• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coming Home?

• No

Votes: 191 49.6%
  • No

Votes: 194 50.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
If our current, looser approach to this thread isn't working, we will have to moderate this thread more strictly and come down harder on all banter on all sides.
With respect, I don't think it is working at all.

People are continuously making inflammatory blanket statements (sometimes politically charged) about nations and their peoples without a second thought and I've seen just about enough of it and it feels like I've been begging for mod intervention for the last 2 weeks.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone please update me on the coming home status? Having issues with my phone network and not getting any notifications for the aformentioned status.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
This has been a World Cup full of shocks and surprises

England win a penalty shoot out
Germany out in the groups
Spain knocked out by a terrible Russian team
Belgium taken to the limit by glorious nippon
So many penalties, late goals, own goals
VAR Madness

Even with ALL OF THIS, Mexico still go out in the RO16.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Bigotry towards English folk was pretty unpleasant in last thread. I don't know, but I heard that it's just a game.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
?

The two posts linked were the colonizer bullshit and His Majesty saying cunts
In my defence my post was clearly targeting the Colombian players as it was posted right at the time of possibly the most idiotic challenge in a penalty area I've ever seen.

Unlike some posts which were clearly aimed at the general population, ridiculing teeth and political aspects of the country.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
While I like VAR, I really hope they keep refining it. Maybe if something insane happens this tourney and the ref doesn't bother with VAR, they'll change the rules for later.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather the mods ruled with an iron fist tbh

Their current approach isn't working, at all.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Looser moderation isn't working. It's turning more into 4chan because people on the internet can't be trusted to be civil.

SymbiantXenos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This has been a World Cup full of shocks and surprises

England win a penalty shoot out
Germany out in the groups
Spain knocked out by a terrible Russian team
Belgium taken to the limit by glorious nippon
So many penalties, late goals, own goals
VAR Madness

Even with ALL OF THIS, Mexico still go out in the RO16.

Some things always stay the same

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

hes perfect for scorpion

5OWhiUd.gif

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why did the draw have to open up like this. anything short of the final will feel like a dissapointment whereas before the tournament I'd have just been happy getting out the group

adrem007

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Looser approach is awesome, letthemfight.jpg

It's not like there is going to be any actual interesting discussion anyway

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil only has a chance in the semis (if it wins against belgium) if its not against france.

if its france i dont have much hope, its always the same opera, brazil will play like bunch of losers.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
With respect, I don't think it is working at all.

People are continuously making inflammatory blanket statements (sometimes politically charged) about nations and their peoples without a second thought and I've seen just about enough of it and it feels like I've been begging for mod intervention for the last 2 weeks.

This is exactly why we made the modpost. Everyone has now been fairly warned.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
For those not in the UK or even just want to see it anyway even if you are, this was how Gary Lineker kicked off the BBC's highlights program tonight. Brilliant.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please update me on the coming home status? Having issues with my phone network and not getting any notifications for the aformentioned status.
It keeps loading on "it'" and then crashes before it finishes. I don't think England itself can handle this, and we gave ourselves such warnings for weeks now.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
From the past thread:

There are other ex-colonial powers in the world cup, and others who were the source of Empires that lasted centuries. So that's a poor excuse to justify extreme hatred.

I didn't say it was a valid reason, I was taking the piss out of people saying it seriously. Should have added a little /s at the end to make it obvious.

Hagi just wanted to say sorry friend I took your post out of context because the thread was moving so fast !

Really sorry friend :)

It's fine mate don't worry about it ;)

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Pub was nuts, people running around banging tables with their tops off and roaring like a pride of THREE LIONS when England won.

I was just jamming with my chicken and chips. 3 quid for a solid platter. Fair play, England, fair play.

LeBigMac

Oct 26, 2017
Regardless of what happens in the next games, this has go down as a good tournament for us. Getting into the quarters AND breaking the penalties curse is progress. Harry Kane banging them in for fun is just the icing on the cake (along with the ridiculous salt from some people in these threads).

Status
Not open for further replies.