• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Geobros

Dec 31, 2018
'FIFA 20' scores a hattrick of weeks at No1, remaining leagues ahead of 'Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint' which is a non-mover at No2. The highest new entry this week comes from Codemasters with 'Grid' debuting at No5.

There are also debuts at No31 for 'Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair' and at No35 for PSVR compatible title 'Concrete Genie'.

Update by GI: The highest charting new title this week is Grid from Codemasters, which make its debut at No.5. 61% of the game's launch sales came on PS4. Next on the list was Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, from Team17 and Playtonicm, which comes in at No.31. 56% of sales came on Nintendo Switch, with 30% on PS4 and the rest coming on Xbox One.

Last edited:

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Impresive for a game I have heard is pretty broken. Have they fixed the career issues at this point?

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Not that I'm aware of, nope.

UK consumers continue to disappoint me (yes I know how popular football is here and how it's the only real option to play a football game).
Not even from the UK but you'll never convince me to not engage in new Fifa unless some wild random game comes out to disrupt it.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Mario Kart at number 3 lol

It already sold better in 2018 than in 2017. I wouldn't be surprised if 2019 is its best year yet.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Concrete Genie at 35? Phenomenal result. Sony nailed that marketing.
giphy.gif

It does make you wonder why they invested all the time and effort in the game, just to let it fall so flat on release. It's had lots of expo outings, had glowing hands-on previews, lots of discussion. But then in the weeks leading up to its release, it's almost like they forgot all about it. Probably launched at the wrong time of year too tbh. Even worse when you consider that's a units chart and the game is easily found at less than £25.00. Can't blame Game Pass for this one either.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hope YL sold well digitally. Was hoping for better.

CG is sadly 100% expected.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
All that money and they'll do nothing about their shitty servers. This weekend league had atrocious input delay and speed up lag.

I'm part of the problem. But the PES Ultimate Team is a barren wasteland in comparison.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Yeah, same with Concrete Genie. UK consumers want broken, MTX-ridden football games and generic, buggy open world shooters instead. If it has good marketing it will sell in the UK, regardless of quality.
As if the US charts are much different. Even the latest French chart looks the same, with FIFA, MK8D and Ghost Recon (even the Xbox version) charting in the top 5.

You're not going to see Yooka or CG lighting up the NPD charts either I'm afraid. Even Control couldn't break in to the NPD Top 20.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just glad to see PES is still charting. Pretty sure it was out of the charts a couple of weeks after launch last year.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
CG did great considering the time of year, marketing and demographics of the PS4 userbase. Also digital ratios go up every year and for a small game like this digital would be preferable. Actually pretty surprised it even reached 35th in the chart.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
CG did great considering the time of year, marketing and demographics of the PS4 userbase. Also digital ratios go up every year and for a small game like this digital would be preferable. Actually pretty surprised it even reached 35th in the chart.
Okay now I can't even detect whether it is sarcasm or not

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there's no way to call #35 for a game's first week "great", no matter the circumstances.
unless i'm missing sarcasm?

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Everyone in this thread trying to make me feel bad about fifa being my go to online guilty pleasure!

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay feels so broken right now. I've stopped playing FUT and only load the game when my friends are online to play Pro Clubs. Worst FIFA I have played, to my memory.

EA are just lucky the competition is not up to scratch.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
why are you people never this surprised when madden ranks well on US charts when its the same freaking thing

people like sports. people buy a lot of sports game, minor changes notwithstanding. the biggest change for most people is just updated rosters which they get

Oct 26, 2017
why are you people never this surprised when madden ranks well on US charts when its the same freaking thing

people like sports. people buy a lot of sports game, minor changes notwithstanding. the biggest change for most people is just updated rosters which they get

This.

It's funny to see people pissed because FIFA sells, like what do you want people to do if they love football? It's the same thing that happens every year in the USA as well with NBA 2K and Madden.