out. Sucks that it's stuck on Facebook, though.

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Just finished the Limetown finale and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Still, while the production values were top notch and definitely see what they were going for, I'm not sure they stuck the landing. Season 1 gave us a ton of potential plot threads to explore and basically going "why would those stories even matter, can't you see the big picture?" is a great twist for season 2. That only works if the stories we do get are as compelling as the ones we've already heard, though, and this season definitely retreads a lot of the same ground. I appreciate them humanizing "the man they were all there for", but i don't think we had any moments as memorable as Lenore describing being good at her job or the reverend who emotionally connected with the pig.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Woahhhh suddenly Eskew. Totally thought it was on a longer hiatus or something. Good as always. Making me doubt the fabric of reality and all that.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Just stopping by to say that Nocturnal Transmissions is another great horror anthology podcast. Super high quality like The Other STories.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Is it impossible to embed spotify podcast in a post?

King fall's homecoming episode is out. I dont play football so i dont underatand the football terms they are talking about. The monopoly section is very funny though 😂😂

Mushroom

Oct 25, 2017
Just stopping by to say that Nocturnal Transmissions is another great horror anthology podcast. Super high quality like The Other STories.
I'll check It out, I've taken a break fro fictional podcasts (been cutting down on podcasts in general, did a cull not too long ago).

The newest season of NoSleep has been good especially compared to how the last one started, last season didn't get good up until episode 17.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
statement 0190110
statement of corasaur regarding the best spooky podcast finally coming back.

statement recorded direct from subject, January 10th, 2019.

the real life johnny sims must be watching me because The Magnus Archives always releases the
sleep related episodes when i'm at my most exhausted

anyways return of the king here to duel with eskew for my heart.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I'll check It out, I've taken a break fro fictional podcasts (been cutting down on podcasts in general, did a cull not too long ago).

The newest season of NoSleep has been good especially compared to how the last one started, last season didn't get good up until episode 17.
Lemme know how you feel about it.

No sleep has been on an upwards curve with their stories, maybe they've been looking at the criticism

Picked up Wrong Station and it might be a contender to be in my regular horror rotation, i'll have to listen to more episodes

I was enjoying Be Scared until it turned into random people's horror stories instead of experienced writers pretending to be amateur.

The creator of Small Town Horror benefited greatly from taking a break and making Creepy in the mean time. His writing improved dramatically and made the final season of STH pretty good. Reading other people's stories is a great way to improve your writing skills.

Speaking of, Creepy has had some great episodes lately. The quantum computer story was great.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Kf am's Birdbox is good. I mean nothing happens literally, but that ending though. It feel like a game of thrones episode title

Mushroom

Oct 25, 2017
Lemme know how you feel about it.

No sleep has been on an upwards curve with their stories, maybe they've been looking at the criticism

Picked up Wrong Station and it might be a contender to be in my regular horror rotation, i'll have to listen to more episodes

I was enjoying Be Scared until it turned into random people's horror stories instead of experienced writers pretending to be amateur.

The creator of Small Town Horror benefited greatly from taking a break and making Creepy in the mean time. His writing improved dramatically and made the final season of STH pretty good. Reading other people's stories is a great way to improve your writing skills.

Speaking of, Creepy has had some great episodes lately. The quantum computer story was great.
I've been buying them a la carte this season, I'd say the first five ep were worth it and they've now dipped in quality again. I'll have to check out STH again, I liked the premise but the plot got a bit convoluted.

I'm catching up on the the last 10 or so eps of King Falls, it's still interesting but I'm kinda losing interest in the overarching narrative, enjoyed it more when it was just whacky call ins, still think it's an incredibly talented group of individuals.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Subbed,new to podcasts and like fiction,murder mysteries,paranormal stories and documentaries. First podcast is We're Alive,enjoying so far.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Is there a good horror podcast that deals more with cosmic horror? Like Tanis, but good. I'm in the mood for something.

I already subbed to Magnus but wouldn't mind another quality one.

Mushroom

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm finally ready to stop paying for NoSleep, this season had a promising start but the writing has become so bloated and even performances by some of my favorite VA aren't enough to hold my interest anymore. I've been listening to a lot more youtube VAs, and some of the "true" stories are pretty great and scratch that "urban legend" itch (speaking of how many of you fell in love with horror back in elementary school thanks to Scary Stories to tell in the Dark). I'm enjoying Be. Scared by Be. Busta so far.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm finally ready to stop paying for NoSleep, this season had a promising start but the writing has become so bloated and even performances by some of my favorite VA aren't enough to hold my interest anymore. I've been listening to a lot more youtube VAs, and some of the "true" stories are pretty great and scratch that "urban legend" itch (speaking of how many of you fell in love with horror back in elementary school thanks to Scary Stories to tell in the Dark). I'm enjoying Be. Scared by Be. Busta so far.
Yeap, no sleep took another nosedive. Like the whistle which made you kinda wanna murder? Was stupid with no payoff. I'm not sure how that comes close to being horror.

I was enjoying be scared until they got into random real life retellings

Mushroom

Oct 25, 2017
Yeap, no sleep took another nosedive. Like the whistle which made you kinda wanna murder? Was stupid with no payoff. I'm not sure how that comes close to being horror.

I was enjoying be scared until they got into random real life retellings
"Try to Remember" was such a garbage story, and it was sooooooo long.

I just recently started shifting around these youtube channels, I like Mr.Nightmare and there was another British narrator with a softer voice, I can't recall his name at the moment. I like the real life retellings, there's some real good stories and they're usually shorter.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
"Try to Remember" was such a garbage story, and it was sooooooo long.

I just recently started shifting around these youtube channels, I like Mr.Nightmare and there was another British narrator with a softer voice, I can't recall his name at the moment. I like the real life retellings, there's some real good stories and they're usually shorter.
I forgot which one that was until you said something lmao. Why with these long stories which do nothing for 3/4ths?

The first story (free version) of the new episode just shows the weaknessez of their writers and the problem with no sleep right now. Theres a perfect moment to start inducing horror from a pov perspective, but instead its a 1m exposition which is quickly moved on from. And the rest of the story is just a "he could still be following you, maybe" ending.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to finishing Wormwood. Overall, I enjoyed it. There was some really bad acting and sound problems. Too many characters. Last season was kinda weird since they spent two thirds of it on world building and character development which didn't matter much for the last third since it was just good guys fighting bad guys. All that effort made me think they were gonna go for a really epic ending lol. But it was still nice to follow these characters and their stories for the entirety of the podcast.

Now that I've finished that, it looks like the first fiction podcast I listened to, We're Alive, just updated today! A new episode is out. It's a recap of the story. Looks like the new season will come out soon.

Edit: It has been announced for September.

Last edited: