• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The official thread for Frosty Faustings XII!

0vVztrs.jpg

JANUARY 17-18, 2020 | 601 N Milwaukee Ave, Wheeling, IL 60090, USA

Frosty Faustings is a winter tournament and one of the largest fighting game majors in America! In just 2 days, it will host more official tournaments than any other US major, 1,000+ gamers, representing over 10 countries and thousands of viewers across multiple streams.

Official Sites
http://frostyfaustings.com/
https://www.twitter.com/FrostyFaustings

Official Tournament Games
https://smash.gg/tournament/frosty-faustings-xii-2020/events
• Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 - $1,000 Pot Bonus
• Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, 2v2 teams, Waseda Style
• Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R
• BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle
• BlazBlue: Central Fiction
• Under Night In-Birth EXE: Late[ST]
• Kill la Kill the Game: IF
• Samurai Shodown
• Dragon Ball FighterZ
• Street Fighter V Arcade Edition
• Tekken 7
• Mortal Kombat 11
• Soulcalibur VI
• Chicago's Mystery Tournament
• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 2v2 teams
• Fantasy Strike
• Skullgirls: 2nd Encore
• The King of Fighters XIV
• Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite
• Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
• Sailor Moon S
• Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code
• Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire (Arcade on Supergun w/ PVMs)
• Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (Arcade on Supergun w/ PVMs)
• Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Arcade on Supergun w/ PVMs)
• Capcom vs SNK 2
• Pokken Tournament DX
• Windjammers

Official Tournament Game Brackets
https://smash.gg/tournament/frosty-faustings-xii-2020/details

Stream Schedule
FFXII-Schedule-FINAL-scaled.jpg

Multi-Timezone Schedule by Acekingoffsuit
znbR9Hn.png

flj8ifl.png

Cj31o48.png

Streams
https://www.twitch.tv/bgcallisto

https://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

https://twitch.tv/TeamSp00ky

https://twitch.tv/rsBlackrose

https://twitch.tv/UnrivaledTournaments

https://twitch.tv/LowKickEsports

https://twitch.tv/MadCityGG

https://twitch.tv/WillEnglishIV

Special Mention
A new Guilty Gear -Strive- trailer will debut during the tournament! We should likely expect it to debut during the Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 Top 8.

xRzRCtw.png

Credits
Event info sourced from Frosty Faustings official site, FF social media and Smash.gg.

Last edited:
Side Tournaments

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Got some good ass BB CF on right now. (1/17 3pm est)

Tomorrow's Power Ranger Tournament is gonna be biiiiig.

Also I dont see it listed but yearly there is a Tatsunoko vs Capcom tournament at this. Its pretty much the championship for that crowd. Also a saturday event

Also pumped for Killer Instinct and an actual Touhou 12:3 Hisoutensoku tournament at this.
Those are both friday events for today!

Last edited:

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Oh it's still only SFV Arcade not Championship, was hoping for some Gill action.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
What's the time zone?

Edit: just saw it. Central Time
So if its 9est its 8 cst where the tourney is. Cool. That means for me itll be 11est for both the Power rangers and TVC tournaments if they stream pools and not just top stuff. I'm hunting down which streams they'll be on now. I'll post both when I find em.

BTW this marks the FIRST PRO TOUR TOURNAMENT FOR POWER RANGERS BATTLE FOR THE GRID! This BFTG Frosty Faustings tourney kicks off the official season!

BTW TVC has $2400 in cash prizes as well as this ridiculous PTX body pillow as a prize.
Here's the hilarious trailer they did announcing prizes and that KBEAST would be back.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
The yearly TVC tournament is back at Frosty Faustings and this is THE major that they all play. The unofficial championship for the game itself and this year it has KBEAST back in action!

TIME HAS CHANGED
TOURNAMENT IS NOW AT
5pm central (6est)

BRACKET IS UP!

Link to the stream!
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I read on twitter there's supposed to be a granblue versus tournament there too today? Or is that at another place?
No that should be at Frosty. They have demo stations up. No clue on time or channels though. Not sure. Some of these tournaments only get top 8 streamed and there are many streams that are setup by the communities that aren't on the flyer. Been doin some twitter diggin to find links today. Its one of those tournaments that hosts EVERYTHING so there are just so many official and side tournies its hard to keep em all straight. Largely cause the side tourney communities simply aren't organized enough to have all the info in time for Frosty to post so they gotta sorta put it out there themselves as a consequence.

ProfessorRad

Oct 1, 2019
The yearly TVC tournament is back at Frosty Faustings and this is THE major that they all play. The unofficial championship for the game itself and this year it has KBEAST back in action!

TIME HAS CHANGED
TOURNAMENT IS NOW AT
5pm central (4est)

BRACKET IS UP!

Link to the stream!
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

your times don't make sense. If it's 5 central it would be 6 est....

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
your times don't make sense. If it's 5 central it would be 6 est....
My bad you are right. Sorry its early for me. I will correct that here and on twitter. Looks like theyll be streaming top 8 at that link. I'm talking to see if any secondary pools streams will be up. Still trying to find BFTG streams and if its also going to only stream top 8 at that end due to limited setups or something.

Oct 26, 2017
No that should be at Frosty. They have demo stations up. No clue on time or channels though. Not sure. Some of these tournaments only get top 8 streamed and there are many streams that are setup by the communities that aren't on the flyer. Been doin some twitter diggin to find links today. Its one of those tournaments that hosts EVERYTHING so there are just so many official and side tournies its hard to keep em all straight. Largely cause the side tourney communities simply aren't organized enough to have all the info in time for Frosty to post so they gotta sorta put it out there themselves as a consequence.

If I see anything on twitter I'll post it here.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Great BBCF tournament yesterday. A Bullet in top 8 was pretty awesome to see

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
BBTAG is up right now.
(posted 1-18-20 noon est)

Holy fuck at Shenanigans XX using Adachi and Susano O to get Full Screen half life damage on folks with projectile loops in the opening seconds. Dude got a nasty team with lots of tech.

EDIT:Oh my god this Tager/Waldstein player has the best name for commentators to shout in hype. #Follow Your Dreams.
Hearing them shout FOLLOW YOUR DREEEEEEEEEEEEAMS! during a clutch win is amazing lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Frosty Faustings update for Power Rangers BFTG and its first Pro League Tourney!

Pools will be at 2pm est
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Followed by Top 3 at this channel later

BTW one of those streams is currently streaming Touhou 12:3 Hisoutensokyo and its amazing. Its an entirely different kind of fighter that has the mechanic of when dashing you are projectile immune called bullet grazing. Since the cast is touhou they all have bullethell tools to try and whittle you away with so you try to move constantly. However you gotta stop moving to shoot or do melee and melee damage is where its at so its a very fast back and forth game. Plus theres weather effects that buff and change the properties of certain tools players have and the weather changes all the time. Players build decks and use those to change the weather to force advantage in their favor so movement and tactics can change in seconds from run n gun to rushdown to throw fishing. Its nuts.

Give it a go and then after stay tuned for Pools in Power Rangers Battle for the Grid!

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I'm much more interested in these games below than the rest that aren't listed, because I can always watch the majority of the other big fighting games that aren't listed at any time:

• Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2
• Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R
• BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle
• BlazBlue: Central Fiction
• Under Night In-Birth EXE: Late[ST]
• Samurai Shodown
• Skullgirls: 2nd Encore
• The King of Fighters XIV
• Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
• Sailor Moon S
• Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code
• Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire
• Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
• Super Street Fighter II Turbo
• Capcom vs SNK 2

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That is a STACKED game schedule.
The classics...
Windjammers?
Sailor Moon?
CvS2? FFFFFF I'm in heaven

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Power Rangers Battle for the Grid finally starting. I think I had it an hour off again. Anyhow here come the first Pro League tournament on the circuit for BFTG!

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched much Power Rangers before but this is neat.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
My world is shook finding out Kat Manx the Kat Ranger is actually supposed to be a Swan. Turns out her shoulders have feather patterns and it explains the ballet stuff, but oh my God imagining japanese players expecting a swan and suddenly Kat Ranger starts loudly meowing during attacks lol!

Also we got new shit being teased during stream! Looks like some kinda reveal today!

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
BFTG switching streams for top 3

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Mad clues bein dropped. Something coming for this game.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
My world is shook finding out Kat Manx the Kat Ranger is actually supposed to be a Swan. Turns out her shoulders have feather patterns and it explains the ballet stuff, but oh my God imagining japanese players expecting a swan and suddenly Kat Ranger starts loudly meowing during attacks lol!

Also we got new shit being teased during stream! Looks like some kinda reveal today!

Yeah. they were teasing pretty heavily on stream.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Yo Fibonacci running back the set 3 matches to make it into Top 3!
Jenn Scotts/ Slayer and Red! Lets gooooooooo!

ITS UP AND WE GOT DACIDBRO VS SON DULA! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO!

EDIT: Yo did the announcer mid hype rant accidentally drop Rita Repulsa being added soon!?

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Fibonacci in losers finals RUNNING IT BACK! We Goin to Game 5!

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Dacidbro took out John Ceno! No comebacks to reset the bracket. Sooooo clutch.

TVC winners on now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Roll Goin nuts right now. Mr Bucket commentary on point .

Oct 25, 2017
Samsho Top 8 about to begin
Winners:
Big Bates (Genjuro) vs Didimokof (Shizumaru)
SpaceDetectiveKH (Ukyo) vs Score (Haohmaru)

Losers:
ScrubSaibot (TamTam) vs Kizzie Kay (Shizumaru)
Guzman (Yashumaru) vs NYChrisG (Nakoruru/Haohmaru)

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
Oh god I just had a thought

For the black samurai dude in StrIVe they're not gonna do him like Venom and give him alt colors that make him white are they

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Woo, Lost Soul wins, and with the superior Elphelt design too.
Oh god I just had a thought

For the black samurai dude in StrIVe they're not gonna do him like Venom and give him alt colors that make him white are they
They already did the same with Ram, so pretty sure they will. Capcom pulled the same crap with Menat in SFV.