• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, I want to question this list.

On the other, I want to respect the hell out of it due to Rival Schools currently being listed as #1.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
no vf 4 which blew tekken 4 and 5 out of the water
no soulcLibur 2
no smash.. bunch of obscure games.. eh..
giantbomb is really weird sometimes

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only ever played the RPG mode in Ergheiz. Sometimes it was cool to fight Sephi-chan vs Cloud or whatever but that was about it when it came to the main game itself.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Does Ehrgeiz actually qualify as a fighting game?

If you are interested in playing Star Gladiator/Plasma Sword, play the sequel. It's a huge improvement in gameplay, in graphics (like the jump from SF EX to EX2), more characters and it runs at 60 fps.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i need to mark this thread in my post history, this is pretty cool

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil

c899af44-c843-4f87-82ed-19794c164f42.png

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Does Ehrgeiz actually qualify as a fighting game?

Yes, though it's much more apparent in the original arcade version. I remember when our arcade got it, I played it quite a bit since it was a combination of 2 things I love, Namco fighting games and FF7. I think I may have only seen 2-3 other people come up and play me, what a dud.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They haven't tackled Tobal No. 1, aka the game that came with the Final Fantasy demo, yet, to complete the trifecta of PS1 3D fighting games.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They loaded the full list during the most recent episode, and I feel like the order of the list has changed. But, what's displayed is the official version, so I've updated the order to match what was shown.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Ah, I see, so it's just a running ranking. Are they just doing random picks for what to play next, then?
Maybe they tease it on their personal twitter accounts, but whenever a new episode is up, that's the most heads-up I've personally seen. Considering how much weird obscure shit they've played, I'm not sure announcing ahead of time would do much.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
That's an unusual list, but I like it. Rival Schools was for it's time the total package. Funnily enough I have played most of these games and it's good that some of them get exposure today. I have honestly forgotten about many of these, so that's nice to be reminded of them. Better than the usual/ current SF Tekken MK lists making the rounds.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I read through every page of this thread and it's just incredible. Ranking of Fighters got me back into GB in a way I haven't been in years. It's a great series.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure what the point of this thread is, you can't really argue science.

I'm catching up, only on episode 8, so I got a ways to go.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I sure wish I understood what happened to Dream Factory after Tobal 2. T2 is one of the best fighters of its generation and one of the most forward thinking as well, which still holds up really well today. Then everything they made after that one has been trash.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Other than Wargods not appearing in the top ten, I think I'm fine with their rankings.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ben continues to get no respect and no lab coat.

Regarding Terry Bogard fighting in the bull fighting ring:
tenor.gif

I really want that Fatal Cuties hat.