• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Ultimate Battle 22?!?!? All Systems Goku has gone too far. Where the hell is DBGT on that list?

/s

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
It's more like Giantbomb was doing a cool thing with it's fans that they understood in context, and bringing the list here was unnecessary. Giantbomb has it's own forums for discussion and none of this confusion would exist there. But I guess OP wanted a laugh because that's all you could get by posting this here. This is a list with secret rules that only people that follow Giantbomb would even know.

1314028.gif

BDubsLegend

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Or you know...by reading the OP....
Title is misleading, op is mostly misleading except for one line and the ranking is not even the point of the video series. So op leads with a title that really misses the point, doesn't explain till the end what the rules are, and color it in a way that looks like a meme instead of just mentioning that key fact from the start. Ok

Oct 25, 2017
I started watching this video series because of this post. I usually just listen to the Bombcast rather than watching video.

It's pretty entertaining for a video series of people gaming. I should throw these guys money for a short-term sub.

Also, I love that they're hitting all of these older fighting games that people have long since forgotten about like TMNT Tournament Fighters (the good), Masters of Teras Kasi (the bad), and Fight Club (the ugly).

It also makes me want to dig out the OG Xbox and play some SvC Chaos on my crappy fight stick.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Title is misleading, op is mostly misleading except for one line and the ranking is not even the point of the video series. So op leads with a title that really misses the point, doesn't explain till the end what the rules are, and color it in a way that looks like a meme instead of just mentioning that key fact from the start. Ok
Title is perfectly accurate ("currently"), the OP makes it abundantly clear and explains it twice (once at the very start), and the only reason why it's colored like that is because people didn't read it at first so it was edited.

OP
OP
SteveWinwood

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
im genuinely confused as to what you would have had me done

I don't think anything is misleading. slightly tongue in cheek in parts sure, but i never lied about anything. you keep talking about rules... there's not really any rules it's just a list of things they play and then order, which i mentioned twice, once in rainbow at the end because for some reason people kept missing it

if anything the title is simply an invitation to get people to read more about a topic, not an excuse to skip most of the information, so even if it was misleading that's hardly an excuse to be illiterate

i mean if you don't like it you're welcome to not post. most other people don't seem to have a problem with it and you're the only one who thinks it's some big conspiracy to be able to laugh at others

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I started watching this video series because of this post. I usually just listen to the Bombcast rather than watching video.

It's pretty entertaining for a video series of people gaming. I should throw these guys money for a short-term sub.

Also, I love that they're hitting all of these older fighting games that people have long since forgotten about like TMNT Tournament Fighters (the good), Masters of Teras Kasi (the bad), and Fight Club (the ugly).

It also makes me want to dig out the OG Xbox and play some SvC Chaos on my crappy fight stick.

Their UPF show is the only reason I stay subscribed; it's so chill and I love it

BDubsLegend

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
im genuinely confused as to what you would have had me done

I don't think anything is misleading. slightly tongue in cheek in parts sure, but i never lied about anything. you keep talking about rules... there's not really any rules it's just a list of things they play and then order, which i mentioned twice, once in rainbow at the end

if anything the title is simply and invitation to get people to read more about a topic, not an excuse to get to skip most of the information, so even if it was misleading that's hardly an excuse to be illiterate

i mean if you don't like it you're welcome to not post. most other people don't seem to have a problem with it and you're the only one who thinks it's some big conspiracy to be able to laugh at others
I don't have a problem with it. It's clearly something done to be fun and funny but you presented it like some definitive list. Que people coming in and saying the list is trash then getting rebuffed with read the op guys! It's whatever really I didn't fall for it the first time around and would have left it alone if not for the 5 or 6 people that quoted me implying my reading comprehension was off.

In the end its whatever. I just understand this as look at this list of wacky fighting games ordered by how we liked them. Not a list of the best fighting games ever.

Enjoy your list.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
First game they'll play that will dethrone Rival Schools? I'm saying a King of Fighters, it's about time.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit. Turtles Tournament Fighters and Fighter's Destiny(Aska and Pierre main). So much of my childhood/teen years. Now we just need Mace: The Dark Age and Clayfighter 63 1/3. Of course I played pretty much every popular fighter ever too.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Smash Brothers isn't in the top 3. What an objectively stupid list.
Smash Bros is not classified as a fighting game per the highly scientific method that the Fighting Game Experts over at Giant Bomb use to produce this list. Thus, it is not qualified to be ranked. It's unfortunate, but in order to make the rankings as objective as possible, some sacrifices had to be made.

It's a slippery slope. If we allow Smash on the list, then we open the door to games such as Playstation All-Stars. And nobody wants that.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I mean it's almost like posters expect people to read the whole op or something.

pauloshinobi

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Thanks for ruining a great thread idea, OP.

And for everyone else: You just can't argue against SCIENCE!!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Smash Bros is not classified as a fighting game per the highly scientific method that the Fighting Game Experts over at Giant Bomb use to produce this list. Thus, it is not qualified to be ranked. It's unfortunate, but in order to make the rankings as objective as possible, some sacrifices had to be made.

It's a slippery slope. If we allow Smash on the list, then we open the door to games such as Playstation All-Stars. And nobody wants that.

PS All Stars deserves to be number one on the list, easily.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I've watched a few of these videos now, and I like them. It's a fun way of framing impressions of old games, many of which fallen into obscurity over time or were never that well known in the first place.

I'm glad to see that they played Fighters Destiny. I didn't think it was great the last time I played it, but a 9-or-so-year-old me liked it a lot, and thus I still have fond memories of the game. I hope they get around to playing The Last Blade 2 at some point, too. That's one of my personal all-time favourites.

Oct 26, 2017
Giving almost an hour to some of those games is much more than they deserve, but it's fun to see some games that were best forgotten by time.

Also, they could obviously play Third Strike or Soul Calibur and put them on top and then never ever move them, but what's the fun in that? Everyone knows the top 20 or so fighters, let's see which of the average or shitty games are less shitty. Sometimes they surprise me, like Critical Blow which I'd actually like to track down.

OP
OP
SteveWinwood

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
hi friends

just for the last few weeks:
Ranking of Fighters 0018: Battle Fantasia & Best of Best

Ranking of Fighters 0019: Deadliest Warriors: Legends & Sonic the Fighters

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I think they were a bit too harsh in today's episode. Deadliest Warrior deserved to be Top 30 and Sonic The Fighters Top 25

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
I'm surprised they were so hard on Deadliest Warrior. My brother-in-law and I had a lot of fun playing it. Yeah, it's not good but it's so goofy it's a blast. Especially with slice mode on.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they were so hard on Deadliest Warrior. My brother-in-law and I had a lot of fun playing it. Yeah, it's not good but it's so goofy it's a blast. Especially with slice mode on.

Yeah, agreed, It's at least fun to dick around with locally for an hour or two. Unlike, say, Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 which is just miserable through and though.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Giant Bomb addresses the controversy regarding their scientific list (timestamp at 2:34:34 if link doesn't work).