• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coming Home?

• No

Votes: 191 49.6%
  • No

Votes: 194 50.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Their is something beautiful about someone who can just plain put he ball in the back of the net. Doesn't matter how, or how pretty, just scores. And that's all that matters
Did nothing in the 2007 final except score twice. The mark of a truly world class goal-poacher (even if one of them was a lucky deflection).

images

Not recognized as he should because he was far more than just a poacher, but when he decided to wait and tap, man he tapped it good
I think you said it yourself, his all round game was too good to be labelled a goal poacher.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
images

Not recognized as he should because he was far more than just a poacher, but when he decided to wait and tap, man he tapped it good

do you have some contractual obligation to post something neymar related every 10 posts

FIFA knows no bounds
The only contractual obligations I am required to fulfill on this forum are ELEX related. Neymar is just a bottomless treasure trove of ridiculousness.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus is a poacher, Hernandez too. Sterling is as well for City in a weird kind of way.
I'd agree on Hernandez, even if he has been shit at doing it for a few seasons, but Jesus and Sterling help set up goals and track back too, so are they still in a poacher role?

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Fagner will never stop being a (sad) surprise

Remember when people defended his call up because "c'mon, he's the third option, he's never playing a single minute in the cup, stop bitching!"?

Fagner is really a WTF selection. None of the left backs can play on the right? Filipe Luís for example or Alex Sandro who was left home?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
What is this myth that jesus actually score goals

Fagner is really a WTF selection. None of the left backs can play on the right? Filipe Luís for example or Alex Sandro who was left home?

Bruno Peres could play RB
But he has a fatal flaw in the eyes of Tite - never played for Corinthians

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
From a cynical point of view, I feel like the last thing a modern striker wants to be is a poacher because you are absolutely quantified by your production. It's not like you can argue in an off year of production you track back or hold up the ball or contribute through balls to your strike partner. If you don't score for a year, or god forbid two, your value tanks

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
The first rule of football is you don't call it "soccer"

Doing so will result in a suspension from this thread and all football related threads.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depends where you come from. Never really understood this anger about north americans using that word. Who cares? Well, lots of people. But why?
It came from the UK as an abbreviation of Association Football. "American" Football was originally called gridiron football as it was an offshoot of Rugby football. They shortened it to football because soccer wasnt popular here yet and called soccer soccer because it was a popular and well known name of the sport back then in the UK.

It makes sense but everyone seems to be misinformed about this.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Which part of my post is wrong? He sets up the most goalscoring chances in the entire league.

We have DMs who are meant to help our defenders, not his fault they're so bad at it.

He sets up chances all right but he's also a gutless streak of piss who goes missing when needed most. IMVHO.

Deleted member 40133

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I'd agree on Hernandez, even if he has been shit at doing it for a few seasons, but Jesus and Sterling help set up goals and track back too, so are they still in a poacher role?

If you help set up goals and backtrack you are not a poacher. A poacher who backtracks is an oxymoron in definition. People are confusing "finishers" ie a striker who is an efficient finisher with an outright poacher

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
If you help set up goals and backtrack you are not a poacher. A poacher who backtracks is an oxymoron in definition. People are confusing "finishers" ie a striker who is an efficient finisher with an outright poacher
I agree. That's why I'm asking if the poacher role is dead in modern football.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I don't think you have a good grasp on mathematics, my friend.

Well it was more a tongue in check attempt at banter(was thinking of that disco quote in Simpsons, but the numbers did not really work). Instead of just saying I don't think the past meetings mean much in regards to many goals/excitement in tomorrows match.

Deleted member 40133

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
What is this myth that jesus actually score goals

Bruno Peres could play RB
But he has a fatal flaw in the eyes of Tite - never played for Corinthians

As a Roma fan, I can tell you that if you actually want your FB to defend. Don't play Peres lol. We were so exstatic to get him two years ago, now we're trying to pawn him off as fast as possible. Probably at a loss

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
As a Roma fan, I can tell you that if you actually want your FB to defend.

Not in brazil we don't!
Bruno Peres would still be a far better third option than fagner. he can actually attack sometimes. hell i would even take Nino Paraíba over fagner, at least he doesnt get carded as often

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Soccer comes from Association Football and calling it just Football came later so knock yourself out calling it whatever you like. I call it Daisy - it doesn't seem to mind.

Deleted member 40133

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I agree. That's why I'm asking if the poacher role is dead in modern football.

I think it is. As I mentioned to someone else prior, people are confusing a striker whose an effecientl finisher with a poacher. If you do ANYTHING extra outside of slamming the ball in the back of the net, you're not a poacher

Smelck

Oct 27, 2017
Rotorua, NZ
Cant sleep, popped in to see what you are all up to in my favourite thread and wtf....lol

Prefer my eggs scrambled, hopefully like Sweden's defence this weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.