• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have been playing fifa as part of origin access premier and I have an i7 7700k and a 1080ti with 32gb DDR4 ram and it runs fine except for two things

Seems to drop frames or something (it's hard to tell but it's deffo not right) and also sometimes it will crash and give me a dx12 error. I switch to dx11 and it's fine except for the first issue.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I had the same issue in the FIFA 19 demo with a 8600k and a GTX 1070 and haven't found a fix. FIFA 18 runs fine funnily enough.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, runs okay for me, do the frames drop at specific instances? They do for me during celebrations etc showing the crowd but gsync smooths it out

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, runs okay for me, do the frames drop at specific instances? They do for me during celebrations etc showing the crowd but gsync smooths it out

Yeah it's usually when running horizontal and the camera pans. I'll try and record it.

For me it happens during normal gameplay, the fps just fluctuate between 50-60fps constantly. If I remove the FPS cap / V-sync I get anywhere between 300-500fps with microstutter galore.

smuguire

Oct 27, 2017
I have been playing fifa as part of origin access premier and I have an i7 7700k and a 1080ti with 32gb DDR4 ram and it runs fine except for two things

Seems to drop frames or something (it's hard to tell but it's deffo not right) and also sometimes it will crash and give me a dx12 error. I switch to dx11 and it's fine except for the first issue.

Can't speak to FIFA but I have pretty much the same PC as you and I had the same issue with Madden when it came out. I couldn't believe how "framey" it looked and was pretty disappointed with it.

They later put out a patch that fixed it and it worked great... I think it had to do with framerates over 60 causing issues

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In my experience with the demo it ignored any Nvidia Inspector V-sync o.o
Is there a fundamental difference between using Nvidia inspector and just doing it through the Nvidia Control Panel? I'm not too tech savvy but I remember the latter working for me (I don't have FIFA 19 tho) or else the menus would run at like 1000 fps according to RivaTuner.

OP
OP
Norwegian_Imposter

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't speak to FIFA but I have pretty much the same PC as you and I had the same issue with Madden when it came out. I couldn't believe how "framey" it looked and was pretty disappointed with it.

They later put out a patch that fixed it and it worked great... I think it had to do with framerates over 60 causing issues
I made it unlocked and it works better now the character animations are framey though

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
hmm, I'm on a Ryzen 1600X and 1080 and running great, locked at 60fps,

my only problem is PS4 controllers are not suported

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a fundamental difference between using Nvidia inspector and just doing it through the Nvidia Control Panel? I'm not too tech savvy but I remember the latter working for me (I don't have FIFA 19 tho) or else the menus would run at like 1000 fps according to RivaTuner.

There is no difference at all, both the Nvidia Control Panel and Inspector modify the same driver profiles, Inspector just exposes all settings and options while the Control Panel only lists common options. FIFA 17 and FIFA 18 worked fine that way for me too just FIFA 19 behaves like that.

hmm, I'm on a Ryzen 1600X and 1080 and running great, locked at 60fps,

my only problem is PS4 controllers are not suported

Install GloSC and run FIFA through Steam.

Yopis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Coast
Same issue here on 1080 7700hk.

Only when I turn to unlimited framerate.

When capping at 60 seems okay. Leaving frames on the table want to run 144htz

GameZone

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Norway
The game isn't released to the public yet. Last time I checked Nvidia Experience didn't locate the game. I guess we should expect some better drivers soon.

Also, DX12 always sucks on my GTX 1070.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
The game isn't released to the public yet. Last time I checked Nvidia Experience didn't locate the game. I guess we should expect some better drivers soon.

Also, DX12 always sucks on my GTX 1070.

As it stands DX12 is almost always the worse choice aside from a few exceptions, these being you are heavily CPU limited or it's a Microsoft game where you don't have a choice anyway.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
If you start a game by searching via mouse click you are locked out of using your controller until the game is over. That has to be a bug right? Lots of people on PC will surely use the mouse for menus and the controller for the game?

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Suggestion: Set it to DX11, record frame-timings with FRAPS into a CSV-file and use FRAFS Bench Viewer to get a frame time graph out of the CSV-file.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There is no difference at all, both the Nvidia Control Panel and Inspector modify the same driver profiles, Inspector just exposes all settings and options while the Control Panel only lists common options. FIFA 17 and FIFA 18 worked fine that way for me too just FIFA 19 behaves like that.

Install GloSC and run FIFA through Steam.

True, but I also have a Xbox One controller, been using that instead