• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Evert ten Napel, a Dutch football commentator who has been delivering commentary for the FIFA games for many many years now, has said during the finals of a Dutch FIFA eSports tournament on television that the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League will be added in FIFA 19.

Citation in Dutch:
"Ik zit samen met Youri Mulder in de studio in Utrecht zo'n zes, zeven dagen per jaar nieuwe updates te maken. Ook voor 2019 wordt het spel weer nog mooier, omdat de UEFA Champions League en UEFA Europa League erbij zijn gekomen. Ik ben al bijna klaar met de versie van 2019 en die gaat dan naar het testcenter. Die wordt nog eens door heel goede spelers nagekeken en dan gaat ie in oktober weer de winkel in. Dan staan al die gekken weer vanaf 12 uur 's nachts in de rij."

Translation in English:
"For about six or seven days a year, I record updated lines [for the game] in the studio in Utrecht with Youri Mulder [another commentator]. In 2019 as well, the game will get even better, because they've added the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. I'm almost finished with the 2019 version, which will then go to the test center. [In the test center] some very good players will check everything and after that, it will go to the stores in October. And then all those weirdos will be standing in line again at midnight."

Video fragment in Dutch:

Source article

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Basically no one is touching FIFA for the next 5 years or so. The opportunity to add CL cards and weekly matchups will be great for their business.

Carl2291

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good.

Gimme that CL theme at the John Smith's Stadium, right before Huddersfield make it there in real for the 19/20 season.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the PES demo better than FIFA last year so it's the first time I ever bought PES. I liked having Champions League in it, I'm a Liverpool fan so that worked out perfect. I did all the kit/name patches etc. But maybe it was due to years of playing FIFA, but so much about PES felt off. Controls, goalie AI, opponent defense, my own ability to play defense. In the end I won my league and champions league in my first season, but I didn't have as much fun as I normally do playing FIFA.

Point is, I'm glad FIFA is getting Champions League because I won't ever buy PES again.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i'm shocked!
*pretends to be shocked*

PES better add some bazookas and stealth action for their new game

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wow. Not sure there is any point in another PES being made now. FIFA already had it sewn up.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't really matter to me as only played Fifa for Pro clubs anyway, PES is still the better football game but losing the license of the CL will hurt it alot as it did add alot of immersion and realism too the master league mode. EA with total monopoly now. Sony should reboot This Is Football as it's a sad state of affairs when for the last 10+ years all we have a choice of is FIFA/PES.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Definitely not a fan of sports games having no competition amongst eachother.

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
RIP Pro Evo :(

Man, like, I'm excited about FIFA 19 (assuming they'll make a Switch version) but also sad that PES will never regain traction again

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
PES19 will still have the best gameplay.
Modders will add every license within a week.

If only they would improve the Master League...

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
200.gif

I'm so weak. I told myself i would never buy Fifa 19 after the disappointing Fifa 18, but here we are again. I do this every year. Champions League = Day 1.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Cool. I buy FIFA every other year, and this is my FIFA year. Glad we get real CL, rather the fake 'Champions Cup'. Will even get the epic CL anthem!

Die Meister
Die Besten
Les grandes équipes
The champions

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Oh my gawd. Expected after the PES news but man can't wait for that anthem. Gonna play the shit outta this mode, tournaments always felt so bland in FIFA.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is amazing, and about time too!

I've not played a fifa game for years but is the manager mode/league mode integrating with this so you can play every season and qualify etc?

May tempt me to pick up the game, especially as Salah will be 99.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Ever since there's basically no competition for Fifa and NBA 2k, both series have gone down the shitter.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Last week I would have said shame but since Konami can't even release PES 2019 on the Switch it might even be better that people will be able to play Champions League in FIFA.