Fighting Games Era |OT| Two-Button Dashes Are Great

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I bought Vasara collection and so far q-byte did an amazing job with those ports, also they sold it for 5 dollars if you bought in as a pre order. If they offer the same deal for Breakers Collection is going to be amazing.

Is kinda random that Qbyte decided to focus on Visco IP. By the way, what is Visco doing right now? I read somewhere than Sammy bought them but so far it seems like they still exist

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Holy shit, I was actually RIGHT!?

This can only mean one thing.

Breaker's Revenge will find a new life in the modern day.

Dlent

Nov 2, 2017
Cross posting from the Touhou topic. It's too late to sign up, but you can still tune into the stream.

There's going to be an online tournament this weekend celebrating the tenth anniversary of Hisoutensoku. The event will be streamed, with prizes for the winner, and a raffle for any participants. It's apparently going to be the biggest Soku tournament ever, as it's at nearly a hundred entrants now, so check it out!

https://hisouten.challonge.com/hisou10

Stream link. Starts August 17, 2019 at 2:00 PM EDT

shaowebb

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god thank you for that. Tuning in now.

Fuck this is hype. Dashes goin through projectiles and some projectiles canceling ornpiercing leads to crazy dashing around. Plus bullet grazing is nuts as it leads to melee cancelled punishes or resources games. Please god make a thread. This needs front paged.
Cross posting from the Touhou topic. It's too late to sign up, but you can still tune into the stream.

Last edited:

shaowebb

Oct 25, 2017
New battle for the grid 1.4 patch means you can't just confirm off of Ranger Slayer's arrow into slide anymore plus the scaling means her generally long relaunch combos that are typically just slide, launcher, jL,Jm *REPEAT* result in huge scaling and little damage.
I went to the lab to try and find a shorter more damaging combo with better utility today and found it.

I can't just slide after standing arrows all day. So I just took a simple confirm of any light attack and made this.
L,L,crM, Launcher *jump*.jL,Jm,M, S

Damage is nice but it leaves you in such great positioning for zero bar with no assist requirements.
If you fuckup and only hit M once in air and do Jm S it ends in a mixup for a nice reset opportunity. This is as easy and consistent as I can make it. Sucks I dont have the juicy long range confirm of arrow into slide anymore and relaunch stuff seems kinda detrimental for her since her damage is so low the scaling hurts. Now though I have an easier combo and it nets me nice utility. Not really hard to add a hit or so to this or turn it into something ending in super either. If you are charged shell do too many arrows in the jM part so instead you need to start with magic series into launcher so she burns the arrow charges going into it.

I start popping assists like Dragon Armor Trini or some shit to extend into super with assists extensions and this thing will get nuts. As is its such a versatile beginner chunk to work with I think I'll make it my new go to piece to memorize.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Still waiting for that Power Rangers Steam release @[email protected]

Vampire Hunter/Darkstalkers' Revenge matches

Last Blade 2 matches

3+ Hours of Street Fighter III 3S

90+ mins. of Super Street Fighter II Turbo

3+ Garou MotW

3+ Hours of Melty Blood

Oct 27, 2017
Finally gave Tekken the old college try, this game is fun as hell. I wish I got into Tekken sooner, it's pretty overwhelming to learn but just hitting buttons can be fun too haha.