• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I guess they would make sprites for all the Tekken characters? Or I guess they could make all the Blazblue heroes 3D

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Can you imagine how insane that would be lol
Blazblue cast would rip the ever loving asshole out of the Tekken cast unless really interesting and fun new stuff was given to Tekken folk. I'd be down for the latter because it was fucking great when MVC2 started giving crazy shit out like candy to folk. My god the Gief armor, flame thrower and air grabs and the Dhalsim movement from flight. Gimmie dat Blazblue level crazy shit for Tekken.

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting because you could adapt characters to the BB Drive and supers template somewhat faithfully.
Making the BB->Tekken conversion though... yeah, either the Tekken cast would have to go full MVC.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Killer Instinct is $9.99 on steam.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/577940/Killer_Instinct/

If you dont own it and have never played it FUCKING BUY THIS. This game was and still is absolutely amazing. Its all read based and given its breaker system, counter breakers, shadow breakers, lockouts and such it let the developers have an environment where it was okay to design insanely overpowered shit at little risk since if folks read it, they could break it and negate the damage of a combo broken before an ender move could be tacked onto it to make the damage permanent.

Buy it. Buy it now. What are you doin? Go BUY!

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Great game, but I feel you're better off trying to sell it with a new thread. Most people here either own it by now or will never own it.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Killer Instinct last night. Can't wait to try it.
Hell yeah! Gotta say the character breakdowns Keits and crew would put out as they released characters were some of the hypest most insane tool lists I've ever seen in fighting games. I remember seeing Omen come out and the breakdown of his zoning options and saying it was the most broken shit I'd ever seen. Then out comes Hisako with those crazy grabs and tools and that seemed busted. Then General Raam blacking out the screen with bats and Arias assists and final form tools and Eagles arrows and bird, Eyedols busted rushdown and zoning and how he could switch between them and it all just seemed broke as fuck.

And I played and realized its combo system meant if you didnt clutch it out with an ender no e of the damage was real or permanent...till you hit an ender it's all potential damage only. Plus your hit stun decay is on meter right by combo hits so both you and the opponent can see how far from them falling out they are. That meant the more heavies you hit the less the bar filled and more damage but it was easier to break and the lighter hits filled it fast got less damage but were harder to break so more certain to end for damage.

The whole game system meant they could design the most powerful, hype, busted shit imaginable and it was all totally fine because nothing counts if you get broken off a read. It was the most read based footsie tactic thing I'd seen in 1v1 and its presentation was incredible. If you just memorized a long combo you would suck because you'd be easy to break with your one combo repetition. It was about confusing them. Slipping an extra button and making them go for the wrong breaker and locking themselves out of breakers to allow your combo to go nuts.

Enjoy. Its fucking hype and amazing.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
Hell yeah! Gotta say the character breakdowns Keits and crew would put out as they released characters were some of the hypest most insane tool lists I've ever seen in fighting games. I remember seeing Omen come out and the breakdown of his zoning options and saying it was the most broken shit I'd ever seen. Then out comes Hisako with those crazy grabs and tools and that seemed busted. Then General Raam blacking out the screen with bats and Arias assists and final form tools and Eagles arrows and bird, Eyedols busted rushdown and zoning and how he could switch between them and it all just seemed broke as fuck.

And I played and realized its combo system meant if you didnt clutch it out with an ender no e of the damage was real or permanent...till you hit an ender it's all potential damage only. Plus your hit stun decay is on meter right by combo hits so both you and the opponent can see how far from them falling out they are. That meant the more heavies you hit the less the bar filled and more damage but it was easier to break and the lighter hits filled it fast got less damage but were harder to break so more certain to end for damage.

The whole game system meant they could design the most powerful, hype, busted shit imaginable and it was all totally fine because nothing counts if you get broken off a read. It was the most read based footsie tactic thing I'd seen in 1v1 and its presentation was incredible. If you just memorized a long combo you would suck because you'd be easy to break with your one combo repetition. It was about confusing them. Slipping an extra button and making them go for the wrong breaker and locking themselves out of breakers to allow your combo to go nuts.

Enjoy. Its fucking hype and amazing.
I bought the game because I thought it looked busted, and because I like how Jago says "endokuken" lmao

I'll let you know what I think when I start playing it.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the game because I thought it looked busted, and because I like how Jago says "endokuken" lmao

I'll let you know what I think when I start playing it.
Just wait till you get a load of Spinals mixup and pressure. Use shield or ghost moves get a ghost skull. Spend ghost skulls for projectiles, teleports,projectile invincible armor lol. Dude can put a vertically dropping projectile over you, one in front if you and teleport behind you to pressure. Plus he curses shadow gauges so you no longer gain resources meaning he can prevent ultras and shit. Dude can skeleport cancel into any special including more skeleports. He gets dirty with pressure and he can load skills easily enough.
It's so dirty

Last edited:

ColonialHawk

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
Cinder mixups...shudders...

I remember playing Valoraxe (didnt even know who he was lol) at Combo Breaker and holy hell those Cinder mixups were frustrating and some bullshit. Bless the dude though for playing like 20 games with me even though I didn't win a single one.

Oct 25, 2017
Killer Instinct is $9.99 on steam.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/577940/Killer_Instinct/

If you dont own it and have never played it FUCKING BUY THIS. This game was and still is absolutely amazing. Its all read based and given its breaker system, counter breakers, shadow breakers, lockouts and such it let the developers have an environment where it was okay to design insanely overpowered shit at little risk since if folks read it, they could break it and negate the damage of a combo broken before an ender move could be tacked onto it to make the damage permanent.

Buy it. Buy it now. What are you doin? Go BUY!

I wish it had a proper arcade mode for the season 3 and 3+ characters.

I didn't like Shadow Lords.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
RIP, steve and Rick are really embarrassing on the mic for this tekken tourny.

Its not funny. They sound like valley high school girls who cant handle their liquor.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I know fuck all about this game in spite of owning it for years on 360.
But screw it this appeared on my feed from overseas from today. Apparently there was a shitload of Virtual Fighter 5 Final Showdown ver. B streamed today. Enjoy a shitload of Virtua Fighter.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, check out this beauty of a post from over in the Smash netcode thread:

I've played several matches without any problems. I just don't understand how this is Nintendos fault?
Why don't the people complaining try to develop their own netcode? See how easy it is to fix everyones latency. Every single action needs more bytes to be transferred. Taking one step forward with a character? That's probably SEVERAL THOUSAND BYTES that have to travel possibly hundreds of miles within a second. For comparison sake, A text message is 140 bytes . So imagine that you're sending like atleast a dozen or more text messages simultaneously.
That's why latency happens.

That's not even counting the stress on the hardware. When it suddenly gets this influx of more bytes, it has to delete already existing bytes on the "memory" (also known as RAM), that can cause the game console to get bogged down while having to organize these bytes into bits (a bit is a smaller byte) to save space while at the same time accepting delivery for bytes through the internet.
Ridiculous to blame the devs, blame physics.

Oct 25, 2017
Taking one step forward with a character? That's probably SEVERAL THOUSAND BYTES that have to travel possibly hundreds of miles within a second. For comparison sake, A text message is 140 bytes . So imagine that you're sending like atleast a dozen or more text messages simultaneously.
That's why latency happens.
My brain hurts.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
4pd15to.gif

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
More indie fighting game news to put on your radar folks. This one I'm getting to you super duper early in its development but it looks promising to be so young a project so I felt I'd put it on your radar.

Its a project called Strides 2 Glory VS
https://www.patreon.com/strides2glory

Details on the game at the link. Looks to be fairly footsie oriented and utilizes some cancel mechanics which is generally a plus to let players get creative on combos and pressure. It also uses a limb system like Tekken where each button is for a different limb to attack. Plus it has a meter spend system that lets you buff specials. Very promising start from this one. No clue where its headed or how far it'll go but its start is better than many finished indie fighters I've seen so there it is for yall to keep up with.

Strides 2 Glory VS is actually a separate project... maybe? It's kinda hard to understand, but there seems to be two fighting game projects by that team (person?). The one shown in the video is apparently named Glitz N Glam Brawl. Maybe. It's unclear to me.

Doomshine

Oct 30, 2017
Japanese Tekken player BKC passed away. He was at Strongstyle last year and was supposed to be at Strongstyle Japan but didn't show up. Rest in peace.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, guys. I need a bit of help.

I recently registered for a local DBFZ tournament and the platform they'll be using is PS4. I don't own any PS4 controllers/sticks and only have the Pokken controller for Switch.

I've read on reddit that the PS4 recognizes the Pokken controller as a legacy controller. Can I use the Pokken controller on PS4 to play DBFZ? Can anyone who owns the Pokken controller and a PS4 help me confirm this? I don't really want to buy a new controller for a tournament that will probably only happen once a year. LOL.

If anyone can help, it will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Oct 25, 2017

I recently registered for a local DBFZ tournament and the platform they'll be using is PS4. I don't own any PS4 controllers/sticks and only have the Pokken controller for Switch.

I've read on reddit that the PS4 recognizes the Pokken controller as a legacy controller. Can I use the Pokken controller on PS4 to play DBFZ? Can anyone who owns the Pokken controller and a PS4 help me confirm this? I don't really want to buy a new controller for a tournament that will probably only happen once a year. LOL.

DBFZ doesn't support legacy controllers on PS4.

nded

Nov 14, 2017

Have you checked if the tournament organizers have a controller you could borrow? There are probably Switch to PS4 controller adapters you could buy as well.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It sucks that KOF XI isn't avaliable for modern devices, is such a great game and still is widely played considering how "hard" is to find a system to play it when you compare it with pretty much all the other numbered KOF.

I have an arcade that has a cab running the game, but I still want somewhere to play in my house to practice.

Oct 25, 2017

Can't you use this?

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks that KOF XI isn't avaliable for modern devices, is such a great game and still is widely played considering how "hard" is to find a system to play it when you compare it with pretty much all the other numbered KOF.

I have an arcade that has a cab running the game, but I still want somewhere to play in my house to practice.
Actually it's on psn Hong kong. I setup a Hong kong account to buy it for my ps4. My address is a tea shop apparentl on that account lol.. It's one of my favorite kof titles and the moment I found it was available on one of their markets I did the leg work to buy it. Game is largely in English still as it's the Japanese version and it had that.

https://store.playstation.com/en-hk/product/JP0576-NPJD00071_00-ASIA000000000000

There ya go. Best I can do but at least ps3 means decent sticks for the system exist.

I can't remember if you need the touchpad, l3 or r3 buttons on this one. Some snk psn ports needed those to start the game for some reason. Had to mod my stick to get those.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Anyone here fucked with the alpha of Trajes Fatais?

I sent my request for a code Sunday and I'm still eagerly waiting for it. The character designs could be stronger and I would prefer a 6-button game but the style is pretty unique and the sprites look fabulous.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I played some of the older versions. It works amazingly well, but I still wish they added an extra button to spice things more.
Is there a link to something describing its combat system? I've heard folks say its unique. I'm pretty curious after having watched that bandido Sprite forever. Dude is cool.

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Is there a link to something describing its combat system? I've heard folks say its unique. I'm pretty curious after having watched that bandido Sprite forever. Dude is cool.
It's 4-button with a system where you can resurrect if you have some meter, but not if you're finished with a super or hyper.

And here's a stream of the alpha:

I haven't found a good one in English yet, unfortunately.

Oct 25, 2017
You can check an older, one button only, build on their itch.io: https://onanimstudio.itch.io/trajes-fatais-minimal-beta1

I dunno what is being changed for this new version (I think they are going four buttons now, 2 normals and 2 specials), there is an overview of the new systems here:

Older build included guard cancels (expending super), feints, parries and a lot of momentum conservation (hyper hops!), besides undizzies (with markers on the UI) and a Skullgirls inspired IPS. Mobility includes long and short dashing (less range but more i-frames, and goes through KOF dodge style) for both directions and forward running, short hops, universal triangle jumping (but only on the real background walls, not on camera corners), ground and wall teching (same rule as triangle jumps). Some specials also change momentum/range when touching real walls. Pretty liberal special and super cancels.

Inputs are minimal, with A+B being throw, specials being C or D neutral, 6 or 2 or on the air and supers being C+D with the same modifiers.

AFAIK their idea is to have a KOF style neutral (though stages are bigger, almost like a horizontal version of Melty) and medium sized combos that require meter spending, but requiring you to play differently mid stage or in the (actual) corners.

If anyone has any videos with more in depth explanations, I can translate.

Oct 25, 2017

I haven't found a good one in English yet, unfortunately.

Some stuff from this:
- They gave up on UE4, game is on Unity now
- One of Cristiano's (the angel) special is flying, apparently he can't do fly-unfly though, can cancel into forward fly as an air dash that hits
- He compares the universal combo mechanics with Xrd's Sin hunger management, since you expend meter to do cancels and activate specials/supers and need to recharge by getting hits
- When you have 0 meter, the special buttons mimic the normal buttons (light special becomes light attack, etc)
- "The name of the game is resource management"
- Cristiano B-side (aka "evil ryu" version of Cristiano) has super jump (not sure if it's unique or universal)
- Around 29:50 he combos Cristiano B-side low into a launcher and into a throw while the opponent falls behind him
- "While Lucy is rushdown, her B-side is a grappler (with counters)"
- Running generates meter
- He mentions that the meter becoming life if you don't super kill makes match last quite long, making the fights feel like a Bo5 or even Bo7
- Apparently the meter expending values change when you are in the "second wind"
- Natália (the fairy) specials include a standard fireball, an AA fireball and a stationary bubble. Hit the bubble with a fireball and it bursts into 3 fireballs. Also has a DP. First zoner of the game!
- One of her air specials is a downwards air dash (kinda like a reverse Morrigan, or more easily like Raven I guess)
- He believes the platypus character is a full grappler and the ghost pirate a zoner
- Someone questions if there will be no rekka characters because of the cancel system
- He compares the ground -> air combos to KOF style combos instead of Marvel style
- When you use the wrong block the character flashes red
- Took me until now to notice that under the lifebar there is a guard bar, SFAlpha/MotW style (empty it and get staggered)
- In VS CPU you can use PageUp/PageDown to cycle between different AI styles mid battle
- No jump cancels
- He mentions that Max played the game (I am not sure which build)
- At 1:17:50 he enters the game's facebook page and shows some illustrations of future characters: Aurora (female black astronaut), Wagner (the emperor, Natália's father), Verônica (queen of diamonds), Loa (female native), Marina (plus size mermaid), Aroldo (caveman), Rique (samurai, with a giant needle instead of a katana), Shirlei (frevo dancer), Dominique (female animal tamer), Jurandir (saci pererê), Clóvis (a carnival costume/character half clown half boogeyman that used to throw balls made of bovine balls into the ground, literally "ball beater"), Pablo (brazilian gaúcho). Some other B-sides are shown and they have different costumes or weapons (Luciano, the cangaceiro, has a gun) - the girl with the platypus costume becomes controlled by the costume in her B-side.
- No mentions of the IPS/undizzy systems in this stream.

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Some stuff from this:
- They gave up on UE4, game is on Unity now
- One of Cristiano's (the angel) special is flying, apparently he can't do fly-unfly though, can cancel into forward fly as an air dash that hits
- He compares the universal combo mechanics with Xrd's Sin hunger management, since you expend meter to do cancels and activate specials/supers and need to recharge by getting hits
- When you have 0 meter, the special buttons mimic the normal buttons (light special becomes light attack, etc)
- "The name of the game is resource management"
- Cristiano B-side (aka "evil ryu" version of Cristiano) has super jump (not sure if it's unique or universal)
- Around 29:50 he combos Cristiano B-side low into a launcher and into a throw while the opponent falls behind him
- "While Lucy is rushdown, her B-side is a grappler (with counters)"
- Running generates meter
- He mentions that the meter becoming life if you don't super kill makes match last quite long, making the fights feel like a Bo5 or even Bo7
- Apparently the meter expending values change when you are in the "second wind"
- Natália (the fairy) specials include a standard fireball, an AA fireball and a stationary bubble. Hit the bubble with a fireball and it bursts into 3 fireballs. Also has a DP. First zoner of the game!
- One of her air specials is a downwards air dash (kinda like a reverse Morrigan, or more easily like Raven I guess)
- He believes the platypus character is a full grappler and the ghost pirate a zoner
- Someone questions if there will be no rekka characters because of the cancel system
- He compares the ground -> air combos to KOF style combos instead of Marvel style
- When you use the wrong block the character flashes red
- Took me until now to notice that under the lifebar there is a guard bar, SFAlpha/MotW style (empty it and get staggered)
- In VS CPU you can use PageUp/PageDown to cycle between different AI styles mid battle
- No jump cancels
- He mentions that Max played the game (I am not sure which build)
- At 1:17:50 he enters the game's facebook page and shows some illustrations of future characters: Aurora (female black astronaut), Wagner (the emperor, Natália's father), Verônica (queen of diamonds), Loa (female native), Marina (plus size mermaid), Aroldo (caveman), Rique (samurai, with a giant needle instead of a katana), Shirlei (frevo dancer), Dominique (female animal tamer), Jurandir (saci pererê), Clóvis (a carnival costume/character half clown half boogeyman that used to throw balls made of bovine balls into the ground, literally "ball beater"), Pablo (brazilian gaúcho). Some other B-sides are shown and they have different costumes or weapons (Luciano, the cangaceiro, has a gun) - the girl with the platypus costume becomes controlled by the costume in her B-side.
- No mentions of the IPS/undizzy systems in this stream.
Thanks so much for this, dude!