• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ScampyDamp

Banned
May 8, 2020
Maybe a stupid question but I was looking to grab either a Fifa or a PES as I enjoyed them way back in the PS2 era, is it ok getting like a Fifa 18 or an older PES or would those be way too outdated?

Goron2000

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe a stupid question but I was looking to grab either a Fifa or a PES as I enjoyed them way back in the PS2 era, is it ok getting like a Fifa 18 or an older PES or would those be way too outdated?
Assuming you don't have any need for up to date squads or playing online, any should be fine. I'd actually recommend getting FIFA 17 with The Journey, it's a decent story mode.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Is the copy paste meme true?
Which on is that? For the Switch version you mean? If so, then yeah. The Switch version of Fifa 20 is pretty much the same game as Fifa 19, only with an updated player base/rooster (maybe theres some smaller bug fixes and tweaks as well, but i dont know for sure). This is not something new however. I think this idea with a rooster only update started with the later PS2 versions. I know for sure that the later Vita versions got it. These releases are also labeled with "Legacy Edition". On the back of Fifa 14 for the Vita for example, it says "updated kits and roosters only".

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019

Should be fine, there are still bugs from FIFA 17 in this year's game I'm sure.

only version of fifa 20 worth playing is the pc version. simply due to how flexible / open it is. you can mod it to your hearts content. all those players missing faces? don't worry modders got you. all those faces ea fubared? don't worry modders got you. wan't more boots? there's bootpacks avaliable that adds 40+ pairs (same for balls) not to mention kits both new and throwback.

oh and did i mention you can play with icons offline on pc, due to modified squadfiles.

pc master race for fifa 20.

Just in case anyone is thinking of getting the PC version, I wouldn't play Ultimate Team with it. There are hackers all over the place and the market is significantly higher because of the small amount of players.

PS: PC Master Race is a stupid fucking phrase and I wish it would just go away.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
This season's games turned out disappointing, they were looking promising prior to launch but both dropped the ball hard.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017

btw there's a f2p version of PES.
I'm just saying cause maybe you just wanna try it first to see if you still enjoy them and maybe Pes 2020 Lite would be enough for you.