• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo France has disclosed a lot of information about Switch's excellent launch. In the software front, a lot of 3rd party titles have been successful (M+R, Rayman, Just Dance etc) and especially FIFA 18 which sold 73k units without digital sales. Nintendo France's president talked about that in an interview :

FIFA 18 d'Electronic Arts a fait 73 000 unités (sans le digital) L'éditeur est très satisfait. Ubisoft a également de très bons résultats avec Mario+ Lapins Crétins mais aussi avec Rayman Legend et Just Dance qui font l'un et l'autre plus de 50 000 unités). Super Bomberman de Konami a été en rupture pendant trois semaines. Tous les éditeurs tiers qui ont joué le jeu sont satisfaits de leur année. Et il va y avoir de nouvelles annonces sur Switch. Fifa était pour eux un test-match. Ce qui est intéressant pour eux, c'est que nous allons entrer dans la phase d'accélération des ventes de la console en fonction du cycle de vie. Fifa l'année de la coupe du monde, en portabilité sur Switch, on peut imaginer qu'ils pourront sans problème doubler la mise.

- EA is very satisfied of FIFA's sales.
It is expected for the game to sell twice this amount without troubles thanks to the WC.

- It was a "test match" for the Switch, and the test is passed.

- New announcements are coming.

- More generally, every 3rd party publishers that made a serious effort on Switch are satisfied.

Source : https://www.lesnumeriques.com/loisi...da-l-incroyable-come-back-nintendo-a3491.html

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
That's good news, I did end up enjoying Fifa 18 on Switch, glad to see that we'll get Fifa 19 with further improvements.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Bring NBA Jam and Burnout to Switch.

Thanks.
This is a separate news, even if it was brought up in that thread.
People were doubting Fifa performance on Switch for the longest because of the UK charts....after Japan this is the second confirmation that the Switch version is actually selling rather nicely and meeting expectations.
See, UK isn't an accurate description of Europe.
lol

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
EA to bring amazing new features to Fifa 19 on Switch, including online play with friends

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
It is interesting and promising to see that despite being the leader of this generation, the 3rd party ratio of the 3DS was 11%. The Switch is at 26% with a moderate support.

I think that next year will be very interesting in that regard.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
FIFA is also selling really well in Japan going by public data.

Point is, sales must be low in absolute terms but the last FIFA games on a Nintendo hardware sold really abysmal numbers so it surely is an improvement. More surprising, given how much other software is selling.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It is interesting and promising to see that despite being the leader of this generation, the 3rd party ratio of the 3DS was 11%. The Switch is at 26% with a moderate support.

It's funny how Sony always talk about the 80:20 ratio for third party to first party. For Nintendo it's the other way around, haha.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Yeah, definitely, although I think M+R somewhat raises that number while still being Nintendo IP. Still, it's definitely better than 3DS.

Thanks for making the thread btw!

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully EA is already in work porting their engine to Switch and setting FIFA 19's tech baseline for the portable Switch version. I think sales will explode if people know they get the absolute proper FIFA.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, well this well and truly contradicts the claims that this was a token effort that bombed with sub 300k WW sales and would lead to a complete abandonment of the system by EA. Based off of solely one week's sales in one country no less.

Let's be happy those people were, of course, talking nonsense and not for the first time eh?

UnNamed

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Impossibru! Someone said it was a flop according to the UK market, so it was all over the world.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

3DS didnt have much 3rdParty support since most big games couldnt even run on the device and there was no engine support. The fact that it took so many years to get Minecraft on 3DS - as a n3DS exclusive says it all.

The system had the installed base - but lacked compability with pretty much every modern game.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, well this well and truly contradicts the claims that this was a token effort that bombed with sub 300k WW sales and would lead to a complete abandonment of the system by EA. Based off of solely one week's sales in one country no less.

Let's be happy those people were, of course, talking nonsense and not for the first time eh?
I myself like deciding the future third party sales on a Nintendo platform based on how a game does in a week in UK.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Its performing well in the UK as well I believe. It didnt drop off and is showing legs in pretty much every market. The initial sales were low compared to other platforms but that should have been expected.

did EA ever make a statement regarding FIFA18 in the UK??

I feel like we forum users sometimes love to jump to conclusions based on the silliest of infos, like amazon placements, perceived stock in random stores, etc.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That seems like such a small number for a country like France though. Especially considering this is FIFA.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Hopefully FIFA 19 will actually match the other versions except for the story mode. That it didn't in the end was the biggest problem this game had.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully FIFA 19 will actually match the other versions except for the story mode. That it didn't in the end was the biggest problem this game had.
As much as I wanted to buy FIFA 18 for Switch, it was impossible to convince my bro due to lacking that silly story mode. If we get feature parity I think I can win... and our family save money by cancelling our PS+ sub.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

Lack of physical stock during release on several european countries was also a problem, I think. I can imagine some people going to buy Fifa 18 on Switch and after finding no stock buying it on PS4.

It likely has a >10% attach-rate which is pretty good for what the game is and how it was (not) advertised.

It was strongly advertised by Nintendo. I mean, it receive almost the same treatment as Nintendo first parties. I don't think EA can complain on that regard.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That seems like such a small number for a country like France though. Especially considering this is FIFA.

It has a 10% attach ratio with digital included surely. If it sticks around that mark WW you're looking at 1 million sales easily LTD, with a bit of a drop off for weaker markets taken into account.

That's significant numbers and easy to see why EA are satisfied.

EDIT: beaten.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
did EA ever make a statement regarding FIFA18 in the UK??

I feel like we forum users sometimes love to jump to conclusions based on the silliest of infos, like amazon placements, perceived stock in random stores, etc.

Not that Im aware of. Still, we can still maken educated predictions based on the data we have. The weekly sales breakdown of FIFA did show that the Switch version was having legs. Its also entering (when in stock) and leaving (when out of stock) the amazon uk charts regularly. It charted rather well on the eshop as well and recently even returned to the top 15. I think its fair to say it is showing legs in the UK.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
as long as EA is satisfied. I guess they are going to keep the same engine going without improvements?

At least add some features

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Lack of physical stock during release on several european countries was also a problem, I think. I can imagine some people going to buy Fifa 18 on Switch and after finding no stock buying it on PS4.

It was strongly advertised by Nintendo. I mean, it receive almost the same treatment as Nintendo first parties. I don't think EA can complain on that regard.

Oh yeah Nintendo did a good job. I was more refering to the fact that there was no demo, no reviews of the games at launch, and that retailers didn't put the Switch version with the PS4/X1 versions when they were promoting the game in store.