• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
That was so weird with the lag and everything haha. Don't they usually show a new character at the end of every trailer?

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
That GF was clutch. Faust looks freaking scary now, what happened to him?

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
That Faust is underwhelming as hell and no teaser lol, this roster will be even smaller than I feared with how they are spacing out reveals and we haven't even seen all the super obvious characters

Last edited:

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I like the Faust redesign, feels more like the pre-Xrd designs that leaned more towards 90s edgelord metal than the more typical anime stuff.

I already made peace with the fact this isn't going to have a big roster, at least not until 3 seasons of DLC in. I'm not sure it's that big a problem though since you essentially have to relearn everyone anwyay.

I don't think spacing the reveals out this much isn't very hype though, I feel you need at least two characters per showing, I feel one only works if you go into a Smash reveal level of detail, and even then it's pushing if it's a character that was a given anyway.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
That Faust is underwhelming as hell and no teaser lol, this roster will be even smaller than I feared with how they are spacing out reveals and we haven't even seen all the super obvious characters
I mean, they're starting from scratch for Strive. I'd imagine that it'll be around 16 characters at launch max, especially considering how much work is going into the new animations & models.