• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Capcom published some e-sport numbers in their financial report for the first time. They talked about it before, but never had any numbers:
pdf_12.png

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here ever played Es Laf? It's some air dash fighter whose cast is a crossover of unknown doujin characters, but its action looks pretty flashy and fast. It's got a sequel that keeps popping up in my Twitter feed with test animation work. Just curious on it. Makes me think guilty gear meets melty blood.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question about fighting sticks: my last one just died, and I came in terms with the facts that 1) I'll never get it fixed 2) I'm too old to play fighting games properly anymore, just toying around with a pad is enough for me 3) fighting sticks take A LOT of place when you live in a small flat.

Since some people do custom stuff, is there anything that can be scavenged from dead fighting sticks (I think I have 3 in total)? If someone lives in London and is interested to see what they can salvage, I'd rather give the bodies away. I'd rather some of them got recycled instead of putting them all in a landfill.
If there's nothing that can be done, off to the trash they go.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Question about fighting sticks: my last one just died, and I came in terms with the facts that 1) I'll never get it fixed 2) I'm too old to play fighting games properly anymore, just toying around with a pad is enough for me 3) fighting sticks take A LOT of place when you live in a small flat.

Since some people do custom stuff, is there anything that can be scavenged from dead fighting sticks (I think I have 3 in total)? If someone lives in London and is interested to see what they can salvage, I'd rather give the bodies away. I'd rather some of them got recycled instead of putting them all in a landfill.
If there's nothing that can be done, off to the trash they go.

What kind of a stick? What's wrong with it? If it's a more modern stock you can probably just swap out the PCB with a newer one and it will work perfectly again.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What kind of a stick? What's wrong with it? If it's a more modern stock you can probably just swap out the PCB with a newer one and it will work perfectly again.
For the last one that died, I'm 90% sure that would work.
It's mostly that it's the trigger for "I need to make some space and get rid of some dead weight I've been carrying around for too long".

So, yeah, if anyone in London feels like a bit of tinkering, PM me, it's yours (and its brothers too if you want them, but I need to check what they were).

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
Pokken Pad down to $13 at Gamestop and Amazon. The pad is absurdly high quality relative to the price. Anyone looking for a decent or a spare fightpad needs to pick this up.

I'm mainly using it with Soul Calibur on PC.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
All announced for Smash as playable.

• Ken from SF
  • Inceneroar from Pokemon
  • Piranha Plant from Mario (Limited time free post launch DLC character.)

Also Spirit Battles and collecting Spirits is 100% what Heroes and Heralds mode should have been for UMVC3. Sandbox gaming with lots of collecting time with local and online play baby! Can't wait for that. Replacing trophy collecting with spirits and having them good for something is awesome.

Also 5 post launch dlc cast with music and new stages confirmed. You can buy individually or season pass. Not announced who is in it yet and no work is done yet on these characters so voice loud folks and you may yet get your wish character. So far they've been fairly attentive with only a few highly voiced cast not appearing yet.

Oct 26, 2017
For the 10 people still playing Icons, Incineroar is basically Xana from Icons--they have the exact same specials, though Incineroar's function a bit differently.

As somebody who really enjoys that character, this makes me very excited for Smash Ultimate.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Bit of an odd question but is the proper timing schedule for Capcom Cup in December available? Like when the finals would be? I am anxious to see that Season 4 trailer.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
This guy needs to get hired to do Art for a 2d fighter or something. Anyone knows if he did art for Skullgirls? Cause his Art is a perfect fit

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing a lot of MVC2 lately since getting a Pi3b handheld that can run dreamcast. Trying to unlock enough points to have the full roster and color sets takes forever on that thing, but its at least a way to play stuff at the plant on break.
Not starting with all the top tier has really had me pouring through the roster and I got a list of things I really missed about the game that I'm enjoying revisiting as I grind content.

• Jin. His moveset is a blast. Great range on those firey kicks, some hit twice and I love anyone with the input rythm of down plus attack to do a slide attack inside then mash up plus attack to perform a down up special move since the slide attack input buffers the down input needed. Slide into laundry splode is so fun.
  • The way assists were so vulnerable on summon but less so near the end when they try to leave. I feel like I see less yolo assist setups because you can drill people throwing em out random, but somehow I feel like I see less happy birthdays because since folks are more tactical about moments to call them out they are also harder to punish once the moves come out due to the invulnerable window when they leave. It just feels more fair somehow. Like their is more thought to it. Assist punishes seem more like small incidental damage and less loss of full character death stuff. They also feel more like they are for extending pressure half the time. Just nice.
  • Heal assists lol. Son Son, and Jill how I missed your tools
  • Hayato and his wonderful sword rekkas and AA sword tools. Such a simple and good character for everyday pressure
  • Psylocke and her teleport that confuses folks by making copies of her to hide where she ported to.
  • Iceman entirely. From his fast fun ice beam zoning and boulder drops to his immunity from chip damage. Guy was super easy to use and damned fun. Always thought he needed a few more supers though.
  • Cable entirely. 4 shot plus Venom assist baby! The Original Peacock + Double setup. AHVB is still so boss. I honestly loved using his fun kicks to combo since they had pretty decent range too. Just a fun guy.
  • Cyclops. I liked him as an all arounder far better than Ryu, or Akuma and still do.
  • Juggernaut. Guy was slow as balls but that armor and damage. Plus if you had one good Juggernaut punch assist call the fucking damage was far better than it should be IMO. So many times I'd just be surprised how a baby combo with him would just have someone limping along below half health or dead lol.
  • Colossus. The true king of armor and grabs in this game. You do not know salt till he has shoulder rammed you into a corner and started his armored hell pressure.
  • Sakura. Honestly her Marvel iteration is pretty aggressive. Great AA fireball super, dashups, good angles on her tatsu. Just fun to use.
  • GAMBIT. Nuff said. Bring him back with Dorothy from Arcana heart's ability to chuck air diagonal card 3 at a time that on hit, block or whif pierce and stick in the ground afterwards with the ability to detonate them later at will and he'd be perfect for the new gen. Also give him the ability to slide close , mid ,near cards along the ground to lay trap cards that blow up when passed over or at will like Dorothy too. May as well take it all lol.
  • OMEGA DESTROYER
  • Captain Commando. The assist is great and I love doing Captain Corridor and Ninja Commando summons in a match. That fucking Ninja Commando is so fun to ruin people's day.
  • Cheddah-Gief and his flying AA grabs lol
  • Zoning feels good to me. Not overblown like in extreme teams like in UMVC3 morridoom land and not easy to shutdown like in MVCI. Yeah yeah I know spiral teams, and sentinel plus so many things and all that shit exists, but overall it feels fun to me. Maybe all I need is no Morridoom and zoning thats allowed to be happy I guess. So long as it dont hit that particular extreme its all good in my book.
Just so much nostalgic fun playing around through MVC2 and remember all these fun things. Yeah so many of them weren' the best on the roster or even useful but they were fun to play in spite of tiers.
Whats some shit yall liked doing or seeing in MVC2? Lets have some nostalgia.

Last edited:

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Been playing a lot of MVC2 lately since getting a Pi3b handheld that can run dreamcast. Trying to unlock enough points to have the full roster and color sets takes forever on that thing, but its at least a way to play stuff at the plant on break.
Not starting with all the top tier has really had me pouring through the roster and I got a list of things I really missed about the game that I'm enjoying revisiting as I grind content.

• Jin. His moveset is a blast. Great range on those firey kicks, some hit twice and I love anyone with the input rythm of down plus attack to do a slide attack inside then mash up plus attack to perform a down up special move since the slide attack input buffers the down input needed. Slide into laundry splode is so fun.
  • The way assists were so vulnerable on summon but less so near the end when they try to leave. I feel like I see less yolo assist setups because you can drill people throwing em out random, but somehow I feel like I see less happy birthdays because since folks are more tactical about moments to call them out they are also harder to punish once the moves come out due to the invulnerable window when they leave. It just feels more fair somehow. Like their is more thought to it. Assist punishes seem more like small incidental damage and less loss of full character death stuff. They also feel more like they are for extending pressure half the time. Just nice.
  • Hayato and his wonderful sword rekkas and AA sword tools. Such a simple and good character for everyday pressure
  • Psylocke and her teleport that confuses folks by making copies of her to hide where she ported to.
  • Iceman entirely. From his fast fun ice beam zoning and boulder drops to his immunity from chip damage. Guy was super easy to use and damned fun. Always thought he needed a few more supers though.
  • Cable entirely. 4 shot plus Venom assist baby! The Original Peacock + Double setup. AHVB is still so boss. I honestly loved using his fun kicks to combo since they had pretty decent range too. Just a fun guy.
  • Cyclops. I liked him as an all arounder far better than Ryu, or Akuma and still do.
  • Juggernaut. Guy was slow as balls but that armor and damage. Plus if you had one good Juggernaut punch assist call the fucking damage was far better than it should be IMO. So many times I'd just be surprised how a baby combo with him would just have someone limping along below half health or dead lol.
  • Colossus. The true king of armor and grabs in this game. You do not know salt till he has shoulder rammed you into a corner and started his armored hell pressure.
  • Sakura. Honestly her Marvel iteration is pretty aggressive. Great AA fireball super, dashups, good angles on her tatsu. Just fun to use.
  • GAMBIT. Nuff said. Bring him back with Dorothy from Arcana heart's ability to chuck air diagonal card 3 at a time that on hit, block or whif pierce and stick in the ground afterwards with the ability to detonate them later at will and he'd be perfect for the new gen. Also give him the ability to slide close , mid ,near cards along the ground to lay trap cards that blow up when passed over or at will like Dorothy too. May as well take it all lol.
  • OMEGA DESTROYER
  • Captain Commando. The assist is great and I love doing Captain Corridor and Ninja Commando summons in a match. That fucking Ninja Commando is so fun to ruin people's day.
  • Zoning feels good to me. Not overblown like in extreme teams like in UMVC3 morridoom land and not easy to shutdown like in MVCI. Yeah yeah I know spiral teams, and sentinel plus so many things and all that shit exists, but overall it feels fun to me. Maybe all I need is no Morridoom and zoning thats allowed to be happy I guess. So long as it dont hit that particular extreme its all good in my book.
Just so much nostalgic fun playing around through MVC2 and remember all these fun things. Yeah so many of them weren' the best on the roster or even useful but they were fun to play in spite of tiers.

I liked playing MSP and not letting other people play

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

• OMEGA DESTROYER

Wow wow wow wait a minute, MvC2 runs well on a Pi3b ?

But yeah, i love MvC2 but the meta also kept us from seeing some really interesting characters. I've been playing for years with the same friend, and we had so many interesting teams ahah

Cammy was really fun to play, she had some cool pressing stuff with her stand light punch
The Jill grenade launcher shenanigans & unblockables with zombies were also so much fun to pull in a match.

Goddamn i miss mvc2 so much. I love that game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Wow wow wow wait a minute, MvC2 runs well on a Pi3b ?

But yeah, i love MvC2 but the meta also kept us from seeing some really interesting characters. I've been playing for years with the same friend, and we had so many interesting teams ahah

Cammy was really fun to play, she had some cool pressing stuff with her stand light punch
The Jill grenade launcher shenanigans & unblockables with zombies were also so much fun to pull in a match.

Goddamn i miss mvc2 so much. I love that game.
I aint gonna claim I dont suffer slow down once Amingo or Jill start throwing out a shitload of minions, but its incidental. I've played under far far worse being a TVC on dolphin guy over the years. For the most part its good. If you just want it emulated though the odroid xu4 is the next wave of power. Thing handles n64, psx, dreamcast and even saturn flawless with only a few outlier titles requiring anything beyond base setup adjustments. 3b+ would probably do better than 3b but MVC2 is definitely good enough that its no big for me. Arcade perfect though is still odroid xu4. Especially since it has Naomi stuff.

May 1, 2018
Been playing fighting games for 25 years but have previously said they hate multiplayer. Obviously an authority on mechanics.

I'm glad that Twitter gets to see it in all its glory too, lol

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
RBK was crazy. The stuff ProblemX does with bison is amazing. He is the only bison to use both vtrigger so well

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
What is happening with no live stream of Capcom premier events ? I hear of some bullshit like "tape delay" ?

Can someone clarify this ?