1. Birdo

Birdo
    Banned Member OP

[​IMG]

-Standard version is $59.99 (includes 15 Gougi decks w/ 12 characters + Hokuto variation)
    -Light version is $39.99 (includes 5 Gougi decks w/ 12 characters)
    -Digital only (if successful, a physical release is possible)
    -Steam version a possibility (if title is successful)
    -Japanese VA (no English)
    -DLC colors (Type-A and Type-Gold)
    -Legacy controllers will not be supported at launch
    -There will be a single player option but not in the form of a "story" mode
    -Focused on bringing back original cast before new characters are created

Roster (two yet to be announced)
    -Allen Snider
    -Blair Dame
    -Darun Mister
    -Doctrine Dark
    -Garuda
    -Jack (formerly known as Cracker Jack)
    -Kairi
    -Shadowgeist
    -Shirase (Hokuto as a variation)
    -Skullomania

All information taken from the livestream.

2. Mecha Meister

Mecha Meister

Awesome! I look forward to seeing more of it and can't wait to play it!

Not sure what to think of the "Gougi" system though.

EDIT: Is there going to be another Beta?

3. BadWolf

BadWolf

About the DLC colors.

Type A - boosts the colors for characters to 15. It's a one time buy, if there are future DLC characters and you have this DLC already then you will automatically have all the colors for the new characters.

Type Gold - is a special gold color which needs to be bought separately for each character.

EDIT: Shadow Geist just revealed on stream.

4. BackwardCap

BackwardCap

Can't wait to see the improvements they make.

5. Kewlmyc

Kewlmyc

Legacy controllers mean sticks right?

6. Gentlemen

Gentlemen

What are Gougi decks?

7. Birdo

Birdo
    Banned Member OP

Yes.
    It's a system in the game similar to gems from Street Fighter X Tekken.

8. Brazil

Brazil
    Trailing in the sky Moderator

*Thinking emoji*

Yeah, I'm gonna need to read some detailed impressions before jumping in.

9. Zubz

Zubz

I already don't like these. I'm still excited for this game, though!

10. BadWolf

BadWolf

They won't be able to do another beta so they will give a version to Jiyuna to take along when he travels to tournaments.

So if you want to try the game before release then hunt down Jiyuna lol.

11. DrFunk

DrFunk

Yessssss

It's limited but I'll support it

12. Gunslinger

Gunslinger

is this game still 3d or 2d now?

13. salromano

salromano
    Mr. Gematsu Verafied

No story mode, but there will be a single-player mode they haven't announced yet.

14. Birdo

Birdo
    Banned Member OP

It's 3D but on a 2D playing field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q_LFj4AEs0

15. BadWolf

BadWolf

Been 2.5D since day 1 and still is.

16. 2n2

2n2

What exactly is the state of Arika? Are they active pubs/developers? Indie? Is this a side project? I never really understood what was going on with the development of this game.

17. Birdo

Birdo
    Banned Member OP

I think the most ideal situation for the remaining two characters would be Pullum and a guest Street Fighter character (unlikely).

18. Primus

Primus

What happened to Doctrine Dark?

19. Meowmixez

Meowmixez

I will support this title. I love small studios .

20. Birdo

Birdo
    Banned Member OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dri_P8H8FQ

21. Primus

Primus

So he is still in? Your roster doesn't have him listed.

22. BadWolf

BadWolf

They said if there is an Arika booth at Evo then that means the game did well.

If there isn't then "goodbye Arika"...

They are making the game with their own money and if it under-performs then it would either really hurt the company or they could go under.

It's a full on passion project.

23. Birdo

Birdo
    Banned Member OP

Yes. That's my fault, didn't realize I forgot to list him, lol.

24. Virtua Sanus

Virtua Sanus

The price is alarmingly high, even for the 'light version'. This game has a major uphill battle going forward, but I wish it well. Would especially love to see that PC version happen.

Fingers crossed for Janis!

25. Birdo

Birdo
    Banned Member OP

I agree that the price may be a bit steep but it's a full on passion project. I played the beta so much and it was easily my favorite fighter that's come out this generation. It has such an old school feeling that I love.

26. Heart_Attack

Heart_Attack

Too expensive and digital only. Dead on arrival.

27. RedHeat

RedHeat

Any pre-order bonuses? If not, I'll be waiting on peoples empressions.

28. BadWolf

BadWolf

They basically don't have a choice, said that even the light version is hurting them and they hope to recoup the losses via DLC.

29. lusca_bueno

lusca_bueno

Yeah, not a good price, this is a lot like how SFV launched. Something proportional to KI season 1 that did 8 characters for $20 would be better, but well, the price is bound to drop sometime anyway.

But WOW, I actually like Geist being included from the start!

30. .

I wanted to buy this but im not paying 90$ cdn for this when I already have SFV and DBFZ for FGs

31. FarisR

FarisR

Really sucks as I feel the price sets them up to fail with that kind of content offering. Oh well... I'll be buying day 1 still to show support as I absolutely loved the EX series and this is a "no way this would ever happen" type deal for me with them showing up with the EX gameplay in current gen. (I'm honestly guessing they priced it that way to get that money from the hardcore fans day 1 and will drop the price of the game a month or so after to spur sales).

As for the last two characters, Pullum has to be one of them being part of the original cast and all.

Who will take the 12th slot? These would be the leftover arika characters after Pullum

Hayate
    Area
    Vulcano rosso
    Nanese
    Sharon
    Cycloids beta & gamma

32. Birdo

Birdo
    Banned Member OP

Guest SF character, lol.

33. shadowman16

shadowman16

Shadow Geist is in as well? Awesome, next to the [email protected] characters he was my most wanted character from Arika's side. Guessing Pullum is one of the last characters to be announced? Kinda hope Rosso is back as well, I really enjoyed using him in [email protected]

34. Meowmixez

Meowmixez

No season pass?

35. BadWolf

BadWolf

They said they considered it but decided not to do it at launch because post launch support depends on how well the game performs on release.

36. lupinko

lupinko

Side stepping only existed in the April Fools' build that I played. Arika staff just gave me the whole things change during development spiel when I asked at Evo Japan this year.

37. Bishop89

Bishop89

What the hell is a gouging deck?

Garuda and skullomania, we will be reunited once again!

38. Neptonic

Neptonic

The Gougi system was stupidly broken, I hope their either toned it down a bit or doubled down to make it super broken

Obligatory Gougi system video:

39. OutlawSlevin

OutlawSlevin

Will buy day one to support them. This game is cool, and while it currently isn't ready to be a tournament level success, I do think given enough time and further funding it can become a truly great game.

I enjoy its combo system quit a lot, and the new input method for casuals as well.

Fun roster, visually appealing, good soundtrack, and the netcode worked out the gate.

My guess is there is little to no single player content for this? Just a barebones MP and local MP focus right?

40. GuileBootCamp

GuileBootCamp

I'll buy this and every piece of the DLC, and might gift it to at least one friend. From the sound of it, they're betting their company on this game, and I've always had a soft spot for the SFEX games and characters, and had a lot of fun with the beta. It was janky in an endearing and comfortingly nostalgic way. Ignoring the Gougi system (which was more fun at least than SFxT gems), it's basically the Yooka-Laylee of mid to late 90s 2.5D fighters, and I am exactly the target audience for jank like that.

Plus, Akira Nishitani designed Street Fighter II. I'd feel obligated to support him even if I didn't already think the game was fun.

41. noyram23

noyram23

Day One for me, I haven't bought any fighting games this gen but SEFEX is basically my childhood, and it feels like a passion project.

42. Silky

Silky

The silouhettes behind Shadowgeist appear to be Volcano Rosso and Nanase.

....No Pullum woah

Definitely buying to support that crazy old man and his company

43. shadowman16

shadowman16

Going by the beta, I saw a Vs CPU option, hopefully we get an arcade mode as well. Nothing deep needed, just what [email protected] got and I'll be happy.

44. lordlad

lordlad
    Banned for trolling with an alt account Member

eh...i don't think this will be successful enough given the price point..

45. JEH

JEH

So they're selling gems like SFxT? This will go well.

46. rottenpie

rottenpie

WE NEED PULLUM PURNA

47. Emperor Ham

Emperor Ham
    Banned Member

Good question. They normally work with Nintendo 95% of the time. Makes me wonder why Nintendo didn't help fund this.

48. SAB-CA

SAB-CA

I don't mind a premium for a passion project like this. Though it'd be REALLY good for the game, if they could offer a KI / DOA freebie version, or maybe make a limited version a PS+ bonus for every few months. A majority of the current cast for $40 is pretty nice, at least.

The color pack working on things released going forward is cool. Gold color thing sounds OK. Shadow Geist... Ok. Really pullin' for Pullum, her stage and theme would also be welcome to have back. Must Res Arcana people all day!

Playing the Beta was pretty fun. Actually in a similar way to DBFZ, in that it's fairly simple, but full of fun silliness. I think it's the kind of fighter that (currently) feels like a good breather from the other, more complicated games. Looking forward to seeing how the game is refined towards release.

Oh, and with them mentioning the set number of Gouki decks like that... do you think those are slots to make you own, or pre-made sets? I know they mentioned last that you'd be able to make you own, but having them set up like this makes me wonder if that plan has changed.

49. Silky

Silky

Yes because gems is one of the reasons why SFxT performed poorly, right. of course

There is a single player mode that they didn't want to reveal yet apparently.

50. BadWolf

BadWolf

They said that at launch there won't be customizable decks but post launch they will be taking in feedback/data to possibly make it a thing.