• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Almost every game so far had +5 minutes. Sweden got their 1-0 lead a bit later after that penalty. Sweden lost this game on their own merits by parking the bus with a man advantage and giving away the dumbest foul.

I don't know why people are calling the ref a cheater. The announcer on my TV predicted 5 minutes of stoppage time due to the amount of subs.

The way people expect teams like Sweden, Peru, Costa Rica, etc to play open football and not defensively against FAR MORE talented teams is hilarious.

Shows you who actually knows football and who is just here for hot takes
Peru played offensively in both of their matches. They never parked the bus. Pls don't saddle us with those others. Against Peru it was actually fucking France that parked their own bus to defend a one goal difference.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
The team clearly has a plethory of shortcomings, and five minutes of overtime are a tad much, but that's football! It's hard to blame the team for celebrating the win in the end.

Dec 12, 2017
Now that thread has slowed a bit, that kick was the epitome of clutch and why we love sports.

You can't script moments like this.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
W2Mkimu.gif
I know that feeling. My soul almost left my body when Landon Donovan scored that goal in stoppage time, to keep the US alive. My brain couldn't process the impossible.

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
Finally a victory for Germany. Now I'm optimistic again. 2:0 against South Korea and we are through.

What happens if three teams have six points and 3:3 goals? Mexico will be out because they scored two of three goals against South Korea? And Sweden is before Germany because they got less Yellow cards?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany played pretty predictably and were slow as fuck once sweden countered. Far from perfect and this is a german speaking here.
I said second half. They put so much pressure on Sweden they couldn't even counter anymore lol. The only thing predictable was that they had to be agressive since they had more on the line even with a draw.

Ninman

Oct 27, 2017
The salt is hilarious.
Germany played a lot better, they deserved it, it was not the referee bad calls that got Sweden the lost, it was a bad strategy parking the bus for 60 minutes.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
I

Peru played offensively in both of their matches. They never parked the bus. Pls don't saddle us with those others. Against Peru it was actually fucking France that parked their own bus to defend a one goal difference.

You're right - Peru was a bad example.

But you can't honestly expect Iran to go toe to toe with Spain, or Sweden to go toe to toe with Germany. The gulf in quality is enormous.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
i cant believe people thinkng sweden was robbed.

Germany played way better in the 2nd half and only had 10 players at the end.

Its Swedens fault if they cant defend their point against a 10 player team.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Feel proper dirty saying this is an Englishman, but I want Germany to go through if it gives us a RO16 against Brazil.

Would be off the fuckin' chain.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not in FIFA's interest to have a South American squad as the top winner of the WC. Expecting all Germany matches to be like this for the rest of the cup.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hate that mexico didn't automatically advance due to a tie but at least this will pressure them to bring their A game the next game and keep up the momentum hopefully to round of 16.

xplatformer

Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Same as mexico. They think germany just autowins. In reality they played horribly against mexico and sweden.

SK has a good attack but their defense sucks aside of the keeper so I think germany should win but its not going to be a cakewalk like people say here.

Hey Id love germany to win. Its my country afterall but they dont look good so far. This was a really close game.

Boetang is out that game right?

Son will have an opportunity to get one goal with his pace. I'm not sure how SK stop Germany from putting up 3 goals though.

Korea has good pace (which Sweden didn't) so there should at least be a threat.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
so korea is in right if they win by 2 goals and mexico wins by 2

im still gonna believe even though there is absolutely no reason on earth to believe

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I am Mexican-German

you guys really don't wanna know how I feel about all of this -_-

shit group, can't wait til the last 2 games are over, after that I don't care

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
People saying Germany is terrible have absolutely no clue of what makes a team really terrible, nor know something about football.

They made a wonderful game today. Germany is still the team to be beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.