• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I received my copy of SNK Heroines for the Switch. I told my friend that I wanted the PS4 versión but he made a huge mistake

Still I'm surprised by how good the game is, isn't deep or anything but is fun to play

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I received my copy of SNK Heroines for the Switch. I told my friend that I wanted the PS4 versión but he made a huge mistake

Still I'm surprised by how good the game is, isn't deep or anything but is fun to play
Anything with Shermie is fun. Kukri going full creeper as the main villain is pretty entertaining too.
Have there been ANY tournies for this one? I never checked.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anything with Shermie is fun. Kukri going full creeper as the main villain is pretty entertaining too.
Have there been ANY tournies for this one? I never checked.

SNK held a couple of official tournaments, that will be the highest level footage you can find I think. One was a launch tournament and the other was at The King of Festival 2018, both should be on YT.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I recall a ceo tourney? Also seems to have an small community in Japan
SNK held a couple of official tournaments, that will be the highest level footage you can find I think. One was a launch tournament and the other was at The King of Festival 2018, both should be on YT.
Cool. I'll check em out and see how it is. Thanks!

Also on a completely different note after browsing more twitter feeds...
For all yall who sleep on EXAMU fighters. Dont. There is some hype shit in their games.
Million Arthur is coming soon to consoles and just like with Nitro + they brought some insane shit with it.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
PSA from Wario 64 btw Blade Strangers is on sale on eshop right now for $14.99

EDIT: Oh wow this is actually really fun. Easy inputs done right. I had a lot of fun with their other title too. They may not have a graphics wow-ing look but their gameplay is still solid I'm glad to say. Simple up down left right a button for light one for heavy one for specials and one for universal stuff like AA, overhead etc. Almost instantly I could pick up anyone and start linking together all kinds of shit and using heat up as a universal cancel let me get fancy too. Love me some cancel mechanics.

Curly is so fun to chuck fireballs and machinegun folks with. I'm gonna have to dig into this more.

Last edited:

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is Million Arthur ever coming to the west? I'm sure that the localization should be cheap and that Square Enix should have no problem selling it here

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
For those that missed it and would like to see some TVC greatness here is Frosty Faustings Tatsunoko vs Capcom TOP 8!

This year was a real whose who of players as well with old legends showing up from the original scene as well as the top players of the dolphin scene that rose from the games ashes after it faded out of tournies. Game held up incredibly well and the entire roster generally has good dirt to abuse. Lots of team variety in this tournament. Enjoy! Feels good to see things like Batsu, Kaijin no Soki, and Roll doin work for Capcom in a fighter.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
MILLION ARTHUR ARCANA BLOOD ENGLISH STREAM
https://www.twitch.tv/numakie

Numakie is a channel that is pretty big for poverty fighters and such and they're pretty knowledgeable on all these titles. Given most all streams for this game are japanese only this warrants some attention. Show up and ask questions folks. Assist based fighting game starring characters licensed from a squenix mobile title...plus high score girl and Iori Yagami.

Game has been out since late NOVEMBER in Japan but you can import the disc.

EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK!?! WHY IS THERE A DICK GRAB ASSIST?! @_@

Lol it forces restands. Its a low and you can call it while jumping. Now Super Sonico is not the only character in an anime fighter that requires folks to consider crouching blocking a jump in attempt. The whole cast of Million Arthur Arcana Blood can force high lows on jump in if they are armed with dick grab assist lol. So busted.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Needed to play some MVCI after all the Frosty Faustings and talk lately. Went in to just enjoy my normal Sigma, Winter Soldier and Thanos favorites and ended up revisiting Black Widow.

Holy shit I forgot what a reset heavy setup machine she is. Her Strike vector is pretty much a flip like Sheik's bounding fish but almost instantly you can go into either her shocky orbs or widows kiss. MAN I had forgotten that widows kiss bounced like Winter Soldiers grenades. You can create super fucked up angles off strike vector into Widows Kiss and vs big bodies and some folks its just hard to see where it went. Depending on screen position it either ends up in front or behind someone and that shit crumples on hit when they go into the cloud of poison after it blows. I just...forgot about her entirely lol. Very fun shit. Very dirty character meant for tag horseshit. Plus she can put like Shuma sticky bombs on folks so even more resets there than with Widows Kiss.

MVCI needs revisited badly. Not hard to come up with bullshit with tags and tools like this.
Enjoy some bullshit Black Widow vids I found.

Oct 25, 2017
Steam is having a sale on Dragonball related games and the FighterZ Pass is 50% off!
Forgot to grab it the last time it was discounted on the Humble Bundle store. Not making that mistake again.

Xenoverse 2 DLC Passes are on sale too.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Steam is having a sale on Dragonball related games and the FighterZ Pass is 50% off!
Forgot to grab it the last time it was discounted on the Humble Bundle store. Not making that mistake again.

Xenoverse 2 DLC Passes are on sale too.
Humble bundle also has guilty gear xrd and the rev2 upgrade on sale too right now. For like single digits. Hit that shit.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
BBTAG getting an arcade version

Balance changes, UI changes, system changes

New character tease at the end. Blazblue Naoto.

Last edited:

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A friend imported a copy of Million Arthur Arcana to have it in his arcade/e-sports local. So far the game is "popular" among the anime crowd, and even some kofers are playing it thanks to Iori. Also, the game is gorgeous, I really like the sprites and the animations for some specials

I want to buy it but it seems that everywhere the game is very expensive, I wish that this was released on the WEST.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
A friend imported a copy of Million Arthur Arcana to have it in his arcade/e-sports local. So far the game is "popular" among the anime crowd, and even some kofers are playing it thanks to Iori. Also, the game is gorgeous, I really like the sprites and the animations for some specials

Iori had more animation frames in KOF95.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I find it hilarious that Iori is once again the top tier in a game. That fighter template is just too good. The toolkit it has, and the way his normals are shaped just make him stellar. Plus now he got an airdash for that fighter and assists lol.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I was thinking more on the supers that have some cool animations.

PS: Are you from Futaleufú Chile?

No, Santiago, Futaleufu is just to let others chileans know I'm chilean.

I find it hilarious that Iori is once again the top tier in a game. That fighter template is just too good. The toolkit it has, and the way his normals are shaped just make him stellar. Plus now he got an airdash for that fighter and assists lol.

Iori is one of the best designed fighting game characters ever made. He is high/top tier in every game because of how versatile his tools are:

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No, Santiago, Futaleufu is just to let others chileans know I'm chilean.

Iori is one of the best designed fighting game characters ever made. He is high/top tier in every game because of how versatile his tools are:

Nice, you go to dream match then? that was the place that brought Million Arthur here

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I stopped going to arcades around the time Diana Merced changed tokens to cards.

I've heard about dream match but I've never went there. I'll check it out soon.

You should give it a try, you have communities for all the mainstream games, and tuesdays "anime fans" gather to play things like UNIST and other obscure games, and they have a decent community.

Also there are some arcades, like a kof 11 cabinet and other stuff

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Needed to play some MVCI after all the Frosty Faustings and talk lately. Went in to just enjoy my normal Sigma, Winter Soldier and Thanos favorites and ended up revisiting Black Widow.

Holy shit I forgot what a reset heavy setup machine she is. Her Strike vector is pretty much a flip like Sheik's bounding fish but almost instantly you can go into either her shocky orbs or widows kiss. MAN I had forgotten that widows kiss bounced like Winter Soldiers grenades. You can create super fucked up angles off strike vector into Widows Kiss and vs big bodies and some folks its just hard to see where it went. Depending on screen position it either ends up in front or behind someone and that shit crumples on hit when they go into the cloud of poison after it blows. I just...forgot about her entirely lol. Very fun shit. Very dirty character meant for tag horseshit. Plus she can put like Shuma sticky bombs on folks so even more resets there than with Widows Kiss.

MVCI needs revisited badly. Not hard to come up with bullshit with tags and tools like this.
Enjoy some bullshit Black Widow vids I found.

Black Widow was such a neat character. If only she weren't in MvCI...

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Black Widow was such a neat character. If only she weren't in MvCI...
It is what it is. I'll just go back to playing MVCI for now in spite of its flaws and situations. Frosty Faustings was a blast. Made me miss all the fun that was there in the game. Its obvious I left way too early because hell I couldn't even remember tools or anything on one of the characters. I just wanna mess around and see what I can make with a few characters for me and my own fun. I love that strike vector flip into widows kiss bouncy crumple gas stuff. I wanna combine it with Sigma slashes and see how much screen I can eat up by abusing tags. Might toss a reality stone in for shits to add to the pile and see just how much screen space I can ruin in this game at one time lol.

[redacted]

Dec 28, 2017
Exa Arcadia not only announced that they were releasing an arcade port of Fight of Gods, but also this:

DARAKU TENSHI BABY

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SNK opens up new support program to send players overseas

"The top 3 KOFXIV players from EVO Japan 2019 will be the first recruits!"

Good stuff, they will now pay for flight tickets for players who perform well at tournaments to compete overseas.

And an interesting bonus is that they will also pay for one friend of the player to tag along if they compete in the same tournament.

Exa Arcadia not only announced that they were releasing an arcade port of Fight of Gods, but also this:

DARAKU TENSHI BABY

Tweet is not loading for me but is DT really getting a port?

The game has a pretty interesting history behind it (and also has the initial/prototype designs for K' and Maxima from KOF99).

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Congrats to Justin. Someone mentioned him becoming a dad in some stream.

Doesn't seem like Echofox is renewing some people. Wonder what this year brings in terms of sponsorships.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
that bootleg SamSho game looks alright

congrats to Wong for making it on the list of daddy fgc vets

[redacted]

Dec 28, 2017
Tweet is not loading for me but is DT really getting a port?

The game has a pretty interesting history behind it (and also has the initial/prototype designs for K' and Maxima from KOF99).
Tweet deleted. What was it?

They tweeted this after the other announcements. Was deleted shortly after.

ZMlE3YR.jpg

Dx7W0lXVAAAruxh.jpg

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
They tweeted this after the other announcements. Was deleted shortly after.

ZMlE3YR.jpg

Dx7W0lXVAAAruxh.jpg
This bout Axel City 2

Gotta say its got significantly less fanservice in that video than the first Axel City did what with Syura's fully exposed ass in a thin thong during lightning legs and generally everything Catheart did. Looks slower though.

Last edited:

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This bout Axel City 2

Digging the look of that, feels like a NeoGeo game from the old days.

Also seems to have a Front Ground Step-like (SVC Chaos) mechanic on block and that girl basically plays like Kensou. The guy looked like he was doing variations of Rising Tackle and Burn Knuckle.

And the 40 (?) character roster is pretty beefy (there is a lady in there that out-muscles Mika, and maybe Ryu lol).

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Exa Arcadia board is an interesting system, like, I can't imagine which is the market for what it seems like a poverty system in this particular. I'm sure that arcade centers like mikado and others will buy this system, but is there enough of them to justify a new board that also seems to include lots of games?

Unless their intention is to sell it to home consumers too, since I guess that the board must be dirt cheap

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
The Exa Arcadia board is an interesting system, like, I can't imagine which is the market for what it seems like a poverty system in this particular. I'm sure that arcade centers like mikado and others will buy this system, but is there enough of them to justify a new board that also seems to include lots of games?

Unless their intention is to sell it to home consumers too, since I guess that the board must be dirt cheap

IIRC the Aka to Blue developers chose to release an arcade version on the Exa system instead of releasing a Switch port.