• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017

DpPIOoGU0AAfNYX.jpg:large
Those top 8 are way too early for Europe, guess I'll watch SFV Sunday, if I'm awake.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
WELL WELL WELL

dahbomb i want no less than 150 pages on the perfect marvel 4. apa format.
You don't need 150 pages on it. It's pretty obvious (at least to me).

*Don't bother with Marvel, just go all in on Capcom characters for a Capcom VS game so that as many Capcom characters get in. Capcom has enough slots to make a fighter with 75 characters easily.

*Go back to 3v3 fighting assist style but incorporate in some of the changes made in the genre since MVC3. Maybe add custom assists, maybe add ability to use 3 different assists (like Blazblue Tag), maybe incorporate in Tag mechanics. This is probably where you need more in depth discussion on though. Definitely take stuff like being able to DHC to your 3rd character directly like in Dragon Ball Z.

*Go back to 3 attack buttons but keep d+H as a launchef and make S a special trait button for characters to make them more unique.

*Focus on getting as many characters in day 1 as possible, don't try to nickel and dime. As you said they should be launching with 40-50 characters.

*Netcode and multiplayer modes need to be on point. Proper lobbies, spectator mode, tournament mode, online training.

*Single player offline modes need to be juicy too. Not crap tutorial mode, mission mode, arcade mode, story mode, customizable options, tons of training mode options etc.

*Heroes and Herald 2.0. Some way we csn customize characters and teams with new stuff and its like endless content because they can keep addings cards/stones/items with different rarities. This is where the MTX/GaaS stuff should be as this is a for fun mode and not meant to be competitive. Keep mtx/gaas stuff away from competitive side unless its cosmetics. This will also keep casuals engaged because you can keep unlocking things (minor things) even if you lose.

*Provide a F2P version option. Give a rotating set of 18 characters to make a team from every week and you can buy characters piece meal. When you have spent like 60 bucks buying characters it just unlocks full game or whatever the full price of the game is.

*Stylized art and graphics that dont suck. Art has to be on point.

*Make sure you put budget into the game even if you are expected to only sell 2 million, if the game is amazing then competitors are more likely to be putting money into it.

*Continued tournament support like with SFV.

Overall they just need to combine what SFV/DBFZ have been doing and improve on things that they didn't get right.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017

*Don't bother with Marvel, just go all in on Capcom characters for a Capcom VS game so that as many Capcom characters get in. Capcom has enough slots to make a fighter with 75 characters easily.

*Go back to 3v3 fighting assist style but incorporate in some of the changes made in the genre since MVC3. Maybe add custom assists, maybe add ability to use 3 different assists, maybe incorporate in Tag mechanics. This is probably where you need more in depth discussion on though.

*Go back to 3 attack buttons but keep d+H as a launchef and make S a special trait button for characters to make them more unique.

*Focus on getting as many characters in day 1 as possible, don't try to nickel and dime. As you said they should be launching with 40-50 characters.

*Netcode and multiplayer modes need to be on point. Proper lobbies, spectator mode, tournament mode, online training.

*Single player offline modes need to be juicy too. Not crap tutorial mode, mission mode, arcade mode, story mode, customizable options, tons of training mode options etc.

*Heroes and Herald 2.0. Some way we csn customize characters and teams with new stuff and its like endless content because they can keep addings cards/stones/items with different rarities. This is where the MTX/GaaS stuff should be as this is a for fun mode and not meant to be competitive. Keep mtx/gaas stuff away from competitive side unless its cosmetics. This will also keep casuals engaged because you can keep unlocking things (minor things) even if you lose.

*Provide a F2P version option. Give a rotating set of 18 characters to make a team from every week and you can buy characters piece meal. When you have spent like 60 bucks buying characters it just unlocks full game or whatever the full price of the game is.

*Make sure you put budget into the game even if you are expected to only sell 2 million, if the game is amazing then competitors are more likely to be putting money into it.

Overall they just need to combine what SFV/DBFZ have been doing and improve on things that they didn't get right.
I agree with this. The vs style of fast tag action is proven to be a big hit for Capcom but licensing and joint ventures have proven very rough for them o. Multiple occasions. Time to take the best of what they've built, apply it to a single well budgeted and supported large roster Capcom only roster and promote their ip via the insane tournament hype moments that ensue.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
They need Magneto and Doom.

Bring back Blackheart too plz.

Otherwise I'm gonna struggle to find someone to play outside of Dorm.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
He's Tokido's demon.

Did you not check up with the current results? They met again in top 8 and Tokido eliminated Daigo 3-2. And though Tokido did beat Daigo in the FT10, Tokido has won the majority of the matches in tournament play.

Big Bird ended up winning the whole thing and he's the first non East/SE Asian to win an Asian Premier event. So good shit to him. As for Tokido, he has another shot at redemption by winning the Asia Regional Top 8.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Did you not check up with the current results? They met again in top 8 and Tokido eliminated Daigo 3-2. And though Tokido did beat Daigo in the FT10, Tokido has won the majority of the matches in tournament play.

Big Bird ended up winning the whole thing and he's the first non East/SE Asian to win an Asian Premier event. So good shit to him. As for Tokido, he has another shot at redemption by winning the Asia Regional Top 8.

I do follow everything. Just saying that histoically and even after he has beaten him a few times, Tokido still thinks of Daigo as the one he struggles against.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Never seen a top player sandbag as much as Sonicfox just did.

I do follow everything. Just saying that histoically and even after he has beaten him a few times, Tokido still thinks of Daigo as the one he struggles against.

Tokido can say what he wants, going by results in SFV he's dominated Daigo, S1, S2 and S3.

yeah he beat Tokido in that FT10....but look what happened a few weeks later.

FT10 Event
March 10th - Daigo 10 - Tokido 5

Norcal Regionals
April 1st - Tokido 3 - Daigo 1

ELeague
July 14th - Tokido 3 - Daigo 0

SEAM
October 13th - Daigo 2 - Tokido 0
October 13th Top 8 - Tokido 3 - Daigo 2.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

*Go back to 3v3 fighting assist style but incorporate in some of the changes made in the genre since MVC3. Maybe add custom assists, maybe add ability to use 3 different assists (like Blazblue Tag), maybe incorporate in Tag mechanics. This is probably where you need more in depth discussion on though. Definitely take stuff like being able to DHC to your 3rd character directly like in Dragon Ball Z.

I like your ideas.

I wonder if they would consider getting rid of incoming mixups. FighterZ had a pretty elegant solution. Would make the game a lot more beginner friendly, but also... getting touched once and then not being able to play IS THE DNA OF MAHVEL

i'm conflicted >_<

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No one likes the "not being able to play" DNA anymore. I am fine with incoming mix ups being removed like DBFZ but I think a better solution is to have characters be able to do actions on incoming like change their incoming trajectory. MVCI had that too where you can alter how you come in plus that game also has the Stone system to get you out of a mix up. I think that's more dynamic and keeps the pace of the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Difficult to say.
Will SSB Ultimate replace SSB WiiU?
Will Mortal Kombat XI be released to replace Injustice 2?
If both are yes, it should be one of Arc System Works game, Guilty Gear Xrd: Rev2 most probably (less entrants in 2018 than Blazblue Cross Tag Battle).
If there's a Marvel vs Capcom 4, then I don't know.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Hey guys, mastercup finals was crazy, lol. Not GamerBee vs momochi level, but interesting.

Lowhighs screen went black for 2 seconds. I agree with marksman, should had ran back the final round, hehe.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Difficult to say.
Will SSB Ultimate replace SSB WiiU?
Will Mortal Kombat XI be released to replace Injustice 2?
If both are yes, it should be one of Arc System Works game, Guilty Gear Xrd: Rev2 most probably (less entrants in 2018 than Blazblue Cross Tag Battle).
If there's a Marvel vs Capcom 4, then I don't know.
MK and IJ has a lot of similarities, but even then, one mainly replace the other because:
1- the other is usually pretty dead when the next NRS game comes out
2- that's what NRS want as they completely drop support in favor of the new game

Nothing wrong with ASW supporting more than one game, that being said, I doubt Xrd will comeback unless ASW heavily support it or the next Xrd game comes out before EVO.

Hey guys, mastercup finals was crazy, lol. Not GamerBee vs momochi level, but interesting.

Lowhighs screen went black for 2 seconds. I agree with marksman, should had ran back the final round, hehe.
If they didn't ran it back, isn't that worse a controller malfunction? That's an organizers fault that might have ruined the game, where as with controllers all the blame is on the defected controller owner.

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely want to see SC6. it can replace gg xrd or bbtag or an nrs title
BBTAG's numbers make it very unlikely to be replaced (wouldn't want to see it happen, either way). Evo being a stop on the Arc Revo tour make it an even less likely candidate, though one could say the same of Rev2 based on that.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
https://clips.twitch.tv/RefinedNimbleBurritoSoonerLater

Thoughts? I remember FChamp leaked the Venom and Jedah alts super early back in the early MvCi days before the final patches.
Oh boy. F Champ leaking and hinting Marvel. He's playing more and alluding that its because he knows something. Dude is all bout that insider edge to try and scam himself a legup at tournies early on.
Here we go again folks. Rumors and shenanigans will soon follow forth.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
So the MVC4 rumors seem to say early development and treading carefully a lot. In a world where this all turns out to be true where would that put potential announcements for such a title in the calendar in yalls opinions?
Announced late spring 2019 released spring 2020?
Announced fall 2019 released fall 2020?
Annnounced Fall 2020 released Spring 2021?

Its being speculated as a next gen thing. Boy imagine if they went whole hog like Killer Instinct on effects and shaders...
Anyhow, what time frame sounds reasonable IF this is real if it truly is in early development? I'm leaning fall 2020 or spring 2021 for a launch so maybe a later 2019 announcement.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So the MVC4 rumors seem to say early development and treading carefully a lot. In a world where this all turns out to be true where would that put potential announcements for such a title in the calendar in yalls opinions?

Its being speculated as a next gen thing. Boy imagine if they went whole hog like Killer Instinct on effects and shaders...
Anyhow, what time frame sounds reasonable IF this is real if it truly is in early development? I'm leaning fall 2020 or spring 2021 for a launch so maybe a later 2019 announcement.
Whatever it may be, it seems that the original leaker is already being wish washy with it. Because if it's early in development then it's clearly NOT a "rebranded MVCI" as originally stated it to be.

That means we aren't even sure if this project is in fact Marvel related anymore since it's not MVCI related.

Best case scenario is that they leave this until early next gen console cycle so they can take their sweet time with it. The current console generation is already inundated with fighting games as it is, Capcom needs the extra time and budget to really catch people's attention with the new generation of fighters. Oh and make it Capcom vs Capcom rather than dealing with Marvel business so the entire budget can go towards making a good game rather than getting license and paying Marvel just so they can tell Capcom which Dr Strange hand wave signs are comic book accurate.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
When it comes, it comes. Next gen fighter as a launch or release window title would be ideal since the sting of Infinite will be more a memory.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

We've heard from multiple sources that both SF6 and MvC4 have entered very preliminary development recently. This brings an interesting timing decision for Capcom- which IP do you release first? There's an argument for both orders.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
Canada Cup was a real blow up

enjoyed all the classic games that were played otherwise, and with so many Japanese players i didn't recognize

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman