• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017

Video here:

A little summary of what's presented:
  • Better graphics
  • A lot of new animations
  • Champions League and Europa League
  • The new Kick-Off including the new Survival mode are in this version too
  • Playing online with friends is now possible.
Edit: and the one recorded by CaVaYeRo:

Here's my own gameplay from Gamescom:

https://www.gamereactor.es/mira-el-primer-gameplay-de-fifa-19-para-switch/

Direct-feed, TV mode (docked), 1080p60. Juve vs Ajax at the brand-new Estadio de la Cerámica (Villarreal).

Looks much better than last year indeed.

Last edited:

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
PS4 Pro ads lol
Zzm2aHZ.jpg

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Not got time to watch right now, any chance of a summary? Have they improved career mode? Are the extra Ultimate Team things like Squad Battles in this one?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Is it me, or do the animations look quite a bit better than in 18?

EDIT: ok they mention this specifically

Oct 27, 2017
"lol it's fifa" is even more worthless and stupid than usual in this case as the Switch version has by far the most upward potential year on year, if EA can be bothered to support it properly. It's the only version of the game that I think many are genuinely curious to see how much better - if at all - it is one year to the next without just assuming they know what's coming.

Difficult to tell on that video. Bits of it look substantially better, particularly some of the animations and stadium effects. My main issue with FIFA 18 on Switch is that it had this really "floaty" feel to it. I hope they've got this one at least a bit closer to the others.

Oct 25, 2017
"lol it's fifa" is even more worthless and stupid than usual in this case as the Switch version has by far the most upward potential year on year, if EA can be bothered to support it properly. It's the only version of the game that I think many are genuinely curious to see how much better - if at all - it is one year to the next without just assuming they know what's coming.

Difficult to tell on that video. Bits of it look substantially better, particularly some of the animations and stadium effects. My main issue with FIFA 18 on Switch is that it had this really "floaty" feel to it. I hope they've got this one at least a bit closer to the others.
That is my issue with FIFA on switch. Feels like EA puts no effort into it compared to other versions.

Oct 27, 2017
That is my issue with FIFA on switch. Feels like EA puts no effort into it compared to other versions.

Well this is only their second crack at it, and we don't know yet how good that is. And frankly that we're getting another one at all is more effort than people predicted this time last year.

There are signs that they've put quite a bit of effort in with some of the visual stuff. It seems to have more feature parity as well. As I say I'd really like to know how 18 and 19 compare gameplay wise. I guess we might not know the answer to that until launch day.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
They're using an old image of Ronaldo, he's not even in a Juventus shirt. Oh Nintendo!

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

Except this time they did.

When EA does something right, it should be mentionned. Game is getting the new modes, it was not the case last year + a rework of graphics and gameplay.

If they release the demo, then they would have made a good effort on this version.

Oct 25, 2017
Well this is only their second crack at it, and we don't know yet how good that is. And frankly that we're getting another one at all is more effort than people predicted this time last year.

There are signs that they've put quite a bit of effort in with some of the visual stuff. It seems to have more feature parity as well. As I say I'd really like to know how 18 and 19 compare gameplay wise. I guess we might not know the answer to that until launch day.

Except this time they did.

When EA does something right, it should be mentionned. Game is getting the new modes, it was not the case last year + a rework of graphics and gameplay.

If they release the demo, then they would have made a good effort on this version.

Well hopefully this version turns out good then. Would be nice to have a full on portable version

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I hope they're able to maintain those quick load times with the upgrade. That's crucial for portable gaming, imo, and it made it a breeze and a lot of fun to go through the skills challenges and upgrade players in the career mode.

Oct 29, 2017
Genuinely surprised that they haven't just fobbed Switch owners off with a Legacy Edition!

Probably will still have a catch, EA games always do...