• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Man I love that our Scottish women's first ever world cup game is against England. So up for this. Come on Scotland!

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Top 10 names are pretty safe, the full top 25 in the article is more interesting

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Aye, best of luck, obviously not too much but should be a great game. Nice to see you guys in a finals.
Can't see us getting a result but reckon we will give you a great game. Kim Little, Caroline Weir, Erin Cuthbert all in great form. When you are scoring goals like this in the warmups the confidence has to be there right?

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
I think they definitely have a solid shot at winning the whole thing.

Could happen, but will definitely be a very different tournament from the Euros... and there's some concern about the Dutch defense. But they'll score some goals, I'm pretty confident on that

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of annoying that there's a full round of men's Euro qualifiers tonight and tomorrow, plus a couple of Nations League games.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
Man I love that our Scottish women's first ever world cup game is against England. So up for this. Come on Scotland!
Didn't go well last time they faced each other in their first game of an international competition (Euro 2017, they lost 6-0). Hopefully goes better this time !

Kind of annoying that there's a full round of men's Euro qualifiers tonight and tomorrow, plus a couple of Nations League games.
+ Copa America, Gold Cup and AfCON starting in June as well. The worst is the Copa America final happening literally at the same time as the WWC final...

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
It's game day! First match of the tournament.

France — Korea Republic
21.00 Local time

Win probability:

FiveThirtyEight:
France: 69%
Korea: 11%
Draw: 20%

Google:
France 81%
Korea: 6%
Draw: 13%

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France

A bit weird to not start Gauvin upfront. Apparently she was late to training so this is a sanction. I don't particularly like her style so not too bummed but this isn't the time to experiment imo...

Anyway, I can't wait for it to start and actually go to some matches ! Allez les bleues !

tenor.gif

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Opening ceremonies for football championships.. it's the punishment we deserve

Joe_Bush

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
Korea really only has the one scoring threat in So-Yun and it seems like they're having a tough time reliably getting past the halfway line there

W1SSY

Oct 28, 2017
For someone that only really watches soccer during the world cup, I can already tell VAR is going to be a nightmare.