• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
The Exa Arcadia board is an interesting system, like, I can't imagine which is the market for what it seems like a poverty system in this particular. I'm sure that arcade centers like mikado and others will buy this system, but is there enough of them to justify a new board that also seems to include lots of games?

Unless their intention is to sell it to home consumers too, since I guess that the board must be dirt cheap

Yea, I was reading up on this during the weekend. I wonder what the market is. They referenced the old MVS system press release thing.

And will the game that are on the system appeal to the western market, where it is mostly those big amusement type places.

Will be interesting how this thing turns out.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I was reading up on this during the weekend. I wonder what the market is. They referenced the old MVS system press release thing.

And will the game that are on the system appeal to the western market, where it is mostly those big amusement type places.

Will be interesting how this thing turns out.
I'm just wondering if they will have the sense to change the frames on Syuro lightning legs so if it goes up on stream it doesnt get pulled. Not joking when I say it's a full on bare ass with a string up its crack. Her dress is split above the hip and when she turns her back to the camera on her kicks they drew the whole ass exposed.

Be easy to fix. Pull the old toonami paint a bikini over the frames trick and itd be fine. Course maybe they're still goin for that whole late 80s early 90s shock value anime style like demon city shinjuku or something.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Anyone has a good explanation for this bug? I don't think that the damage scale in counter status was that high in Last Blade 2

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Anyone has a good explanation for this bug? I don't think that the damage scale in counter status was that high in Last Blade 2

Don't know about the damage.
As for the bug, Jûzô's command throw cannot be comboed into normally, however, some specific characters can be thrown while being hit in certain circumstances, which makes the throw unescapable and removes the damage scaling.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know if it was posted anywhere yet with a better translation but I found some stuff on the DBFZ season 2 full patch notes...translated via google from japanese notes.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dragonball-fighter-z-season-2-full-patch-notes.96497/

No character stuff. Lots of system changes.

Also a longer trailer for Power Rangers Battle for the Grid is out now. Shows more ranger gameplay. Looked like tags or assists were in this 3v3
https://gematsu.com/2019/01/power-r...ded-announcement-and-gameplay-reveal-trailers

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Piranha Plant is out but PSA if you use them in All Star Mode folks are reporting it can corrupt your save file.
Also aside from all the nice 2.0 notes theres a neat input addition

https://gematsu.com/2019/01/super-s...ow-available-adds-dlc-character-piranha-plant

"Pressing both jump buttons at the same time will now cause you to short hop."

This should make some stuff interesting and more consistent. Curious is you can macro this to a single button.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Screen_Shot_2019-01-31_at_1.14.36_AM.png

Smash Ultimate is now the second best selling Fighting Game of all time, within a month of release, behind Brawl's lifetime sales by 1.21 mill. 3rd if you combine all versions of SFII.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Man if yall havent hopped aboard that indie fighter Metal Revolution hype train yet you really need to. This thing is looking more and more amazing by the day.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea behind it but looking at their videos I'm not sure it will be a fun fighter.
???
What in particular is off putting to you on this? So far its got nice combos, solid movement, good hit sound design, the right amount of screen effects to enhance impact and good effects and hit sparks, plus solid animation and presentation. Usually these are the deal breakers. I'm not gonna act like its the moon and stars but its looking very solid at this point. Just legitimately curious what doesn't look fun specifically out of their vids.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Sound effects were the first thing that didn't work for me. I watched the dev match and movement, attacks, etc didn't seem right to me. Don't know how to put it in words but it felt like something made by people who just started making a fighter (which I guess this is?)

I hope it turns out to be good but right now I'm not hype for it.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Does the game have an expected release date? Also, what's the retail price?

It looks pretty darn cool, I gotta admit. If the online is good, I might cop it.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Does the game have an expected release date? Also, what's the retail price?

It looks pretty darn cool, I gotta admit. If the online is good, I might cop it.
Looks good, is it releasing on any consoles?
EIDT
I did some digging. I've been following the play vids and progress tweets but I didnt have any info on its intended release price or details on consoles. I do know it has a "coming soon" page on Steam so at the very minimum we have a confirmed PC release planned.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/994560/Metal_Revolution/

I found this quote from event hubs of all places .
event hubs said:
Metal Revolution is currently aiming for a 2019 release window and targeting three platforms with PlayStation 4, PC via Steam and iPhone. ...

Honestly the hit sounds in this game are very reminescent to the Xbox One Killer Instinct IMO.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Just for fun I found a tweet from ancient times with a fun gif of Alex from TVC doin his headbutts.

Now you can never forget the image of Alex face f***ing a giant robot to death lol. Game had so many animation quirks. If Batsu did a super he'd do one of several with his partner depending on who was with him and if your partner was downed already when he did it their spirit would be next to him and he'd have tears running down his face as he performed the move way stronger than normal to avenge them lol.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I remember someone once saying that tvc had better graphics than sf4. I mean ok sf4 may not have been the prettiest but i liked its animation attempts.
Tvc has characters designed from card board boxes. Which i found funny and likex, but ima give the edge to sf4.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I remember someone once saying that tvc had better graphics than sf4. I mean ok sf4 may not have been the prettiest but i liked its animation attempts.
Tvc has characters designed from card board boxes. Which i found funny and likex, but ima give the edge to sf4.
SF4 at the time caught a lot of flack because it was still a big shock seeing the change from the Alpha series art to what SF4 chose. I'm still honestly not into it but I know it wasn't executed poorly and was really expressive. Thats all that really matters...that the characterizations can be exhibited fully in whatever style they use. In that regard both are a success even if some of the Tatsunoko cast are 60s or earlier designs based on lighters and other weird stylistic ideas.

Kinda makes me wish the Kei Suwabe "Symphony of the Blood "art project was a real fighter. I'd love me some Tezuka characters in a fighter. Always wanted to wreck folks with Astroboy.
Here's the menu Kei Suwabe designed for a Tezuka fighter art project. Dude did some amazing design work.
kei suwabe fantazy Tezuka based fighting game fanart. Not a real game said:

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Seriously sad I can't go to EVO Japan, even for a day trip this year. Too expensive and boss wouldn't give me that Monday off so I could watch finals live. Just too much money at this point.

Was hoping to find some casual play with Soul Calibur or BBTAG

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Polymar neck snapping for everybody!
oH9DyhM.gif

qlcSmJl.gif
lol. My love of Polymar is legendary at this point. I still see those gifs I made show up on other forums, and social media now. Dude was just a psychopath.

Absolute pressure machine though. His moves hit hard, hit twice in many cases, and he could generaly finish into command grabs. Plus once he charged symbols you had to guess after every razorkick lockdown whether he'd cancel into a High Low or Grab. All that and a command dodge that was fast too. Just an absolute violence factory.

DGYmaCL.gif

Edit: Oh hell one more for old times sake.
GOkvUIL.gif

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man if yall havent hopped aboard that indie fighter Metal Revolution hype train yet you really need to. This thing is looking more and more amazing by the day.

I've been following this for a while and it looks pretty legit.

AFAIK the sound effects are temporary.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Also never forget...DOA 5 Last Round had Tatsunoko DLC and you could play as Jann Lee as Polymar.
mTQN1Po.jpg

bp9EcSe.jpg

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Has this been posted?

i haven't been watching tournaments or keeping up with announcements but oh boy, i just fucking died laughing.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if ChunLi 's design got inspirations from Executioners from Shaolin. The final guy had hair buns just like Chun and the mom had legs of steel.
Hmmm... no clue. Sounds possible though.
Man that makes me wonder if I can make a stupid looking combo in TVC with Polymar Chun and seeing how many Lightning legs I can do with Razor kicks in a combo. Polymar can also blow symbols for a cancel from razor kick into more razor kick. Chun assist isn't kick though but I might be able to make something silly with this theme lol. Team leggy.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey looks like Metal Revolution got played by Justin Wong! He put out a video on it today.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, I found a cop of Ultra Street Fighter 2 The Final Challengers for cheap on a store, so I decided to buy it.

This game doesn't have the OG ST characters like hd remix? also, did anyone ever bother to do a tier list for this? I'm curious if the Evil and Violent Characters are overpowered like ST Akuma

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure Violent Ken was extremely strong in that version of the game. Apparently so is regular Ryu too (Evil Ryu good as well). I have heard mixed opinions on someone like Sagat though.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Lol in my desperate attempts to find a decent hotel for EVO Japan, I got curious as to why the prices were so outrageous that weekend in a city where its usually like $50 a night for a nice place.

Freaking BTS is in town that weekend. I'm sure the EVO staff did not know the worlds most popular music group was going to be having their event the same weekend lol. Cheapest tickets for that thing are $1000 geezeus. Oh well, won't be going... or might stay in a different city and make it a day trip lol.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I would love to see Dark Sakura come back instead of Evil Ryu YET AGAIN, but it feels totally out of field for where her character's going.

I'll never break out of 300k, lol. The gatekeepers are real.

Also, I gave UNiEL a go, Wagner is perfect for me. She practically is Tsubaki.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Friendly reminder but look for SNK Tag Team Frenzy DLC news this month.
http://shoryuken.com/2018/10/31/snk...e-three-more-dlc-characters-by-february-2019/
^originally 3 more were supposed to be revealed by this month. Can't remember if that story ran before or after the Million Arthur Thief character DLC was listed though.

I ended up with this game thanks to the Wario 64 notice about it on sale. Its odd...the easy inputs isn't bad at all, but I find it very odd that the bar they decided to utilize in the game for a standard concept of "one bar and the player has to choose to use it for defensive or offensive purposes" was actually your RED LIFE.
Yup...special moves cost red life. You can do them without it, but far less damage. So you gotta choose to spend your healable life for damage or not. You can heal multiple ways to replenish life and get opportunity to create more red life but generally getting hit for stronger moves is not your normal mindset.

Thing is the game has another odd deal...the round doesn't end if you reach 0 life. You have to hit a particular move to end the round if not it can be decided by timer scam over who had the most life left but it doesn't end without nailing at least one super and those are only available once health is in the red. You can heal either via tagging out or by using items. Items are not chosen like an assist though. They are earned as you play and appear on the stage and you have to collect them.

Very very very very odd title. It feels really fun, but very strange. I can't say any of the mechanics feel bad or detrimental or poor or anything. Just very different fishing for screen position to grab items like an old war of the gems Marvel game again in 2019.

Its not hard off of any single confirm to just end in super and due to the mechanics of the game you always have the resources once they are low enough to kill to hit that super so its not nearly a bad thing though like it may sound...just redundant honestly that I can't just let it rock off regular damage and I have to end my final combo the same way every time. Try it and you'll have zero issues doing it, but it feels like it had the opposite effect of why they added it since it feels dull instead of exciting to know youll be ending with it every match.

My take is that I'm having fun, but my rhythm feels more like a beat em up than a fighter with these things at play. From item collecting to once their low goin for super and always having super at the ready, and to specials costing me energy...just feels like how beat em ups used to cost me health and how you'd blow supers to clutch stuff in those titles even though its a little different.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
More indie fighting game news to put on your radar folks. This one I'm getting to you super duper early in its development but it looks promising to be so young a project so I felt I'd put it on your radar.

Its a project called Strides 2 Glory VS
https://www.patreon.com/strides2glory

Details on the game at the link. Looks to be fairly footsie oriented and utilizes some cancel mechanics which is generally a plus to let players get creative on combos and pressure. It also uses a limb system like Tekken where each button is for a different limb to attack. Plus it has a meter spend system that lets you buff specials. Very promising start from this one. No clue where its headed or how far it'll go but its start is better than many finished indie fighters I've seen so there it is for yall to keep up with.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Friendly reminder but look for SNK Tag Team Frenzy DLC news this month.
http://shoryuken.com/2018/10/31/snk...e-three-more-dlc-characters-by-february-2019/
^originally 3 more were supposed to be revealed by this month. Can't remember if that story ran before or after the Million Arthur Thief character DLC was listed though.

I ended up with this game thanks to the Wario 64 notice about it on sale. Its odd...the easy inputs isn't bad at all, but I find it very odd that the bar they decided to utilize in the game for a standard concept of "one bar and the player has to choose to use it for defensive or offensive purposes" was actually your RED LIFE.
Yup...special moves cost red life. You can do them without it, but far less damage. So you gotta choose to spend your healable life for damage or not. You can heal multiple ways to replenish life and get opportunity to create more red life but generally getting hit for stronger moves is not your normal mindset.

Thing is the game has another odd deal...the round doesn't end if you reach 0 life. You have to hit a particular move to end the round if not it can be decided by timer scam over who had the most life left but it doesn't end without nailing at least one super and those are only available once health is in the red. You can heal either via tagging out or by using items. Items are not chosen like an assist though. They are earned as you play and appear on the stage and you have to collect them.

Very very very very odd title. It feels really fun, but very strange. I can't say any of the mechanics feel bad or detrimental or poor or anything. Just very different fishing for screen position to grab items like an old war of the gems Marvel game again in 2019.

Its not hard off of any single confirm to just end in super and due to the mechanics of the game you always have the resources once they are low enough to kill to hit that super so its not nearly a bad thing though like it may sound...just redundant honestly that I can't just let it rock off regular damage and I have to end my final combo the same way every time. Try it and you'll have zero issues doing it, but it feels like it had the opposite effect of why they added it since it feels dull instead of exciting to know youll be ending with it every match.

My take is that I'm having fun, but my rhythm feels more like a beat em up than a fighter with these things at play. From item collecting to once their low goin for super and always having super at the ready, and to specials costing me energy...just feels like how beat em ups used to cost me health and how you'd blow supers to clutch stuff in those titles even though its a little different.

I haven't played that much the game, but as far as I know, the red bar isn't healable at all, since that bar is unique to each member of your team, unlike the green bar which is shared by both girls. I have played some "competitive" matches and the meta consists of pulling the strong attacks with one character if possible, and then switch to the other to apply the finisher.

Also, while one character is resting, they are recharging the red bar, and it charges pretty fast.

But yeah, if you are used to traditional fighting games, the bar system in this game isn't very intuitive, it took me some hours to get the grasp of it, even though after that you realize that is very simple.

Also, I'm 60% sure that SNK said somewhere that Jeanne D'Arc was going to be the last character included in the game

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played that much the game, but as far as I know, the red bar isn't healable at all, since that bar is unique to each member of your team, unlike the green bar which is shared by both girls. I have played some "competitive" matches and the meta consists of pulling the strong attacks with one character if possible, and then switch to the other to apply the finisher.

Also, while one character is resting, they are recharging the red bar, and it charges pretty fast.

But yeah, if you are used to traditional fighting games, the bar system in this game isn't very intuitive, it took me some hours to get the grasp of it, even though after that you realize that is very simple.

Also, I'm 60% sure that SNK said somewhere that Jeanne D'Arc was going to be the last character included in the game
Wow so much for the empty character slots all over it. The story I read was from back in October so yeah since Jeanne was like late November they could've changed their mind on the title to focus on other stuff by then. Still feels kinda beat em up minded at the moment because the red life system hasn't clicked yet. Not certain what my final take away will be like. Glad I'm not the only one the redhealth for specials thing felt odd to.

Is this title scheduled for anything upcoming or has it had any major events so far? I'd like to check out some play of it.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Is this title scheduled for anything upcoming or has it had any major events so far? I'd like to check out some play of it.

Most of the footage is from asian players, western players somehow found the gameplay system shallow, despite being unable to chain more than 3 hits together... others just pretended the game never released "on principle"...

Oct 25, 2017
More indie fighting game news to put on your radar folks. This one I'm getting to you super duper early in its development but it looks promising to be so young a project so I felt I'd put it on your radar.

Its a project called Strides 2 Glory VS
https://www.patreon.com/strides2glory

Details on the game at the link. Looks to be fairly footsie oriented and utilizes some cancel mechanics which is generally a plus to let players get creative on combos and pressure. It also uses a limb system like Tekken where each button is for a different limb to attack. Plus it has a meter spend system that lets you buff specials. Very promising start from this one. No clue where its headed or how far it'll go but its start is better than many finished indie fighters I've seen so there it is for yall to keep up with.

That girl is HUGE

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow so much for the empty character slots all over it. The story I read was from back in October so yeah since Jeanne was like late November they could've changed their mind on the title to focus on other stuff by then.
TBH, while I'm all for fighting games to be supported longer and more wacky characters to resurface, I'd rather they focus their resources on the new game they have announced months ago... Have we seen anything of SS since the reveal trailer?

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
100 pounds lighter, new look, and I'm not done yet :)
Congrats man. That takes a lot of dedication and work and not just physically. Theres a huge mental aspect to that kind of challenge because no one ever talks about how frustrating it is in those first weeks when you're at your worst, tired and still not seeing results yet because its a slow process. Really proud of you for doing this man. You're looking great.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
More indie game fighting news. This one is out now and just doing the whole update thing.

PROELIUM (its cyberpunk based)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/941160/PROELIUM_FIGHTING_GAME_SCIFI/
50% off for $6.99 right now on steam.

Fairly pretty. Looks to have 8 characters I think though it talks of adding the boss Socius as playable and its small but for the price it seems like it could be good best friends play fun for you and your pals.
I'm still diggin on it to find out more bout its mechanics.

Last edited: