• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
hm, what the eff?

every keeper leans out.
At least she had one heel basically on the line compared to others

don't agree with that call personally.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you kidding me??? Are you freaking kidding me??? This is some bullshit. What kind of nonsense refereeing is this?

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
This is ruining football, what a load of absolute rubbish!

The french players encroached on the retaken penalty, did that go to var? No

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the second time in this tournament that this shit has happened. Was it against another african team? Also fuck that bitch ass commentator.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so pissed. VAR is absolutely unneeded for that stuff. Not to mention the penalty call was suspect as well. All this will do is make defenders afraid of ever making a play in the box.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
taking off Ordega their best player?
don't get it.

If it's for "defense" to keep the score 1-0 and not make it worse, then oshaola should go off, which I see she did.
Ordega and 20 had kept majri in check

This is ruining football, what a load of absolute rubbish!

The french players encroached on the retaken penalty, did that go to var? No
wait did they?

I wasn't watching for it since I was looking for encroachment by the GK.

If they encroached....

Daverytimes

Oct 25, 2017
This is the second time in this tournament that this shit has happened. Was it against another african team? Also fuck that bitch ass commentator.

It's always Africans, the fucking commentators are always against us the referees too. That was not a penalty, then you get them to retake it? Isn't that shit something?

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Remember when the Cannibal prevented a clear goal for Ghana and then Ghana missed the penalty shot? What is the opposite of lucky breaks?

I was watching a show about previous World Cups once and there was a bit on the Cameroon - England quarterfinal in 1990. Cameroon was up 2-1 but England was awarded 2 penalty kicks late and won 3-2. The England players they interviewed were pretty much like "whew, thanks refs"

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Full collapse for Norway against a Korea that looked a lot better with a partly new team on the pitch. Really bad stuff. And I hope Caro's not out. That's a disaster. But hey, we're through as #2

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
so...teams currently in third

China 4 pts, 3 games played, 0 GD
Nigeria 3 pts, 3 games played, -1 GD
Austrailia 3 pts, 2 games played, 0 GD
Argentina 1 pt, 2 games played, -1 GD
Cameroon, 0 pt, 2 games plated, -3 GD
Chile, 0 pt, 2 games played, -5 GD

New Zeland is in 4th with 0 pt, 2 games played, -3 GD. Same group as Cameroon.

4 teams advance.

We can pencil in China, Australia imo.

New Zealand vs Cameroon. One team has to win by 2 goals to overtake Nigeria.
Chile plays Thailand (who's essentially out)
Chile has to beat Thailand by 4 goals to overtake Nigeria
(The next tiebreaker is goals scored right?)

hm
Nigeria should advance looking at it.

not for sure tho

Ganzlinger

Oct 27, 2017
so...teams currently in third

China 4 pts, 3 games played, 0 GD
Nigeria 3 pts, 3 games played, -1 GD
Austrailia 3 pts, 2 games played, 0 GD
Argentina 1 pt, 2 games played, -1 GD
Cameroon, 0 pt, 2 games plated, -3 GD
Chile, 0 pt, 2 games played, -5 GD

New Zeland is in 4th with 0 pt, 2 games played, -3 GD. Same group as Cameroon.

4 teams advance.

We can pencil in China, Australia imo.

New Zealand vs Cameroon. One team has to win by 2 goals to overtake Nigeria.
Chile plays Thailand (who's essentially out)
Chile has to beat Thailand by 4 goals to overtake Nigeria
(The next tiebreaker is goals scored right?)

hm
Nigeria should advance looking at it.

not for sure tho
Australia is probably advancing as first or second. They play against Jamaica. Brazil has the same three points and will face Italy. Brazil will likely be the third place of this group unless they make 3-0 against Italy or if Australia struggles to beat Jamaica.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
The goal keeper rules for staying on the line have been modified, FIFA is going to be able to enforce properly now, that they have VAR review. Also this rule change came in effectively on June 1.

It's going to be harder for goal keepers than ever..but it's a new rule for better or for worse:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48382254

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Australia is probably advancing as first or second. They play against Jamaica. Brazil has the same three points and will face Italy. Brazil will likely be the third place of this group unless they make 3-0 against Italy or if Australia struggles to beat Jamaica.
oh for sure.
I just meant more that somone from group C is definitely advancing, whoever it is. So Nigeria fans shouldn't even look at it.

I didn't know scotland played argentina.
Just winning 1-0 would put them above Nigeria is the next tie breaker is Goals Forced.

That would leave Cameroon, NZ, Nigeria, Chile.

Didn't realize how many teams would make Knockouts. Almost half of all 3rd place teams will advance
almost half the 3rd and 4th place teams you mean?

4/6 3rd place teams advance so that's 66%