• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coming Home?

• No

Votes: 191 49.6%
  • No

Votes: 194 50.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'm not beyond showing sympathy for criminals, but lets not go crazy here and pretend every poacher has no choice but to illegally kill animals. That's just daft.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my God, imagine if we actually did win it and Skinner, Baddiel and the Lightning Seeds made a sequel song. It's 2018, let's go full meme and full circle.

Honestly, with them chatting on Twitter recently, if we *did* win it, I genuinely wouldn't be too surprised if there was some sort of celebratory sequel song or at least a one-off performance at somewhere like Glastonbury or the homecoming parade or something like that. Heck, it's near enough to "fifty years of hurt" now, anyway.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
You are in a privileged position to say this. Poachers aren't hunters. They need to feed themselves and their families. Rather than killing humans, they choose to hunt animals.

By your logic, you should show zero sympathy to soldiers sent to Iraq and have died there. Since they had no reason to be there. This whole argument stops if you say you have no sympathy for these either and your logic is consistent. Otherwise, you show you have no understanding of African and poverty stricken regions at best.
Saying it all comes down to poverty is simply not true. A lot of poachers are feeding into a market they know will bring them money and many aspects of poaching come from what it symbolizes.

Is there desperate families? Sure, but you cannot paint every poacher as being some poor desperate family trying to get by. Not only that but we as humans need to understand how much we are fucking our ecosystem and wildlife by letting greed run it. You might look for a reason to sympathize but when you do all it does is allow for more poaching to take place and destroy animals which in turn fucks over humans too.

Your Iran example is poor because the intention isn't going there to kill and sell Iranians. I also think context would matter on who I sympathize with because some soldiers are piece of shits while others it's tragic.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Alisson, Fagner, Thiago Silva, Miranda e Marcelo; Fernandinho; Paulinho, Coutinho, Willian e Neymar; Gabriel Jesus.

No surprises here. Let's see what will be Tite plan against Belgium.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
You are in a privileged position to say this. Poachers aren't hunters. They need to feed themselves and their families. Rather than killing humans, they choose to hunt animals.

By your logic, you should show zero sympathy to soldiers sent to Iraq and have died there. Since they had no reason to be there. This whole argument stops if you say you have no sympathy for these either and your logic is consistent. Otherwise, you show you have no understanding of African and poverty stricken regions at best.
So they eat Rhino horns and Elephant tusks do they?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Alisson, Fagner, Thiago Silva, Miranda e Marcelo; Fernandinho; Paulinho, Coutinho, Willian e Neymar; Gabriel Jesus.

No surprises here. Let's see what will be Tite plan against Belgium.

Fagner will never stop being a (sad) surprise

Remember when people defended his call up because "c'mon, he's the third option, he's never playing a single minute in the cup, stop bitching!"?

PaddingtonDidntDoIt

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 8, 2018
User banned (3 days) for inflammatory derailment
Saying it all comes down to poverty is simply not true. A lot of poachers are feeding into a market they know will bring them money and many aspects of poaching come from what it symbolizes.

Is there desperate families? Sure, but you cannot paint every poacher as being some poor desperate family trying to get by. Not only that but we as humans need to understand how much we are fucking our ecosystem and wildlife by letting greed run it. You might look for a reason to sympathize but when you do all it does is allow for more poaching to take place and destroy animals which in turn fucks over humans too.

Your Iran example is poor because the intention isn't going their to kill and sell Iranians. I also think context would matter on who I sympathize with because some soldiers are piece of shits while others it's tragic.
So soldiers, with guns and fighter jets went in there without the intent to kill human beings? And they accidentally just happened to kill tens of thousands?
What makes the issue different here is something you're never going to acknowledge. Poachers are black and dirt poor africans, so the sympathy is simply not there. But those soldiers were primarily white, have largely the same values and lifestyle, you can relate, so there is sympathy.

Oct 25, 2017
Fagner will never stop being a (sad) surprise

Remember when people defended his call up because "c'mon, he's the third option, he's never playing a single minute in the cup, stop bitching!"?
Oh yeah, good times XD. Was really expecting to Danilo instead of Fagner because he is much better defensively......... Oh well. Without Casemiro, having to stop Lukaku and Hazard on attack and the precise pass of De Bruyne. That will be a fun game.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
So soldiers, with guns and fighter jets went in there without the intent to kill human beings? And they accidentally just happened to kill tens of thousands?
What makes the issue different here is something you're never going to acknowledge. Poachers are black and dirt poor africans, so the sympathy is simply not there. But those soldiers were primarily white, have largely the same values and lifestyle, you can relate, so there is sympathy.
What the fuck kind of whatabouttery utter nonsense is this?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Already posted it

Angry_Emoji_large.png

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, good times XD. Was really expecting to Danilo instead of Fagner because he is much better defensively......... Oh well. Without Casemiro, having to stop Lukaku and Hazard on attack and the precise pass of De Bruyne. That will be a fun game.
Apart from the first half against Mexico, when Fagner was beaten everytime someone went at him, he's been solid on defense.

He's like 1.65m tho..

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Apart from the first half against Mexico, when Fagner was beaten everytime someone went at him, he's been solid on defense.

He's like 1.65m tho..

I'd say Fagner "improving" had more to do with mexico gassing out than him actually doing some good work
I would be calmer if we played with empty space and 10 players than with him

I still remember his brainfarts for corinthians were he just went ham on someone for no reason and got a red

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
I've had my day's recommended intake for whataboutism today. Thank you kind sirs.

Poaching is fucking top level cuntery, end of.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
NOW BACK TO SOCC-I MEAN FUTBALL
It's like you completely missed the fact I said context matters when it comes to these soldiers. I'm not saying all the soldiers are innocent but you're comparing poaching, something that is killing and causing the extinction of animals which in turn endagers humans as well(funny how you ignore the affect it has on humans?) to a war that had a lot of political issues and soldiers were forced to go there.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
If we actually are deflecting this to goal poachers, isn't the goal poacher role effectively dead now?

Since strikers are expected to help out more etc

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Poachers do not contribute much to football, which is why I detest them.

I rather have my players scrambled around like my eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.