• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I bought Vasara collection and so far q-byte did an amazing job with those ports, also they sold it for 5 dollars if you bought in as a pre order. If they offer the same deal for Breakers Collection is going to be amazing.

Is kinda random that Qbyte decided to focus on Visco IP. By the way, what is Visco doing right now? I read somewhere than Sammy bought them but so far it seems like they still exist

Dlent

Nov 2, 2017
Cross posting from the Touhou topic. It's too late to sign up, but you can still tune into the stream.

There's going to be an online tournament this weekend celebrating the tenth anniversary of Hisoutensoku. The event will be streamed, with prizes for the winner, and a raffle for any participants. It's apparently going to be the biggest Soku tournament ever, as it's at nearly a hundred entrants now, so check it out!

https://hisouten.challonge.com/hisou10

Stream link. Starts August 17, 2019 at 2:00 PM EDT

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god thank you for that. Tuning in now.

Fuck this is hype. Dashes goin through projectiles and some projectiles canceling ornpiercing leads to crazy dashing around. Plus bullet grazing is nuts as it leads to melee cancelled punishes or resources games. Please god make a thread. This needs front paged.
Cross posting from the Touhou topic. It's too late to sign up, but you can still tune into the stream.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
New battle for the grid 1.4 patch means you can't just confirm off of Ranger Slayer's arrow into slide anymore plus the scaling means her generally long relaunch combos that are typically just slide, launcher, jL,Jm *REPEAT* result in huge scaling and little damage.
I went to the lab to try and find a shorter more damaging combo with better utility today and found it.

I can't just slide after standing arrows all day. So I just took a simple confirm of any light attack and made this.
L,L,crM, Launcher *jump*.jL,Jm,M, S

Damage is nice but it leaves you in such great positioning for zero bar with no assist requirements.
If you fuckup and only hit M once in air and do Jm S it ends in a mixup for a nice reset opportunity. This is as easy and consistent as I can make it. Sucks I dont have the juicy long range confirm of arrow into slide anymore and relaunch stuff seems kinda detrimental for her since her damage is so low the scaling hurts. Now though I have an easier combo and it nets me nice utility. Not really hard to add a hit or so to this or turn it into something ending in super either. If you are charged shell do too many arrows in the jM part so instead you need to start with magic series into launcher so she burns the arrow charges going into it.

I start popping assists like Dragon Armor Trini or some shit to extend into super with assists extensions and this thing will get nuts. As is its such a versatile beginner chunk to work with I think I'll make it my new go to piece to memorize.

Last edited:

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally gave Tekken the old college try, this game is fun as hell. I wish I got into Tekken sooner, it's pretty overwhelming to learn but just hitting buttons can be fun too haha.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
PSA
Power Ranger Battle for the Grid
this sale is on switch eshop too. :)

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, finally! I'll definitely double dip, as this Power Rangers fighter is pretty dang fun.

Crossplay between PC, Xbox and Switch! No PS4 crossplay.
Same . I rock a GPD win on offshift at work when I have a decent break. This thing is my jam already and I'd love to keep grinding combos and teams on my break. I keep wanting to make a team outta Drakkon with both the Pink Rangers since I'm getting good with them all but never combined em before. Think I'll call them Team Two in the Pink and One on the Brink.

Plus if its on steam I can play stick unlike on my Switch.

Last edited:

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good peripheral to play fighting games on switch in handheld mode? I have a converter to plug my stick at home but I never play those games in handheld mode because of the horrible "dpad" and I can't deal with the joystick. I'm looking at the hori dpad left joycon but I was wondering if theres anything better out there and if that dpad is any good for fighters.

Racketpunch

Oct 26, 2017
Finally, a release date! I was hoping it would be sooner since I've been waiting to get my hands on this game. Would you say it's more similar to Marvel than DBFZ? Also, do you guys expect a big patch for the game before the PC release?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Man I think I might just avoid team fighters in the future. I think I just don't like them. I quit MvC3, I quit DBFZ for the most part, and I'm about to quit BBTAG. I just can't handle all this shit flying across the screen all at once.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Man I think I might just avoid team fighters in the future. I think I just don't like them. I quit MvC3, I quit DBFZ for the most part, and I'm about to quit BBTAG. I just can't handle all this shit flying across the screen all at once.

Yeah I want BBTAG for the persona characters but I have a hard time handling

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Might try kof. Its 3 man teams but its survival style no assist or tag (in most games unlike kof11). You get the fun "I like 3 dudes" thing but its one on one with meter and health carrying over between rounds. You can fuck up on two rounds and have your anchor stacked on meter to run the whole thing back. Its pretty sweet.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish 2v2 tag without assists (closer to MvC1 - yes I know it had assists but you know what I mean - or SFxT) were more common. The Marvel 2 style of team fighting isn't for me.

KoF and Project Justice teams are cool too, though PJ is weird in the sense you don't have to switch characters.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly do not know why 3v3 kof style is not a mode option in most fighting games. The meter carry is really the main draw. I usually run a battery on point to. Build meter and just see how far I get and put the meter demanding high damage dude as anchor. It's not a super technical meta to designing teams and it doesnt force massive problems with swapping out team members really. In a game of dramatic have and have nots though it could turn into runaways of the same 3 dudes but imo dont design shit without universal options to prevent that before you make movesets.