• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zaverious

Oct 25, 2017

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
All that SSJ4 teasing and then they just outright tell you. What was the point of being so coy?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
You almost scared me with SSG Vegeta in DBFZ, OP.

Seriously, is GT Goku gonna be by himself?

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao not even an install an altered cinematic. What was the point of the teasing and secrecy if its just a cinematic

Everyone got monkey pawed so hard with this character

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
They're just further stirring the pot.

Ss4 is coming. It'd be too easy to take up 1-3 slots with another set of goku/vegeta/gogeta.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
SS4 has not only been relegated to a cinematic super, it doesn't even show up under normal conditions. This is even funnier than I thought it would be.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Almost 4 months between characters, and we're only getting 1 instead of the normal 2 in DBFZ, and it doesn't have a SSJ4 install to make the wait understandable.

ArcSys what is you doing?

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Super Saiyan 4 which has a completely unique appearance: Cinematic

Super Saiyan Blue which just turns his hair blue: Completely playable.

In all seriousness, I expect SSJ4 to be playable eventually anyway. Look at 17.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Super Saiyan 4 which has a completely unique appearance: Cinematic

Super Saiyan Blue which just turns his hair blue: Completely playable.

In all seriousness, I expect SSJ4 to be playable eventually anyway. Look at 17.

Bullshit. And you know it.

Blue Goku has a lot of moves and is the current face of Dragon Ball.

4 is the face of the series that almost sunk the franchise. It's surprising that it was even included considering the rest of the roster is extremely Z/Super focused

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018

Blue Goku has a lot of moves and is the current face of Dragon Ball.

4 is the face of the series that almost sunk the franchise. It's surprising that it was even included
I am purely talking about appearances.

Blue is the most awful-looking major transformation in the series.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Base Goku has a special power-up when he loses a teammate. Find out what it is next month.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Arc/Bandai completely dropped the ball on this pick. They knew they had large swatches of fans asking for Kid Goku or SSJ4 Goku (some asking for both) and instead of just putting their foot down and giving one, they do this half measure bullshit that doesn't really please either crowd.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Arc/Bandai completely dropped the ball on this pick. They knew they had large swatches of fans asking for Kid Goku or SSJ4 Goku (some asking for both) and instead of just putting their foot down and giving one, they do this half measure bullshit that doesn't really please either crowd.

Agreed

SS4 is one of the most popular form even if it's from GT.

We know for a fact that SS4 merchandise sells way less than Super/Z Goku merchandise.

It's a vocal minority.

The decision to make this "extremely popular" form a glorified cameo makes it even more obvious. No way they would leave that much money on the table

Last edited:

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate that there's only one slot left. Because I wanted UI Goku but GT Goku is in now, and I also want Kefla. It's probably gonna go to some shit like Omega Shenron anyway 8(

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Blue's popularity is massively underestimated. I see it absolutely everywhere, and Blue Goku has pretty much become the modern face of Dragon Ball. Even at the height of GT's popularity, I don't think SS4 really took off like that.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that there's only one slot left. Because I wanted UI Goku but GT Goku is in now, and I also want Kefla. It's probably gonna go to some shit like Omega Shenron anyway 8(

I still have hope for a surprise extra 2 characters to bump the season pass to 8 like the Season 1 pass.

The description of the Season Pass is worded in such way that it's possible they can slip two extra characters into it.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Eh, Bandai definitely likes using SSJ4 as kind of money bait.

DB Heroes in particular goes ham with it, giving it to characters like Bardock, Gohan and Broly. They even held an event last year just to tease SSJ4 Vegito with the promotional anime.

SSJ4 Vegeta was also the pre order bonus for Xenoverse 1, with Goku being the first real DLC pack.

I wouldn't be shocked if any SSJ4s end up as full characters down the pipeline anyway.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
XV2 is going to outlive us all, isn't it? Im a huge DB fan but I just can't get into that game. I really really wish I could.

Pewpewlazors

Sep 13, 2018
I'm new to fighting games, but the DLC cadence for FigherZ seems really slow. Is this a normal pace for character releases for successful fighting games or do they normally release characters quickier?

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm new to fighting games, but the DLC cadence for FigherZ seems really slow. Is this a normal pace for character releases for successful fighting games or do they normally release characters quickier?

Save for the fact that it seems kid Goku is releasing alone, this is pretty normal for DBFZ and other games.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
Does anone else feel that they've dropped the ball with Dragon Ball FighterZ post launch support?

I remember GT Goku got announced last month, then to be told its going to be released next month, I thought there support was meant to be a new character every month? Or two released at the same time?

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
I don't think Kid Goku is releasing alone.

This isn't really a new occurrence, Videl was revealed only 4 days before she came out, 17's V-jump scans came out super close to his release too. Zamasu was also shown and given a tentative release date before Vegito was even revealed.

Only different thing about this one is that we don't have the foresight of leaks and datamining like we did before.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I don't think Kid Goku is releasing alone.

This isn't really a new occurrence, Videl was revealed only 4 days before she came out, 17's V-jump scans came out super close to his release too. Zamasu was also shown and given a tentative release date before Vegito was even revealed.

Only different thing about this one is that we don't have the foresight of leaks and datamining like we did before.
Yup, since GT Goku releases in May, there's still the chance the next V-Jump reveals the last characters and it comes together with Goku. Kefla please.