• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
With the upcoming Worldcup in Russia that's just too good to pass up. I just grabbed it for around 17euros (used my coins).
The free worldcup update will come on 29th of may.

We will use the game as filler between the real games.

ps: For Ronaldo's approvement visit the news feed or eshop on your switch and watch the video

sorry and lock if old

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How much does this translate to in USD (or better, CAD)? May switch my eShop region to grab this if it is cheap enough.

Oct 29, 2017
FIFA 18(+free WC update)
How did this slip by my great eyesight

GXDnXns.gif

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
question, can you buy games from the EU eshop if your eshop credit is in dollars? how is the exchange handled?

OP
OP
iamaustrian

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Any news about this available in Canada / US

Sorry no but I would wait another few days. Maybe it will come in US/canada too and if not, you can always grab it from the EU store.

question, can you buy games from the EU eshop if your eshop credit is in dollars? how is the exchange handled?

I have no idea if that works. Anyone else can help?

Free bathroom upgrade?

well, kinda yes. If you think of it

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice. Recommended? Is it good?

I'm a little hesitant because there are a few modes absent in the Switch version. Also I see that the other versions are getting similar discounts in places like Amazon. Depends on how much you want to just play a football game on the Switch and not worry about the single player stuff.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I'm a little hesitant because there are a few modes absent in the Switch version. Also I see that the other versions are getting similar discounts in places like Amazon. Depends on how much you want to just play a football game on the Switch and not worry about the single player stuff.
Single player stuff..? And people above saying it doesn't have online multiplayer...

So what DOES this game have? Lol

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to make a Russian (heh) account to grab that, since the American eshop can't be bothered to give a crap about the World Cup, went surprisingly smooth (had to use google's translation app a few times).
I was gonna skip this game but I've been hyping myself up for the WC.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Could have saved the translations and made a UK account :)
True but I wanted to get in the mood and all that. To be honest when the first screen in Cyrillic came up I almost regreted it (joke's on me) but then remembered google's app. In the end it was a fun process, probably never doing it again though.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a while since I swapped account regions, will changing regions from UK to Russian have any major effects on my account, beyond erasing any money on there? It mentions removing the link between the account and my NNID, but how about any just for you offers that I spent platinum coins on?

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Have there been any notable patches to this over the lifecycle of the game?

The review I just watched basically implied that the keepers are totally useless against any shot from range.

I'm tempted by this cut price version as I'm not an online player, but I'm just a bit wary of a few of the other holes.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Suitably impressed by this game. Plays a lot better than I expected and even on the tablet it looks great. Feels a bit weird nevertheless having grown up playing FIFA with an Xbox gamepad lol. Shame the Journey isn't in this version but I may just buy one of the other versions for like £5 when 19 comes out just to check it out.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This game is awesome and I've sunk many hours on it, but the lack of online play between friends sucks hard! Now I cannot show my mad skills that got me into its online top 100 (and often top 20).

When FIFA 19 releases with friendly seasons online I'll suck at it.

Sir Chimpanzi

Nov 1, 2017
How does it compare to other versions of the game?
I would say it compares to them fairly well. The graphics and the animation are fine, the gameplay reminds me of the earlier engine used for FIFA games (Ignite) and it does have pretty much all the necessary game modes – at least for single player. If you are into football games I highly recommend this especially for the discounted price. It plays surprisingly well even in handheld mode, though control precision suffers a bit when played handheld.

Coríu

Feb 27, 2018
Asturies
Hey guys, can you edit teams/players for offline play in this version of FIFA? I'd like to manually update the rosters during the summer as transfers get confirmed. I used to do it as a kid when I played a lot of football games, but it's been a long time, so I don't know if they still include this feature.