• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 6 days, 7 hours, 2 minutes, 58 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

Fighting Games Era |OT| Two-Button Dashes Are Great

Scraftyko

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, one of most interesting potential of return to me is the Orochi team with Shermie, Chris and Yashiro. Admittedly, i'm very curious how they'll handle the roster. Like sibarraz said there's a lot of characters that are 100% sure to come back so...just gotta wait patiently for news to roll out.
If the Team New Faces makes it back in, I hope they sneak their Orochi versions in somehow as well (even if it has to be as like, an install super or something).

Orochi Yashiro is mad fun to play but Vanilla Yashiro is zzzzzzzzzzz

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone knows where I could find an updated tier list for KOF 2002 UM? I have seen lots of tournaments where even though the use of Nameless/K'/Kasumi, but also I have seen lots of characters that seem to fare well in tournaments.

Actually I like how balanced is 2002um, even if KKN are annoying as fuck, they are not invincible at all

shaowebb

Oct 25, 2017

Blazblue Central Fiction tourney at Frosty Faustings is awesome. Got a pair of BULLET mains actually doin cool shit. LTL and Candle in the stream keeping hope alive for butt floss mains.

My mains were in order Platinum, then it was Bullet then finally Mai once they was out. Im seeing 2 out of 3of those in top 12 now.

Last edited:

shaowebb

Oct 25, 2017
The yearly TVC tournament is back at Frosty Faustings and this is THE major that they all play. The unofficial championship for the game itself and this year it has KBEAST back in action!

5pm central (6 est)
BRACKET IS UP!

Last edited:

shaowebb

Oct 25, 2017
Power Rangers Battle for the Grid finally starting. I think I had it an hour off again. Anyhow here come the first Pro League tournament on the circuit for BFTG!
League Points getting awarded here.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Is Fighting Ex Layer dead? I don't hear about this game anymore. Is it any good? Is the online playable?

I really like the art style of this game but the animation is still stuck in the 90s. I wish KOF 14 looked like that.

Last edited:

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I never felt there was much hype for Evo Japan anyway, at least from a western point of view.
pretty much. There's hardly any western players going. It seems like it's hyped up from the Japan point of view at least since they had to put a cap on Smash with the crazy amount of people signing up for it.
Japan in general seems to be really, REALLY bad about making people aware of events in their scene. Even after moving here I hardly ever hear about events until a few days before or when they are already happening. Now with their esports push I figured it would be a bit better but nope.

EVO this year has the same place as TGS and feels like even less hype which is odd.