• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really care about the roster of the next KoF, they just have to nail the netcode and don't make stupid decisions like killing the online by fragmenting it by little zones, but prioritizing pings.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At my locals, our consistently best player was a Slayer player. He has weaknesses (like everybody else), but he also melts people. Don't you want to do this to people?

bruh
So, I want to make another attempt to get into GG, but the character I want to learn, Slayer, is super low tier. Should I even make an attempt?
I highly recommend slayer. He is a pretty simple character for new player to learn. Like it was said earlier in the thread, Low tier in GG doesn't mean unwinnable.

Last edited:

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
bruh

I highly recommend slayer. He is a pretty simple character for new player to learn. Like it was said earlier in the thread, Low tier in GG doesn't mean unwinnable.

Welp, went through the tutorial. Still having a little bit of an issue with combos in that I'm either too quick or too slow on the next input, but otherwise I get it. I did play a lot of Accent Core (by myself) so I've got all his specials in my brain, but the actual execution is still getting me. I would play online, but there is no one on right now on the east coast. And I can't wire up my PS4 until Monday.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
At my locals, our consistently best player was a Slayer player. He has weaknesses (like everybody else), but he also melts people. Don't you want to do this to people?

Dad shattered his ankle today, saw this and finally smiled and couldnt stop laughing. Feeling a lot better after seeing that lol. Thanks for posting it. I needed that.

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot to post it here when I finished it up, but made another tutorial video if anybody is interested-

As always, probably basic enough that it wouldn't really be helpful to people in this thread, but comments and criticism are always welcome.

Just wanted to give a shout out to the insane work on the editing and production of your videos.

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, went through the tutorial. Still having a little bit of an issue with combos in that I'm either too quick or too slow on the next input, but otherwise I get it. I did play a lot of Accent Core (by myself) so I've got all his specials in my brain, but the actual execution is still getting me. I would play online, but there is no one on right now on the east coast. And I can't wire up my PS4 until Monday.
East Cost Online GG is pretty dead until after school/work hours. PC at least, dunno about PS4.

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
Dad shattered his ankle today, saw this and finally smiled and couldnt stop laughing. Feeling a lot better after seeing that lol. Thanks for posting it. I needed that.

Glad it brightened your day. GcYoshi is an amazing madman, haha.

Just wanted to give a shout out to the insane work on the editing and production of your videos.

Thanks! I'm still not sure whether I know what I'm doing, haha.

Oct 25, 2017
Around once a month there is a thread about difficulty in fighting games and it's always a ride
Sajam commented on it too lol

(and not to toot my own horn, but like in the first months of ERA we had a thread on execution and I basically argued the same thing he did, to dismay of many people saying the genre is archaic artificial bullshit)

Oct 25, 2017
Rivals of Aether devs streamed themselves competing with the fan made characters from the first days of the Steam Workshop beta:

Good times were had.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I played dozens of fighting games in the 90s, I only learnt about framedata in the early 00s. You dont need any of that to learn a fighting game.

In Street Fighter 2:
-Did you know that Zangief's crouch fierce beats most jumping attacks?
-Did you know that the shoto's standing short or standing forward beats a lot of standing attacks, including all the normal kicks of dictator?

No Framedata nor training mode will teach you any of that. Play the game, win, lose, play the game, experiment, be creative.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
How is that game these days? I don't think characters even spoke in combat when it launched but now I noticed they do.

It's one of the biggest labors of love I've seen from a dev in a long time. I'm buying all their passes just out respect, even if I'm terrible at tag fighters and am ambivalent about Power Rangers.

Here's Max making it look way better than I could

Last edited:

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
I played dozens of fighting games in the 90s, I only learnt about framedata in the early 00s. You dont need any of that to learn a fighting game.

In Street Fighter 2:
-Did you know that the shoto's standing short or standing forward beats a lot of standing attacks, including all the normal kicks of dictator?

No Framedata nor training mode will teach you any of that. Play the game, win, lose, play the game, experiment, be creative.

I agree that people might get hung up on frame data when they've got bigger fish to fry, but frame data matters a lot more in SFV as opposed to ST. The design of the games themselves has changed.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I forgot about the other events going on this weekend. What do you guys think about converting the CEOtaku thread into a thread for REVmajor and the Street Fighter tournament as well?

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
power rangers tourney great so far

about to get into losers finals then grand
Great shit in grand finals. Dacidbro really beginning to show off how scary doggie is.
Absolutely loved seeing the Gia Moran combos in loser's finals. They are so simple and amazing feeling to do. Essentially do her grapple special into lows then launcher jMjH M,M and shoot for loops if I remember the jump part right.
She gets slept on for the new hotness every time a character drops but legit her and Red have remained top tiers since launch though Gia lacks a lot of utility as an assist outside of gtfo purposes. They've slowly risen higher since magna got a bit more fair.

Such a fun game to do combos in. So excited folks are showing up in force lately to support it.

Oct 25, 2017
Did you ever beat someone in a multiplayer game so bad they quit, went to play a single player game and kept insulting you over voice chat for destroying their will during a saturday?

I just did and it's glorious.

(Best part is my friend went to play Slay the Spire and just commented he had draw 2 Flexes and 3 Angers lmao)

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Oh seeing as I mentioned Soulcalibur early thought I'd share something. I know there was a post about Tekken music getting added to streaming platforms earlier in the year (I'm using Amazon Music) but I've just discovered that all the Soulcalibur OST's have also been added!

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
pc5xGbb.png

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Get power rangers battle for the grid. Inputs are simple but the open ended. nature of what you can do is some of the best around. Plus fantastic support. A must have.
Blaz blue cross tag for very similar reasons as well cept its anime.

Both of those work well with switch pro controllers or should they prefer horizontal arcade sticks...those are pricey as all hell though so controller pads for switch is totally fine for these titles.

Skip snk tag heroines.

Blade Strangers is good. Got shovel knight binding of isaac, cave story folk, 1001 spikes dude and some umihara kawase and code of princess folk if you got big indie fans. Again...controller friendly easy inputs.

Smash bros. Adaptors. Classic cube controller stuff. Nuff said bout this obvious winner.

Guilty gear 20th anniversary if you want some top tier arc sys greatness but I will say it's best on a stick.

Eshop has a shitload of samsho, king of fighters, last blade and good ol Garou mark of the wolves and real bout fatal fury. GRAB ANY OF THESE.
All are amazing.

Dragon ball fighter z. It's amazing. Good on any stick or pad. Do it.

Blazblue central fiction special edition. It's amazing and has an amazing roster that does amazing things. Good on pad but great on stick.

Kamen rider climax scramble. It's an import arena battler that's only if your crew is huge sentai or toku fans. ...and if they are power rangers instead of this one lol.
Thank you for the recommendations! I may look into some of those if this thing takes off.

I'm looking to supply a couple of controllers (not sticks for space/portability reasons).
But maybe it would be better to let people simply bring their own. Is there a universal adapter that might work with USB or pads from other consoles (long shot; not even sure if this is okay...)

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Thank you for the recommendations! I may look into some of those if this thing takes off.

I'm looking to supply a couple of controllers (not sticks for space/portability reasons).
But maybe it would be better to let people simply bring their own. Is there a universal adapter that might work with USB or pads from other consoles (long shot; not even sure if this is okay...)

Brook makes adapters as well as universal fighting boards for stocks. The adapters you have to buy individually for other consoles, the board is universal.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017

In Street Fighter 2:

Exactly.

When I first got Street Fighter IV a decade ago my first online matches were intimidating because it's 1on1 and there's nobody to blame but yourself. After my first session I learned the following:
1. If you don't hold back once in a while you'll get blown up.
2. Learn to spot when it's "your turn".
3. Being able to consistently do a fireball to keep players out, punish with a simple fierce punch for +100 damage and have an anti-air button went a long way.

In my opinion that's all you need to start out in a fighting game.

edit:
ofcourse it helped that it was early days and you were likely to bump into other new players.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Loving the combo structure of bftg more and more.
At times I feel like I can juggle folks off normals as long as tekken once I get em in the air too. Easy relaunches, restands, bounce stuff...all that before I even do assist or super. I'm so glad. Means I can save my assists for setups instead of combos which is always better.

Got a recent quote on Dai shi and Eric Myers from battleforthegrid.com

"The evil spirit of an ancient eight-headed dragon, Dai Shi was imprisoned long ago until his seal was broken. Dai-Shi is a highly agile melee fighter that boasts unique movement options and attack angles unavailable to the rest of the cast. He is an effective fighter grounded or airborne."

"Eric Myers - Power Rangers Time Force (Available in October ) Eric Myers worked for the Silver Guardians as a simple soldier but eventually claimed the Quantum Ranger powers for himself and was able to travel back in time and claim the power of the Q-Rex Zord. Quantum Ranger is a long-range fighter that utilizes blaster shots and teleports to harass opponents from a distance. His offense greatly increases when his Quantum Defender is switched to blade mode."

Sounds hype as fuck. Maybe a black panther or akuma demon flip thing for Dai shi movement. Eric sounds like I'm about to create a new cable 4 shot team to harass with. If his sword is good enough Ranger Slayer may drop off my team.

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know where to vent this, but I'm going to pretend that is a fighting game

Neo Turf Masters ball physics are such bullshit

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit yall...nway is dropping teaser vids in the discord of something g they are working on for 1.6 at a later undetermined date.

OTG UPDATE.

Yall need to get in the discord and look for mp4 vids from nway in the character boards.
So far I've seen Drakkons teleport into low slide otg, Green Ranger air S knife dive otg and what appear to be new animations.
Dont know how long this beast will take to complete but holy shit this changes combo options even more and new animations is awesome. Loving the new second hit animation on ex genocide cutter.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Shady_K you mad man.
1.6 sneak peak notes

• mastodon sentry landmine can otg. in 1.5 they also added the ability to toss it near or far so he can long range otg off gun stuff soon
  • Drakkon has a new animation on Ex Genocide cutter and has a new OTG off of teleport into slide kick (M). Given how you can loop that move to continue juggles easily and how its a very fast long range tool he gained a very easy to abuse otg. Even if you drop now you'll get OTG and likely keep it rolling
  • Green Ranger can OTG off of AIR S knife dive. Thats a huge long range OTG so now you have a followup after you side kick folks making it a starter move!
  • Udonna can OTG off of her ourobourus ice balls
  • I swear the graphics look improved again somehow
  • Goldar can OTG off of seismic sword
  • Magna defender's overhead chop move otg's (not sure of input.) Also looked like maybe his air S had an otg but I'm unsure
  • Gia Moran air S rope sword attack can otg. Given she has a tendency to knock folks pretty far this is a much needed thing.
  • Ranger Slayer can OTG off of her arrow cancel from fwdS, her slide, as well as her super from the looks of it O_O
  • Ceno Blue's fully charged electric shockwave otg's
  • Doggie's Vajra move and his giant sword moves both otg
  • Trini Laser and air S all seem to OTG
Shady_K is just flooding teasers through out the Battle for the Grid discord for stuff in 1.6 thats being tested. How much they keep I have no clue, but this game is already bonkers and its bout to get even crazier. The new animations have me hype as hell too. I dream of the day that the Green Ranger ACTUALLY has a jump back spinning kick or dragon sweep since the dude would do like 2 jump spin kicks into the sweep every fight and in his debut literally would not stop doing the jump spin kick and would throw triples constantly.
They add that at any point in its lifespan and I will scream like a little kid.

Also get ready for my Drakkon. Dude finally clicked and I'm setting up a team with him Trini and I hope either Doggie or Eric Myers. Either way Drakkon with lasers means I'm gettin my left right mixup off teleport.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Lol. Goldar serving up 2 for 1 supers. Never seen a special counter a super like that.
Credit to streamer realbeej

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
The damage in BftG scares me honestly. Are people really ok with this dog doing like 98% combos?