• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Man MVC2 could really benefit from the hype of a ratio tournament. These things were super popular back in KOF 13.
Simple nuff. You playing any sort of 3v3 game? You got 7 points, characters are divided up based on tiers and versatility and given a point value between 1 and 5. Spend your 7 points and make a team to enter the tourney with.

I'd really love to see a MVC2 ratio tourney and a ratio divided character list. Any old school heroes here with that mvc2 experience wanna take a shot at making one?

EDIT:
Done. Here you go. Made this up based on the old Shoryuken tier lists and assist value list. Should make for some fun for some folks. Feel free to use and have fun.

nWUvfLK.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Man someone better run a news story about the unexpected success of this MVC2 tournament tomorrow. Siliconera, Gematsu, Polygon, IGN...SOMEONE!
They're over $6000 and rising in donations, they stopped doin golf claps for one night and just popped off and showed their hype and love for a game and let themselves be themselves for one tournament. No frills, no production values, no real advertising buildup and shot up over 4k viewers and had just about every name from the origin of the scene showup to give em shoutouts. Folks mid stream were making ghetto hype production vids bout the players. The bracket was written on a sheet of paper in inkpen and player numbers were drawn out a bag.

Can 8 guys revive a scene all on their own? This is what made the sport so popular they tried to buy and make it into esports to begin with. They talking like this may have to happen more often now raw and unfiltered for MVC2. Even Tom Cannon showed up to comment on this shit and donated big!

Fingers crossed. I'd love to see Yipes and the old MVC2 guys setup monthlies and push this title and unfiltered streams back up there.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man someone better run a news story about the unexpected success of this MVC2 tournament tomorrow. Siliconera, Gematsu, Polygon, IGN...SOMEONE!
They're over $6000 and rising in donations, they stopped doin golf claps for one night and just popped off and showed their hype and love for a game and let themselves be themselves for one tournament. No frills, no production values, no real advertising buildup and shot up over 4k viewers and had just about every name from the origin of the scene showup to give em shoutouts. Folks mid stream were making ghetto hype production vids bout the players. The bracket was written on a sheet of paper in inkpen and player numbers were drawn out a bag.

Can 8 guys revive a scene all on their own? This is what made the sport so popular they tried to buy and make it into esports to begin with. They talking like this may have to happen more often now raw and unfiltered for MVC2. Even Tom Cannon showed up to comment on this shit and donated big!

Fingers crossed. I'd love to see Yipes and the old MVC2 guys setup monthlies and push this title and unfiltered streams back up there.
Make a last chance vote for Evo and revive the scene ala Melee.
They hit over 7,500

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
J Wong posting stuff that if it hits $10000 they in EVO 2019. I wanna believe so damned bad right now!
MVC2 RAW STREAMING WORTH MORE THAN TEKKEN WORLD TOURS!

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017

I like golf claps. Lol.

Reminds me of back in the day, people would comment on soul calibur 5 streams that were at super arcade. Like it seemed so boring because people weren't shouting and shit. Man, I was at those. It was hella fun and people were into the games. I used to go to the UCLA soul calibur 2 tournaments. It was fun and high energy but not like the marvel guys.

Maybe I am socal and a pretty chill dude. Even most times at golf land, it was pretty chill. There was shennagins of course. But not 24/7. I'm in the age range of Valle.

Maybe its it's a west vs east thing or the different game communities.

I just dont like it when its presented that what is happening on this stream is the only genuine fgc and everything else is fake. Me and my friends get hype in a different way. And we love fighting games as well. And who we are and how we've always behaved, some might label us a esports, cause it aint amped up to this level.

Dont get me wrong. Its hype and fun, and I'm loving watching it (I'm watching floes restream actually). And yipes is really good at this shit.

But this isn't the only representation of what is/was real or the old school Fgc as a whole. Its certainly a big part of it. Lots of people from different walks of life and different personalities play and love fighting games. Back then and now. I've spent a lot of time in arcades in southern California from the mk2 days onward. It got crazy sometimes. But it wasn't always crazy.

And man, why wouldn't you do a paper bracket for a 8 man round Robin, lol. They have paper brackets at evo pools. They just report them to the runners after the bracket is done to type them into smashgg. Come on man, haha.

Last edited:

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like golf claps. Lol.

Reminds me of back in the day, people would comment on soul calibur 5 streams that were at super arcade. Like it seemed so boring because people weren't shouting and shit. Man, I was at those. It was hella fun and people were into the games. I used to go to the UCLA soul calibur 2 tournaments. It was fun and high energy but not like the marvel guys.

Maybe I am socal and a pretty chill dude. Even most times at golf land, it was pretty chill. There was shennagins of course. But not 24/7. I'm in the age range of Valle.

Maybe its it's a west vs east thing or the different game communities.

I just dont like it when its presented that what is happening on this stream is the only genuine fgc and everything else is fake. Me and my friends get hype in a different way. And we love fighting games as well. And who we are and how we've always behaved, some might label us a esports, cause it aint amped up to this level.

Dont get me wrong. Its hype and fun, and I'm loving watching it (I'm watching floes restream actually). And yipes is really good at this shit.

But this isn't the only representation of what is/was real or the old school Fgc as a whole. Its certainly a big part of it. Lots of people from different walks of life and different personalities play and love fighting games. Back then and now. I've spent a lot of time in arcades in southern California from the mk2 days onward. It got crazy sometimes. But it wasn't always crazy.
Hype is by far the best part of all of this for me.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Let me guess, Ian Walker?
EDIT: Yep. Dude does great coverage of FGs and the FGC. He's the only person that bothered asking Capcom about their MvCI plans.
Yep, he's the best journalist covering fighting games on major websites these days. It's a shame Ian has to scrape by as a freelancer while flacks like Michael Martin get cushy jobs at Capcom.

Last edited:

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I found an old KOF14 meme video from around the time of the first wave of DLC while it has aged a bit poorly due to later released characters, It made me burst out laughing

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017

Toyed around with this recently. Apparently I could probably make a Hayato, Sentinel, Sabretooth work ok. I really wanna try to make a Juggernaut team for it though.
What teams would yall try to run in this thing. Once I tried playing with it this gets tricky since Marvel has assists unlike the KOF ratio things I've done.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
I don't think I've seen Daigo stream so much. He streams everyday and for a long time. Good to see him playing random games too. We need him to play the I wanna games.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Toyed around with this recently. Apparently I could probably make a Hayato, Sentinel, Sabretooth work ok. I really wanna try to make a Juggernaut team for it though.
What teams would yall try to run in this thing. Once I tried playing with it this gets tricky since Marvel has assists unlike the KOF ratio things I've done.
I think I would just try to get a well rounded top tier character in like Sentinel or Storm, pain up with Roll for the +1 bonus and then pick a playable assist character like Ruby Heart or Cammy. No matter what happens you are going to have at least one trash/throwaway character on your team so at least try to make the duo better.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
We all are. He was railing against SJWs when Chris T and his friends were getting called out for liking Jordan B. Peterson, so it kinda fell under the cracks.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
What are the best SNK/Neo Geo fighters that are available on modern platforms (not really PC, although I have 2002UM on that?)
I have:
XIII
XIV
2002UM
Real Bout
Garou
Sam Sho V Special
FF3

I'm not interested in other Sam Sho games, because V Special is amazing, in terms of KoF/FF I use Andy, Mary, Geese, so I need one if not two of those, and I'm sort of more interested if there are any other good franchises that aren't KoF, FF, or Sam Sho .

I did like KoFXI, but that's just PS2, right, or at least stuck on that gen?

I have an SNK itch, and I only really played the PS2 games, so 2002, 2003, the Capcom crossovers, NGBC, and XI.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For SamSho, you're right that Special supersedes everything else. SSS is still a great game if you want some variety. Tenkaichi is good for fooling around, but I think it's not available on modern platforms. To be honest, I'm not sure what's available now and what's not...
For FF, RB2 is the best game of the series by far. But since each entry is so different, FFSpecial (not RB) and MOTW both have a lot of value (at least FFS has Andy and Geese).

The good KOFs are 98, 02, both of their revisions (the revisions add new characters and change balance, but many prefer the originals), then 2000, 96, XI, XIII and XIV. I have a soft spot for 2001, but it's objectively a terrible game.
Finally, Last Blade2 is a great game. It has a few issues on its own, but one should experience it anyway.

The other famous SNK games (Art of Fighting 3, Kizuna encounter...) are interesting for the novelty and all, but most weren't particularly good even at the time they were released. AoF1&2 were great at the time and provide an interesting proposal for games that are very different from the way fighters ended up evolving.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This Smash United Conference Smash Ultimate top 8 is fuckin wild. Smash Ultimate is definitely here to stay.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
For SamSho, you're right that Special supersedes everything else. SSS is still a great game if you want some variety. Tenkaichi is good for fooling around, but I think it's not available on modern platforms. To be honest, I'm not sure what's available now and what's not...
Tenkaichi is available on PS4 as VI.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Just signed up for a Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition tournament at a local arcade . Now I got two weeks to relearn the game and shake off SF5.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Obama should take some time considering his own behaviour if the message he wants to send out is being more inviting and self-conscious, he was easily the second worst thing on stream after the misogynistic comment.

ColonialHawk

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
Obama should take some time considering his own behaviour if the message he wants to send out is being more inviting and self-conscious, he was easily the second worst thing on stream after the misogynistic comment.
Yeah I like Majinobama for his passion and excitement (especially when he commentates Guilty Gear) but he was really getting out of hand and was being annoying during the stream. Like I get you dont want to be esports but you have to have some professionalism.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised they rank 98UM so low. Was there particular issues with the rebalance? Krauzer being wack?
2003 under XII and 2001, now that's funny. That game had no redeeming quality.
Poor Neowave.
XIV along with XI and 96... that sounds about right.
I agree with XIII being too high. I would put it next to 2000.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
XIII's HD combo touch of death garbage, not to mention characters like Mr. Karate, disqualify it from being anywhere near S-Rank, though I can agree with ranking the original '98 above UM and '02 UM over its original. And I'd certainly much rather play '03 over crap like '01 and that obvious beta XII, which belong at the absolute bottom (hell, I'd still rather play MI2 than be bothered with '01 or XII).

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Too bad KoFXIII stopped being supported, with a few balance patches it would have been perfect.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at these poor souls on twitter getting triggered saying all Sonicfox says is he's gay and Sonic reply with that he's gonna say it even more.