• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Armor, Mystic Force White and Cenozoic Blue were the free ones, I think.
Zeo Gold, Time Force Pink and Zedd were the Season Pass ones. Dunno if there's more to come in the same season.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Dragon Armor, Mystic Force White and Cenozoic Blue were the free ones, I think.
Zeo Gold, Time Force Pink and Zedd were the Season Pass ones. Dunno if there's more to come in the same season.
Thanks. Hoping st least 3 more get announces. I would get the $40 ver. On pc but would like to know what is in store for the future.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing more KOF, mostly '98 and 2002 on Fightcade but since my last post, I'd say I improved a bit especially when it comes to link moves together. Still rough but it's to be expected. I'll say, characters I like to pick sure love to gain/lose moves across games lol.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Been playing more KOF, mostly '98 and 2002 on Fightcade but since my last post, I'd say I improved a bit especially when it comes to link moves together. Still rough but it's to be expected. I'll say, characters I like to pick sure love to gain/lose moves across games lol.
You are a yashiro main then i take it? ;p

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
You are a yashiro main then i take it? ;p
Hehe nah, haven't tried him much!
I have a few I shift between. Terry is one I pick often though his moves doesn't really changes. Clark likes to gain/lose some moves in 2002 I like the multiple grapple move you can do by tapping down twice and either A, B or C but it's not in '98, instead he has that weird air-grab that whiff most of the time and is unsafe as hell. Takuma is super fun but he constantly change move and he's got them SNK inputs! I use King a lot too, she's always fun.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Oh yeah Takuma is a noticable change from 98 to 02.
Robert got hsi movelists changed up in a variety of gsmes he has been in

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've always been fascinated with how they've treated Robert in KOF. I don't think he plays the same in any game of the series, at least after 98. The commands changes, the properties change, one day he's Guile, the other day he's a rushdown combo monster...
I don't think even Yuri changes as much. At least her fundamental remain somewhat constant, with a few new jokes added and removed from game to game.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah Takuma is a noticable change from 98 to 02.
Yeah like, in 2002 his qcb + B or D is a flurry of kicks but in 98' he just runs at the opponent, grab and bicycle kick them and that's on-top of the SNK inputs that constantly changes. I haven't played every single entry of KOF but I know in XIII he retains move from 2002.

I think super best friends mentionned this in one of their videos, where SNK characters have a tendencies of always changing.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
The best Terry change is having Rising Taco not be a charge move 👀
Take back your evil statements. I buffer that shit all day between moves and it gives his crouching block a ridiculous threat to jump ins and hoppers hoping to fish for an overhead on him. Anything less than charge move and you slow down the ability to react with it.

Best Terry change would be safe on block burn knuckle because where you runnin when this fist is comin.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Cross posting this insanity to give folks an idea of just how crazy they might go for kof15.

I saw someone post this....thing on their social media earlier. Omega Orochi Cyber Rugal.
It was something from kof destiny mobile in china.

Also I swear I play different kof folk based on controller. Stick Andy is fine but hitbox Andy and I fuck up zaneiken because diagonals are now two button inputs causing drops.
Least K' and Ein trigger still solid for me.
This hitbox kof is gonna take me some time. Least my hop game is better so far. Movement counts for a lot in kof.
Hope I'm ready on this thing by then lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Preeetty sure you can quickly slide (like aB in SoulCalibur) the two directions to make the diagonal for zaneiken register if you are unsure about hitting two buttons at the same time. Not 100% sure because some KoFs are strict as hell with their inputs lol

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cross posting this insanity to give folks an idea of just how crazy they might go for kof15.

I saw someone post this....thing on their social media earlier. Omega Orochi Cyber Rugal.
It was something from kof destiny mobile in china.

What the hell is that Chizuru costume. I thought China had laws against that. Gross.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
So like Libra mode in SCVI can be so frustrating honestly... There are some horrible modifiers. I hate when fighting games have modifiers in their SP

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is that Chizuru costume. I thought China had laws against that. Gross.
Did you know extremely popular military loli gacha mobile games Azur Lane and Girls' Frontline (which includes the girls clothes being ripped when they take enough damage) are Chinese? I don't think China cares if Chizuru is showing some leg.

Deleted member 22405

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm too hyper about what the new Guilty Gear is possibly going to add or remove. I doubt we'll see any characters till November, though.

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm too hyper about what the new Guilty Gear is possibly going to add or remove. I doubt we'll see any characters till November, though.
Ya'll got any of that Guilty Gear info?

source.gif

Deleted member 22405

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
well it is a Japanese event. so it could just be 25 minute's of pointless talking and a 5 minute presentation.
DON'T DO THIS. Why are Japanese presentations like this? I still remember how awful the SoulCalibur presentation for 2B was, where Yoko Taro was like, "I'm here!" and then LEAVES before it actually starts to give us an hour of talking and 30 seconds of the character.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Did Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate just add a King of Fighters K' costume to someone!?
Does this mean someday I may see a kof musou title? Oh please let this be happening...

Oct 26, 2017
White hair, tan, openzipped to stomach, red gloves, black leather , AND orange lenses glasses?
That's a helluva coincidence there. Sorry but I dont buy it. This thing is K'. Wish I had the transcript to know if this is some snk promotion with koei or something. They do a LOT of that.

I definitely saw the resemblance, but I feel it is just that--a coincidence. Tecmo-Koei wanted their Hades character to look like a punk biker, and that's what they came up with.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely saw the resemblance, but I feel it is just that--a coincidence. Tecmo-Koei wanted their Hades character to look like a punk biker, and that's what they came up with.
So not officially an snk tie in but most definitely a knockoff lol. Well they were sure blatant about it. Even did a K' pose.
Course given SNK's history of making someone look like someone else's property they'd probably admire that.
Tetsuo, Baki Hanma, Simon Yuen, Master Roshi, Freddy Kruger...they got a tendency to straight Jack designs for tribute characters without permission.
Though strangely enough G Mantle predates anonymous but not the original issue based runs of V for Vendetta. It's up in the air if hes based even slightly on V or around Guy Faulks intentionally. I think he was an ad mascot inspired by tuxedo mask
Theres an interview somewhere that went into his design story.

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
K' is already a knock off of Cool from Daraku Tenshi, so is fair that someone else decided to copy him

Thomasorus

Oct 26, 2017
There is no proof that styleos was the character designer of Daraku Tenshi. There's nothing proving it and nothing not proving it.

The things we know:
- The main illustrator is Morioka Shinichi
- The art director is Mitsuo Kodama (in this tweet he says he created Taro Cool and Carlos)
- Styleos was doing fanart of the game (this one and this one are some of it) on his blog at the time

Don't believe everything you read on the internet!

Deleted member 22405

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Feels like a stupid question but does anybody know if SoulCalibur's save editor to make uploading and downloading CaS is safe to use? Would be nice to be able to backup my save, too, after the recent update deleted all my creations.

Nevermind, I understand how it works now.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
So someone made a you're in charge of the next capcom fighter thread. I went with Capcom vs CAPCOM. A versus series game where the theme is classic capcom properties vs modern capcom properties. Threw in some fun stuff like stages have modern and 8bit versions along with weird mini games like Rathalos vs the car in SF2 and whatever. Tons of modes.

Anyhoo here is my post. I know we've all talked about this but what do you guys think of my hitlist of things I'd want and starting/dlc roster?

Capcom vs CAPCOM
*premise is classic arcade old school capcom vs modern day capcom to showcase their library as much as possible.

• 3v3 game with assists
  • each character has 3 assists to choose from OR you can choose to instead select an assist item from a universal list instead of using any of the chosen character's assist moves. This mitigates shoehorning players of one character into forced partnerships with others
  • game has the KOF style hop, short hop, super hop system so that folks aren't as easy to read and punish on jumps
  • has 60 frame dodge rolls like KOF to give a universal left right mixup to all cast members. A universal way in vs zoning that doesn't negate zoning tools and is still punishable if they throw this longwinded throw vulnerable tool out there willy nilly instead of using proper reads.
  • DOES NOT HAVE PUSHBLOCKING REFLECT PROJECTILES. That shit negated most zoning options in mvci leavin only select characters with tools around it viable at zoning. Fuck that. Dodge rolls, hop system and proper reads are how I dealt with this shit. Youre welcome zoners.
  • tag system from MVCI still intact so you can create your own stuff free form
  • 2 bar burst system and Baroque are back from TVC. Thats right. You can burst but you sacrifice a ton of meter to do it so its not spammable. Also you can use the baroque system to cancel moves to make them safe but at the sacrifice of all your red health. If used in combo the amount of red health denotes the amount of damage buff the combo receives and once you drop the combo its over. So like in TVC you can choose to heal up and go for more chances at damage then or you can choose to sacrifice your red health and get all your damage at once.
  • super jumps and air dashes exist
  • normal pushblock is in
  • wavedashing is in. Suck it up and get mental
  • some characters will have counters.
STAGES AND MODES
  • Stages are a mix of pixel style 2d stages based on classic capcom titles and 3d ones based off of newer stuff. Every stage has both a classic and 3d version of itself even if it was a game that never existed in 8bit eras (monster hunter 8bit stages, Ghosts n Goblins 3d stages etc)
  • 1v1 no assist mode. This mode has no assists, no super jumps, no air dashes and far more life granted to players
  • 2v2 tag mode. This mode has no assists and uses a tag system and a large shared life bar similar to Tekken Tag games. Uses some SFxTekken tag mechanics like hitting H twice midcombo triggers a switch to partner
  • 2v2 Tag/Assist mode. This mode is 2v2 with two life bars and assists. This mode does not have sfxtekken style tag tools and instead is more like a TVC style match.
  • 3v3 Gauntlet style mode. This mode has no tags and no assists. This mode is KOF style and meter carries over between rounds and health rounds up. Plays like a 3 man team version of 1v1 mode
  • 3v3 Gauntlet tag mode. This mode is like the above mode but has tag mechanics like KOF 11. No assists and plays by the 1v1 mode rules of no superjumps or airdashes.
  • Special Card Battle mode. This mode has each match based upon characters and themes from past Capcom games. Its exactly like Smash Bros spirit battles in that manner and you gain spirits that allow you to customize the rules and options you have in this mode. This mode lets you build decks of spirits like in UMVC3 Heroes and Heralds mode to enjoy online or locally as well. This is pretty much your grind for loot mode. All "spirits" collected appear as a model or sprite that you can view in a display room later
  • Story mode. Branching paths, alternate endings, cut scenes and a ton of stages to navigate to across a map similar to the smash bros ultimate story mode. Lots of variety here as matches may have very strange rules or other properties. Unlock characters, stages, and ability cards the longer you play. All characters are available from the start in all modes except this.
  • mini game mode. Unlock as you play Story mode mini games. These are mini games based on various capcom titles. You may have to play a boss battle from Megaman, or a silly minigame like having Rathalos destroy the car from Street Fighter 2.
  • Arcade mode. Choose a team and make it through the ladder and face the boss at the end. Each character has their own silly comic book style ending and unlockable spirit card ability to use in other modes
  • training mode ryhthm game! Combos are like rhythm games. See a ghost of a character perform a combo as the inputs scroll by. Tackle each combo challenge at various speeds until able to perform at full speed for points to spend on spirit cards usable in other modes. You can also upload your own combos to the online network to share with people and try to tackle combos others have created as well. You can search for combos based on character or character pairings, based on damage, or based on assists
  • training mode regular. standard fair. Programmable AI, lists high/mid/ lows, lists damage, has a hitbox/hurtbox viewer for players, and has all the other goodies you can want
  • ALL MODES HAVE AN ONLINE MODE AND ONLINE IS GGPO
ROSTER
50 at launch. A mix of classic and current capcom. All will be modeled in 3d to keep art direction on point. Only stages have a classic options. However the roster will be split up as a classic vs new theme.
Capcom Classic Roster
  1. Ryu from SF3 (complete with counters)
  2. Oro from SF3 (complete with counters)
  3. Gill from SF 3 (complete with counters)
  4. Phobos from Darkstalkers
  5. Q. Bee from Darkstalkers
  6. Morrigan from Darkstalkers
  7. Haggar from Final Fight
  8. Arthur from Ghosts N Goblins
  9. Megaman from Megaman
  10. Protoman from Megaman
  11. Dr Wily from Megaman
  12. Megaman x from Megaman X
  13. Zero from Megaman X
  14. Sigma from Megaman X
  15. Captain Commando from Captain Commando
  16. Jin Saotome from Cyberbots
  17. Hayato from Star Gladiator
  18. Son Son from MVC2
  19. Ruby Heart from MVC2
  20. Franziska von Karma from Ace Attorney series
  21. Rouge from Power Stone
  22. Batsu from Rival Schools
  23. Ryu from Breath of Fire
  24. Nina from Breath of Fire
  25. Billy Bob the gunslinger from Gun Smoke (every vs game has a weird left fielder)
CAPCOM current gen roster
  1. Gene from Godhand
  2. Asura from Asuras Wrath
  3. Wesker from Resident Evil
  4. William Augustus Gray from Dark Void
  5. Vergil from Devil May Cry
  6. Nero from Devil May Cry
  7. Dante from Devil May Cry
  8. Lady from Devil May Cry
  9. Jill Valentine from Resident Evil
  10. Monster Hunter from Monster Hunter
  11. Amaterasu from Okami
  12. Viewtiful Joe from Viewtiful Joe
  13. Frank West from Dead Rising
  14. Rashid from SFV
  15. Juri from SFIV (with projectiles and focus attack back on deck)
  16. G from SFV
  17. C.Viper from SFIV (with all umvc3 tricks)
  18. Ken from SFV
  19. Akuma from SFIV (with focus attack)
  20. Regina from Dino Crisis
  21. Leon from Resident Evil
  22. Tyrant from Resident Evil (the mutated T-103 Mr.X)
  23. Kaijin no Soki from Onimusha
  24. Date Masamune from Sengoku Basara
  25. Wayne Holden from Lost Planet
DLC
  • Amingo from MVC2
  • Captain Silver from Battle Circuit
  • Yellow Iris from Battle Circuit
  • Chun Li from SF3 (complete with counters)
  • Cammy from SFV
  • Poison from SFV
  • Felyne from Monster Hunter
  • Spencer from Bionic Commando but with Classic outfit

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad Master Cup is old ass Tekken instead of good ass Tekken.

S2 up to Julia no Negan