• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really wondering if the scientists' complaints about how The King of Fighters '96 is playing is due to playing the PS4 ports.

It was. They picked the worst port of 96 in history to play when they had access to the Arcade Archives version on the same system.

The Orochi Saga Collection on PS2 was horrible and emulated on PS4 did it no favors at all. For the record, the Wii version is a whole lot better though.

Taints the science when the best isn't being put forward to be judged in the name of science.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Only by judging it at its worst can you determine what is best.

That's just science.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has the American anti-science, anti-intellectualism movement claimed another victim by shutting down Giant Bomb's fighting games lab and their exploration of science?

Or have they been conducting peer review to fix their Sonic the Fighters error?

OP
OP
SteveWinwood

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
6866.png

thank you Teddified

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll play Ranma 1/2: Chougi Ranbu Hen since they played the others. That one is more of a Street Fighter II style fighter, with combos, cancels, charge characters, high-low block, dizzy etc.

It's probably the actual "good Ranma game" Jason talked about, but at the same time it's absolutely broken in not necessarily a fun way and horribly balanced. Still, fun to mess around in with friends.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017
Reading back through all the rage posts in this thread is hilarious. There's a whole lot of people who need to be demoted to Pictochat or something until they learn how to internet.

OP
OP
SteveWinwood

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I wonder if they'll play Ranma 1/2: Chougi Ranbu Hen since they played the others. That one is more of a Street Fighter II style fighter, with combos, cancels, charge characters, high-low block, dizzy etc.

It's probably the actual "good Ranma game" Jason talked about, but at the same time it's absolutely broken in not necessarily a fun way and horribly balanced.
they just got a copy of *checks wikipedia* ranma 1/2: chounai gekitou hen in a mailbag so they might actually play that one

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf is this list? I need context lol
It is a list of the greatest fighting games ever made determined by the scientific research headed by video game expert Jeff Gerstmann, producer Jason Oestreicher, and science intern Ben "Did you know that I'm very tall" Pack for Giant Bomb dot com, a Website about video games. It is a work in progress, and being a work of scientific research, it will be subject to peer review later.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf is this list? I need context lol
Giant Bomb does a series called Ranking of Fighters where the hook is that they are going to review every fighting game ever made to make a definitive list of the best fighting games

It is extremely tongue-in-cheek and not taken seriously. The recurring joke is that they are making a list based on "science" when it's very obviously just their own personal preferences.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see Jeff, Ben, and Jason take on the funky bootlegs of Street Fighter II, like Rainbow Edition.

Oct 27, 2017
Shame that Toshinden 2 didn't get the true science it deserved.

It would've ranked higher scientifically if they would've played 2 Plus and played as the boss characters.