• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
VRUJnml.jpg

FIFA-Womens-World-Cup-2019-France-Venues.jpg

Opening match:

Reigning champions: USA

womens-world-cup-japan-uswnt-gallery-13.jpg

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready for the Men WC and Women WC double.

Allez les bleues!

Last edited:

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Hell yes, my workplace will be showing all the matches and it'll be a great time!

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I remember the last women world cup. Friends were like meh why should we watch it. Turned out to be freaking awesome matches.

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Certain teams I'm extra curious about.. one of them is Spain. I've fallen in love with Barcelona and Spanish club football is on its way up up, but consensus seems to be the national team is not quite there yet. But there are a ton of Barcelona players on the team so I'm hopeful. Could meet US in an early knock-out match tho.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Can't wait. Need some good soccer to watch after the absolute dumpster fire of a champions league final.

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Feels like there are pretty big question marks by all the regular big dogs... Meanwhile other countries have improved by leaps and bounds. A lot of potential finalists.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to ESPN, I missed out on almost everything, looks like FOX is at least not doing that.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready for round two of this:

YizXL89.jpg[img]

Alex, Mal, Rose, and Becky will lead us back to the promised land. And if they can't, then go France! Allez Les Bleues!

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
Hadn't seen this thread. I'll be going to like 8 matches, all those in Rennes + a quarter final in Paris that has good chances of being USA-France so I'm super stoked. Well, if FIFA sorts out my ticketing problems lol.
Hoping for a good tournament from my Bleues and for someone other than the US to win it. We're having a bit of trouble with injuries to major players (Majri, Le Sommer, Henry and Mbock) so hopefully they'll still be up for it.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Lets see how Brazil does, despite having Marta and playing well we never win anything meaningful. She deserves this title.

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Hadn't seen this thread. I'll be going to like 8 matches, all those in Rennes + a quarter final in Paris that has good chances of being USA-France so I'm super stoked. Well, if FIFA sorts out my ticketing problems lol.

You got the split seats situation that was talked about in news stories?

Lets see how Brazil does, despite having Marta and playing well we never win anything meaningful. She deserves this title.

I feel like the powers that be in Brazil have fumbled away their national team a bit - despite having that world #1 for several years most other countries have developed and progressed more, and now Marta is seeing the end of her career.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
You got the split seats situation that was talked about in news stories?
Thankfully no as that seems messy as hell and FIFA hasn't been reassuring in their ability to fix it. I just don't have the "Print" button on like half of my tickets, so hopefully it's just a bug on the website or something and a quick fix. I've contacted them on Twitter and by email so we'll see.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
This will be Formiga's 7th world cup. First football/soccer player to ever achieve this.
Congrats on the record, and hope she brings the cup home!

D8EbtoEXsAAlbrF.jpg

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Nice wallchart for download, especially if you're a brit

SB Nation: 2019 women's World Cup teams, ranked by how much fun they are to watch

Rather ridiculous details in this piece about Norway and Ada Hegerberg (so many misinformed people writing about this situation recently), and I'm not sure I can agree with them about South Africa, having watched them lose a warm-up match 2-7 yesterday while counter attacking with very fast wingers, but otherwise a fun informal overview over the different styles.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
SB Nation: 2019 women's World Cup teams, ranked by how much fun they are to watch

Rather ridiculous details in this piece about Norway and Ada Hegerberg (so many misinformed people writing about this situation recently), and I'm not sure I can agree with them about South Africa, having watched them lose a warm-up match 2-7 yesterday while counter attacking with very fast wingers, but otherwise a fun informal overview over the different styles.
I find these are a bit weird tbh. I get trying to hype the weaker teams but they're gonna be facing tougher opposition here than in their respective continental competitions. It's easier to play an "entertaining" football against Panama or Mozambique than it is against the likes of even Spain or Canada.

Can I watch any of the matches on Youtube (or any free site)?
Haven't heard of any Youtube channel but it's been picked up by TV channels (free or otherwise) in a lot of different countries.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Only planning on watching the games of the Netherlands, so I'll have to wait until next week tuesdays to tune in. Time for the OranjeLeeuwinnen to put a World Cup next to that European Cup!
ingxwwc_2019fpjqo.png

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Women's football on the rise as data reveals game now has 314m followers and 16m play globally

Around 314 million people globally are interested in women's football, according to the latest report from the United States-based data company Nielsen, with interest as high as 40 per cent of the population in the countries competing in the 2019 Women's World Cup.

Holland, which hosted and won the Women's Euros in 2017, is the most gender-equal nation in terms of interest, with 59 per cent of its inhabitants interested in both men's and women's football.

The report found that 54 per cent of women's football fans around the world are male and 46 per cent are female. This runs contrary to the marketing strategy of the English Football Association, whose head of women's football, Baroness Sue Campbell, has spoken in the past of the organisation's aim to target young girls and families.

Oct 29, 2017
It's coming home!

Poor shows against Denmark and New Zealand but firmly behind the Lionesses, got their beautiful away kit ready and just going to have another good summer of football.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
Man, the sheer incompetence of FIFA in the ticketing department this year. Apparently my tickets have disappeared because they're trying to reallocate some seats for the people that were separated. 3 days to the start of the tournament and I can't download my tickets or check my seat or whatever, and of course I've not received any email to keep me informed about the situation. I've spent literal hours on hold with customer service since yesterday and haven't had any success yet, it's driving me mad.

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Man, the sheer incompetence of FIFA in the ticketing department this year. Apparently my tickets have disappeared because they're trying to reallocate some seats for the people that were separated. 3 days to the start of the tournament and I can't download my tickets or check my seat or whatever, and of course I've not received any email to keep me informed about the situation. I've spent literal hours on hold with customer service since yesterday and haven't had any success yet, it's driving me mad.

That sucks. Unbelievable stuff from FIFA. It's like a lot of people seated in a stadium is a brand new 2019 concept to them.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil winning this would be so important for female football here

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Hope our Dutchies do well

image.jpg

Plus new signing Jill Roord

D6ikWi6W0AAMpDD.jpg

And also Leah and Beth with England.

beth-mead-trophy.jpg

Shame Jordan Nobbs couldn't go due to her injury.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
fcbhippo%3Axtralargesixteentonine

Auf geht's!

After the horrible 2018 World Cup, Germany needs that W.
Our men haven't won anything since 2014, our ladies since 2013.

#5yearsofhurt #6yearsofhurt

Time to end that embarrassing losing streak!

EDIT: Oh, I forgot the ladies won Gold in Rio 2016 nvm

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Miedema is one of the most lethal players on any team, for sure.

If Netherlands can string matches together, with Martens and Miedema and van de Sanden, we'll be entertained.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot the ladies won Gold in Rio 2016 nvm

Germany's won enough ;p

In all seriousness I would like to see a new never-before champion.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
Miedema is one of the most lethal players on any team, for sure.
If Netherlands can string matches together, with Martens and Miedema and van de Sanden, we'll be entertained.
Don't forget Van de Donk, who's used to assisting Miedema at Arsenal. They have so much talent in attacking positions honestly, pretty young too. If they can get the whole team to work together and be more consistent, they could have a really good tournament.

OP
OP
Peru

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
It's the 'soccerbot' again, predicting the group results

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/wo...n-model-picks-which-country-wins-every-group/

Group A
France -550
Norway +500
South Korea +1200
Nigeria +3000

Group B
Germany -500
Spain +425
China +1200
South Africa +6000

Group C
Australia -110