• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kitzkozan

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I'll be doing this for every major event for ResetEra. It would be a good, and more importantly, a visible place for everyone to discuss fighting game tournaments.

giphy.gif

Everything is back to normal it seems. ;)

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
SF4's stream numbers are pretty impressive for a dead game

Yep, it's doing better than I thought it would. It's actually creeping up on Marvel's peak numbers tonight. A lot of people still remember this game and like watching it. This isn't going to revive USF4, but I hope it paves the way for a few more featured USF4 tournaments every year at least.

Last edited:

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
spooky just mentioned that gamoras guns lost the piercing ability. is that true? did rocket and monster hunter also lose that ability?

I haven't heard anything about that. Welcome to Resetera by the way.

Also, Nick Jones played point Skrull in UMVC3 as Nick Cam. I knew I recognized him.

Oct 26, 2017
SF4's stream numbers are pretty impressive for a dead game

Yep, it's doing better than I thought it would. It's actually creeping up on Marvel's peak numbers tonight. A lot of people still remember this game and don't mind watching it. This isn't going to revive USF4, but I hope it paves the way for a few more featured USF4 tournaments every year at least.

A game isn't dead just because it's not featured as the main game anymore.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
OMG Poongko did it. My heart was fucking racing lol. And stream numbers are over 9,000 as well. Hopefully we can have a few more of these every year it was great to watch.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Winners bracket
FOX|Justin Wong (Nova, Ultron, Reality) vs. Teemo (Nova, Dormammu, Reality)
SPY|Filipino Champ (Dormammu, Ultron, Space) vs. Rise|Richard Nguyen (Dante, Strider, Soul)

Losers bracket
HB|Clockw0rk (Gamora, Strider, Soul) vs EG|NYChrisG (Monster Hunter, Morrigan, Space )
GOL|Ranmasama (Haggar, Dormammu, Space) vs vs. Nick Jones (Captain America, Captain Marvel, Power)

Usage Stats:

3 Dormammu
2 Nova
2 Ultron
2 Strider
1 Captain Marvel
1 Captain America
1 Haggar
1 Gamora
1 Monster Hunter
1 Morrigan
1 Dante

3 Space
2 Soul
2 Reality
1 Power

An infinite top 8 with only 1 Dante? What is going on!?
Of course dorm took his place.

Ban him for life.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Watching SF 4 was great, I always try to watch when Poongko streams it. Smug vs Poongko was a delight.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
Just got done watching the MvCI archives from Canada Cup today. Nick Jones was putting in work with Cap, making me proud. I wish I got people to get clipped by Trick Shield as much as he does, though. >_> He was doing a ton of work with shield slash into square dash setups, too. Dunno what I could do with Strider in those scenarios since teleport is slow by comparison, maybe use the blockstun of the slash to call an animal and then teleport with that? Either way, if anyone is interested in playing Captain America check those matches out, he was playing neutral with Cap about as well as you can at this juncture.

OP
OP
MrCarter

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've been watching his as well. It's been really interesting seeing him come from his super all-in play style with Seth in IV to Kolin in V. Feels a lot more methodical now.

Not discounting his Play in IV, mind you.

I disliked watching Poongko in SFIV because I thought Seth was such a trashy character however Kolin in SFV seems so much more patient and tactical.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao! She had a stick problem, so instead of lending her his stick, he took her place in the bracket! Is this supposed to be any better than just saying "lol I registered twice"?!!
According to her she uses an American stick+ buttons. But still Quackbot or anybody who has even been or thought of going to a tourney should know this won't fly lol

OP
OP
MrCarter

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm not surprised at all, SFV is casual and SFIV still have some develop in the meta play. i can't speak for everyone, but no ones love watching SFV, that's coming from an anime player.

That's highly subjective to be fair. I mean, SFV had over 25K just for pools yesterday and has been consistent in viewers for almost 2 years now. I think SFIV had decent viewers because it was the previous SF game that had years of tournament play and support so of course people would want to look back. Hell, even I did and I'm not particularly fond of it.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished catching up. Problem X continuing
his winning streak. Dude just plays an amazing Bison. Punk out of the tournament, same as MOV.
MOV has just one more chance to qualify for Capcom Cup, i doubt he has it in him though. Overall some really solid matches.

Gummi97

Oct 25, 2017
That's highly subjective to be fair. I mean, SFV had over 25K just for pools yesterday and has been consistent in viewers for almost 2 years now. I think SFIV had decent viewers because it was the previous SF game that had years of tournament play and support so of course people would want to look back. Hell, even I did and I'm not particularly fond of it.

I just generally speaking for me, I find its more enjoyable watching IV with the back story of how long that game has been in the actual scene. i don't really catch SFV at all as a watcher, played 3 month of it, trying to like it, it didn't really workout to me. i'm probably exaggerated when it come to viewers on twitch. But there other variety of fighting games that i rather watch then SFV pools.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like Quackbot shouldn't be allowed to join any tournaments.

And whoever this TO that doesn't even know the rules.

Tension Mask

Oct 28, 2017

Also, SFIV inherited from the other games which had finished streaming. I think while other games were also running, SFIV had like 3k viewers? (I wasn't watching numbers that closely)

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Watched BlazBlue, was pretty solid.That Dogura is able to compete in two games at the level he is, just blows my mind. I mean, i have trouble just subbing a second char in SF5.

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No sonicfox at canada cup? that sucks. i really wanted to see how he'd do outside of NLBC

Top 8 should be good though. Great to see ChrisG playing Hunter.

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
Great job! I'm actually one of the staff members running CC and it's a blast!

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
I just generally speaking for me, I find its more enjoyable watching IV with the back story of how long that game has been in the actual scene. i don't really catch SFV at all as a watcher, played 3 month of it, trying to like it, it didn't really workout to me. i'm probably exaggerated when it come to viewers on twitch. But there other variety of fighting games that i rather watch then SFV pools.

I like how aris puts it. I find myself involved in the group of people who watch the SFV because of the people playing it and not the game itself.

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
I would love to get back into the scene, but I've been super broke for the past few years so I have no PS4 or a strong PC to play on. I've finally gotten a decent job, but I should save my money for a car first, but I'm in dire need of a social life and it's grating I've had no one to talk to for years now. It's been hard on me. I want to get into this so I can have fun and be around people, but I also want a car. Not sure what to do.

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I would love to get back into the scene, but I've been super broke for the past few years so I have no PS4 or a strong PC to play on. I've finally gotten a decent job, but I should save my money for a car first, but I'm in dire need of a social life and it's grating I've had no one to talk to for years now. It's been hard on me. I want to get into this so I can have fun and be around people, but I also want a car. Not sure what to do.
I guess it depends on how important the car is. If it's for making work commuting easier or something, then I'd definitely prioritise that. Especially since this community isn't going anywhere. You could still be a part of it by watching and discussing tournaments. I legit watched FGs for like a year before I started to actually play one.

OP
OP
MrCarter

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super SF2 Turbo is live.

https://www.twitch.tv/canadacup

Perhaps go to some local FG events to rebuild that interest.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Who won the USF4 tourney? Which characters were played? I hope this gets uploaded to YT, I missed it all.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017

Take care of your priorities first man. The FGC isn't going anywhere.

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
Super SF2 Turbo is live.

https://www.twitch.tv/canadacup

Perhaps go to some local FG events to rebuild that interest.
Somebody a while back someone on Facebook said he could give me a ride to a sessio. But I didn't respond because I didn't have any money back then. I might do that now. I'm tired of just sitting in the house not doing shit and never seeing another soul. It's sad that the only people I talk to are y'all.

OP
OP
MrCarter

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Somebody a while back someone on Facebook said he could give me a ride to a sessio. But I didn't respond because I didn't have any money back then. I might do that now. I'm tired of just sitting in the house not doing shit and never seeing another soul. It's sad that the only people I talk to are y'all.

Not really. I guess you're just an introvert and that's fine, however I know what you mean about not being social (some call it a mild form of Agoraphobia) and feel isolated. First step is to get out there.