• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 32679

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Listening to The White Vault atm and so far it's intriguing if a bit slow. Anyone have any good dramas to recommend?

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I love The White Vault. It's very good. And (so far) doesn't get all up its own ass with lore, unlike... a lot of these types of shows.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
i've only been listening to the white vault when it's snowing. i'll have to save season three until whenever in december/january.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I am so so so disappointed in how Lovecraft Covenant turned out. I was expecting a lovecraft come to life and instead I get what would be an episode on serial

Also, my reaction to this week's free episode of No Sleep
2l3xgs.jpg

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I keep catching up to fictional podcasts only to hear they've started a new season on stitcher premium.

Am I gonna have to sign up for that ugh.

If I do... Can I plug in an rss feed to another podcatcher? I really like pocket casts, and their new interface (bar a couple quirks). D:

Latest victim: Eos 10. Finally gave it a shot and I love it tbh. But now!!! Ugh.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
I keep catching up to fictional podcasts only to hear they've started a new season on stitcher premium.

Am I gonna have to sign up for that ugh.

If I do... Can I plug in an rss feed to another podcatcher? I really like pocket casts, and their new interface (bar a couple quirks). D:

Latest victim: Eos 10. Finally gave it a shot and I love it tbh. But now!!! Ugh.

Yeah, you can log in on this site:

https://stitcher-rss.128.io

It'll give you an RSS feed you can plug into Pocketcasts. I use it all the time.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I started the Horror of Dolores from Gimlet media and thought it started great but by episode (out of 8 total) I didn't want to continue anymore. Just became dumb with how the Dolores kept acting so surprised by everyone else's dodgy acts else but continued doing her dodgy acts anyway. Just did seem believable at all.

Nov 30, 2018
Just binged Video Palace (Shudder) and enjoyed it. Anybody else like it?

Looking for similar podcasts to it. I heard of Unwell and The Case of Charles Dexter Ward. Might check them out soon.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Just binged Video Palace (Shudder) and enjoyed it. Anybody else like it?

Looking for similar podcasts to it. I heard of Unwell and The Case of Charles Dexter Ward. Might check them out soon.
I enjoyed Video Palaze quite a bunch.

I can't say its especially like it, but right now I'm listening to Spines and enjoying it.

Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished the first season of Hello from the Magic Tavern. I'm interested to see with where they go for the second season, but I loved the Cowboy World Interlude and the one with Sarah. I skipped through a lot of the third because I can't stand the intro/outdo guy and Craig's stuff. It isn't remotely interesting to me.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of lame that the follow up to the Bright Sessions is exclusive to a paid service. I mean it's good for the talent - get that money. Just means I'll orobably not bother with it. Too many other podcasts to listen to for free, and I wasn't head over heels for the Bight Sessions by the end anyways.

Speedlynx

Nov 22, 2017
Damn, I'm on episode 30 or so of SAYER and that shit is amazing.

Limetown is great too, finished it a while back.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
NEW A VERY FATAL MURDER

yessss

Really need more shit like this in my life. Beef and Dairy Network. QWERPLINE (I wish this wasn't dead). I know I've said this before in this thread. But it is my lifeblood.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there was intended irony with calling FMA trash in the new mini season of Archive 81 (considering the plot of the season)? Also, I love how Archive 81 has progressed. It's like if the trading mechanics of POE were used in rituals.

How are people feeling about the SCP podcast? Has some pretty good production so far. hoping they do the memetic division storyline, that's tv show worthy (mini series)

If you loved SOMA and aren't listening to Sayer you're fucking up. The themes in season 4 and 5 are all about that.

Liking the ostium network in later seasons, too a bit to pick up

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if there was intended irony with calling FMA trash in the new mini season of Archive 81 (considering the plot of the season)? Also, I love how Archive 81 has progressed. It's like if the trading mechanics of POE were used in rituals.

How are people feeling about the SCP podcast? Has some pretty good production so far. hoping they do the memetic division storyline, that's tv show worthy (mini series)

If you loved SOMA and aren't listening to Sayer you're fucking up. The themes in season 4 and 5 are all about that.

I've been pleasantly surprised with the scp podcast. It would definitely be great if they do the antimemetics division one day.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017

Archive 81 is so weird. How it went from season one to this, while still remaining in the same world, I'll never know. But I love it. i have to imagine the FMA dig was some self-aware shit. There's no way.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Archive 81 is so weird. How it went from season one to this, while still remaining in the same world, I'll never know. But I love it. i have to imagine the FMA dig was some self-aware shit. There's no way.
Definitely the most unique take on occult rituals i've seen in fiction.

No updates on Tribulation or Gone makes me sad

Mushroom

Oct 25, 2017
My interest in fictional podcasts has fallen in the past few month... I'm caught up on Kings Falls, MAG is still great but I'm just not that into the overarching story, and NoSleep's nosedive in the quality of their stories is still disappointing. I'd say Creepy is the only one that is good every once in a while for me.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Patrons i'm supporting:
Nocturnal Transmissions
The Other Stories
Creepy

After years of searching, I've finally found a podcast focused on Occult horror stories and it's pretty good. Intro is a little campy but it fits. It's called The Dark Verse. It might interest More_Badass

If you're looking to diversify, there's a black horror podcast called Nightlight. Stories by black people and show creator is also black.

SCP Archives has also been pretty good so far. Will probably support it on patron eventually.

Ostium Network got a lot better as the seasons went on. Hope it keeps this up

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Oooo The Amelia Project is coming back super soon. That's gonna be good. Wonder how they're gonna handle the ending of season 1

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Okay White Vault has me interested so far...

I still defend Magnus going all-in with lore considering it has now reached over 140 episodes.
I'm sure if it really upset you to have lore exist, you could skip lore-centric episodes and still have over 100 episodes of fantastic horror delivered into your ears.

It's nothing compared to the delirium that Tanis was.
Their 'Rabbits' and 'The Last Movie' shorts seemed to benefit far more for the focussed narrative.

... kinda like how Archive 81 has evolved, with each series having a unique angle.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not upset by TMA going deep into the lore - I just can't keep it all straight most of the time unfortunately.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I'm full-blown magnus-fanboy at this point and have listened to most of it twice. it's great.

Oct 29, 2017
I finally got around to starting "We're AIive" earlier. I turned it off before the first episode ended. There was a real lack of any tension given the actors didn't sound like they were really in any kind of danger or threat, it all sounded too calm.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Same here, I still enjoy it even though I dont recall everything lol.
I'm full-blown magnus-fanboy at this point and have listened to most of it twice. it's great.
MAG truly is the only thing keeping this thread alive lol
Aye, it's grand for re-listening.

I think I've done it 3 times now, and it's crazy how much stuff was set up earlier on.

I finished the White Vault, really great sound design and voice talent.
It seems there are spin off podcasts behind paywalls.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
i can also fanboy Eskew if that helps.
That's great too!
I use to listen to them twice back to back but I dont do it often anymore.

Currently listening to Nosleep, man this has gotten bad. At least I stopped paying for it.
It's thoroughly mediocre and that new seasoning opening is basura. I just use it to pass time in the shower

Sad I finished The Dark Verse, that's like the only occult horror podcast out there and it updates very slowly.

Picked up Return Home, so far it's occult fiction with some silent hill splashed in. Very excited to see how this turns out

Sleuth

alt account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
I'm assuming you want storylines

Horror/Mystery:
Magnus Archives
Archive 81
I Am in Eskew
Limetown
Tribulation

Scifi:
Sayer
Wolf 359
The Phenomenon (most post apoc)
Ars Paradoxica

Cool. Which ones are the best of these would you say? I am listening to the first episode of Limetown and it seems like it could be really cool.

Also listened to the first two of Wolf 359, seems cool. Very light hearted. Doesn't feel instantly gripping like Limetown, I guess.

Do you guys ever listen to these at home? Or only on commutes and traveling around?

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Finished Ars Paradoxica, it was a good one.

A really great cast, and the occasionally variable mic quality didn't bother me, the ending was essentially what I expected, but perhaps I thought there might be some nods to the Philadelphia Experiment myth, especially the weird character/pseudonym of 'Carlos Miguel Allende' that penned the original tale.

I guess I'll restart Wolf 359.

Not enough podcasts about aliens.

Do you guys ever listen to these at home? Or only on commutes and traveling around?
I mostly listen to them at work, as it doesn't distract from what I'm doing (I draw pictures).

Sometimes if I look at some older work, I can recall the podcast / audiobook I was listening to at the time.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Aye, it's grand for re-listening.

I think I've done it 3 times now, and it's crazy how much stuff was set up earlier on.

I finished the White Vault, really great sound design and voice talent.
It seems there are spin off podcasts behind paywalls.
Late follow up but yeah Magnus is crazy with how they seeded things so long ago. I used to listen to each episode twice, but lately what I've been doing is after an ep comes out going back and listening to 2-3 episodes with the recurring characters or powers. Eg listening to Agnes or Annabelle episodes so I remember their specific arc leading up to the new ep.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Late follow up but yeah Magnus is crazy with how they seeded things so long ago. I used to listen to each episode twice, but lately what I've been doing is after an ep comes out going back and listening to 2-3 episodes with the recurring characters or powers. Eg listening to Agnes or Annabelle episodes so I remember their specific arc leading up to the new ep.
Excellent, I'm sure by the end of MAG someone on tumblr/reddit will construct a satisfying chronological listening order to the statements.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
We're Alive : Goldrush episode 1 was released yesterday. It was a good episode to begin the 10 part series.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I've lost the thread on a lot of the plot around the Magnus Archives, the last couple episodes have been fantastic.