• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coming Home?

• No

Votes: 191 49.6%
  • No

Votes: 194 50.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I gotta say, if footy-era is half as interesting as these threads, I'm going to love it next season until Liverpool fucks it up in a stupid fashion.
Footy era is a laugh. We just don't tolerate cunts or cunty opinions about soccerball. In the same vein however, we just a bunch of cunt m8s.

And you're not allowed in as we already met our Liverpool quota. Wait till Markitron gets banned and then you can play.

Gaz

Oct 27, 2017
UK
LOL if you think im going back 4 OTs in order to pinpoint your awful hateful posts you are pretty much mistaken brah. Vomits*

Oh BTW amazing job on the OTs, first time ever i see this many OTs , either here on on the alt (right?) place. Talking about WC celebration.

Click on my name and go through my post history.... Its not hard. Oh wait, you can't find any because there are none.

You're all fish and no batter mate. Like I said, we don't want you ;)

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
BBC uttered the words "Goalmouth" this evening...

I can't stop thinking of you guys when I hear it.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
any non-biased takes on who will win between ENG-UR-LAAND and SVEER-IJ-JÄE?

i think sweden has it clear as day, but i'm obviously biased. on the other hand, the england fans are clearly delusional

we need the opinion of a neutral third party, a switzerland if you will

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Got to give credit to the England lads tonight.

Any knockout game for us is full of anxiety, self doubt, anger and disbelief.

And the lads delivered it all.

It's coming home.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Wanted Colombia to win before the game, but watching their awful behaviour, I'm ok with England going through.
France - England final would be epic, one of the oldest rivaleries.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
At least they are trying. It's more than I can say about the half-assed game I saw earlier today.

tumblr_mu6eyl5wUA1stu03io1_500.gif

I'm worried about your salt levels bro.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
That's the odd thing, the world Cup is nationalistic by nature and design.

People hated on the Russians because of Putin etc

Can't people oppressed and dealing with the legacy of English colonialism not feel some animosity towards their team?

Not specific fans, or players as colonisers but rather the nationalistic aspect of said team and what that nation represents?

It's a better reason than just saying the type of stuff you example because of a football game.
there is a statute of limitations when it comes to historical events that are over 150+ or 200+ years old when it comes to banter.

Spain and Portugal were rivals for like 800 years, they eventually became best friends in the mid 1930s to the present day. Gotta let the past go.

Putin is in the present tense, so it's totally fine to bring him up IMO because he is affecting present day shenanigans.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
We're flooding, we're floating on a seaaaaaaaaaaaa, of ZattMurdock's tears

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Footy era is a laugh. We just don't tolerate cunts or cunty opinions about soccerball. In the same vein however, we just a bunch of cunt m8s.

And you're not allowed in as we already met our Liverpool quota. Wait till Markitron gets banned and then you can play.

What's the West Ham queue look like? As empty as our trophy case?

The yanks are more worried about LeBron and that sport where overweight men push each other.

*raises hand* It's coming to my future home.

mokeyjoe

Dec 22, 2017
any non-biased takes on who will win between ENG-UR-LAAND and SVEER-IJ-JÄE?

i think sweden has it clear as day, but i'm obviously biased. on the other hand, the england fans are clearly delusional

we need the opinion of a neutral third party, a switzerland if you will

While I'm English, Sweden have objectively been the better team and will be better rested than England's players.

Plum

May 31, 2018

People hated on the Russians because of Putin etc

Can't people oppressed and dealing with the legacy of English colonialism not feel some animosity towards their team?

Not specific fans, or players as colonisers but rather the nationalistic aspect of said team and what that nation represents?

It's a better reason than just saying the type of stuff you example because of a football game.

Calling a group "cunts," has no actual meaning beside, at its most serious, showing that the person dealing those "bantz" probably doesn't like the other group.

Calling a group "colonisers" brings in genuine derision based on real-life political issues and tragedies. It also implicates innocent people (many of whom aren't the "white colonisers") in those political issues and tragedies whereas calling them "cunts" only implicates them in the crime of being a cunt (which is probably true, the cunts) It just needlessly sours things by making it personal and serious, the only difference between it and the "British people are ugly" comment being the arbitrary line the mods decided to draw in the sand. Yes, the World Cup is nationalism, but not all nationalism is bad nationalism, we're not talking about a bloody English Defense League rally here.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017

WTF no !

I mean I'm all about France winning every football tourney and dominating every match, I'm not even objective when I watch and talk about football, for god's sake I support Olympique de Marseille lol, but no , I would never bring any nationalistic bullshit in a fuckin' sports thread lol, what the hell

If I wanted to joke about that, I'd say in my best Chef's impersonation : " there is a time and place for this kind of shit, and it's called college" (quote might not be word for word ^^)

I mean COME ON

Zatoichi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
there is a statute of limitations when it comes to historical events that are over 150+ or 200+ years old when it comes to banter.

Spain and Portugal were rivals for like 800 years, they eventually became best friends in the mid 1930s to the present day. Gotta let the past go.

Putin is in the present tense, so it's totally fine to bring him up IMO because he is affecting present day shenanigans.

Places to this say still dealing with legacy of English colonial actions.

Maybe those invaded have the right to set "statue of limitations".

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
tumblr_mu6eyl5wUA1stu03io1_500.gif

I'm worried about your salt levels bro.

Nothing would please me more than a Brazil x England final. Absolutely nothing. It'd be epic. But it's not happening. That's not me being cocky saying that Brazil is getting there and England isn't. Brazil has a tough bracket. I just think Sweden have this one. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong. I'm confident I'm not.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm confused.

So you're allowing inflammatory statements towards entire nations yet you're warning people against making them at the same time? Why not just be consistent and ban those types of statements in the first place? Like, what is the aim here? It's genuinely quite unclear to me.
For the sake of extra clarity: Up until this point we've let a lot of stuff slide that we normally wouldn't outside a sports thread. Starting from this thread onwards, we're going to start moderating that stuff more tightly. Generalizations and insults that appear to apply to entire countries rather than individual players and teams will get actioned.

We're not going back to action every post in every previous thread that would've banned under these new guidelines. Everyone has now been fairly warned.

Gaz

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Sure boss whatever you say, your orders are my command PFFFf LMAO.

Q0FXbsz.gif

Wowee. Sure are proving your a top quality poster.

Keep up with the anti-england narrative bro. If talking absolute shite makes you feel better after getting knocked out then who am I to do anything other than put you on the ignorelist? Toodles.

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say, if footy-era is half as interesting as these threads, I'm going to love it next season until Liverpool fucks it up in a stupid fashion.

Yiss! Come join us, we don't have many Liverpool fans here so need you to help boost our numbers.

Well, we'll crush you and your

- Best music in Europe
- Cute countryside towns with 1 murder per habitants
- Good weath-...
- QI on BBC
- corgi-loving queen

I hear you guys have a constitutional monarchy also.

Our Royals are more inbred than yours!

Fruit&Nut

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Mar 16, 2018
I wonder how many Americans are rooting for England right now, actually.

If you were American you wouldn't.

American's fucking love England and are massively supporting England. The bars are packed with people supporting their mother nation. It's actually astonishing how pro England everyone in America is. Well perhaps not, America is an Anglo country.

Still the near ubiquity of England support in the states is still a bit surprising with how widespread it is.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
For the sake of extra clarity: Up until this point we've let a lot of stuff slide that we normally wouldn't outside a sports thread. Starting from this thread onwards, we're going to start moderating that stuff more tightly. Generalizations and insults that appear to apply to entire countries rather than individual players and teams will get actioned.

We're not going back to action every post in every previous thread that would've banned under these new guidelines. Everyone has now been fairly warned.
ebNGhc1.gif

mokeyjoe

Dec 22, 2017

About time.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
I can see our game against Sweden going to penalties too, and we'll probably lose that one.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Nothing would please me more than a Brazil x England final. Absolutely nothing. It'd be epic. But it's not happening. That's not me being cocky saying that Brazil is getting there and England isn't. Brazil has a tough bracket. I just think Sweden have this one. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong. I'm confident I'm not.

tumblr_p6xbz6peFB1qhjdd8o2_r1_500.gif

See you on Saturday.

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't think I could enjoy anything more tonight, then I saw that Maradonna has been sat slumped in a scruffy arm chair in a Colombia shirt cheering them on.

Aaaaaaaaahahahahahaha

Fucking slug

Plum

May 31, 2018
Alright for the sake of extra clarity: Up until this point we've let a lot of stuff slide that we normally wouldn't outside a sports thread. Starting from this thread onwards, we're going to start moderating that stuff more tightly. Generalizations and insults that appear to apply to entire countries rather than individual players and teams will get actioned.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense than the original mod edit. Thanks for clarifying! I don't agree with the lack of mod action on the "colonising" post but as long as posts like that are met with action in the future I'm 100% fine with things.

Status
Not open for further replies.