• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Thanks for this!! I'm
Getting blazblue/unist and checking if it's a morr balanced experience than fighterz!! I'm
Doing ok on fighterz atm but it all seems the game runs around trapping your opponent on loops! Even though inwould hate to pick this team it seems like cell/ vegeta is way too good for setting a loop! Maybe i'm wrong but can't shake the feeling the better the loop, less defensemoptions you have!! I'm Taking a break of fighterz i think i'll see if I can find other games! Plus sfv its def a no for me! Decided to try again for ibuki! Came out empty handed they striped all her moves to fit the game : /! My hope its on blazblue atm!

I am working my way through the UNIST tutorials right now. According to the UNIST community matchmaking is thriving on PS4 esp due to the EVO 2019 excitement.

BBTAG has a plethora of defense options like push block, combo breakers, and I think the blockstun is way less shat than DBFZ. I feel like your assists actually help in that game. In DBFZ, if you're in a corner with no spark then you gotta pray to Kami to gtfo the corner if you're up against a really, really good player. You got no guaranteed resources to use like Push Block (I'll discuss Deflect later below)

But I admit I'm kinda disgruntled with the game. But DBFZ has given me hundreds of hours of entertainment. When you're on offense and it's your turn and you have the edge on the opponent, you're gonna feel sooooo good. That game caters to offense bigtime. I mean defending in most games suck anyways but it sucks extra in DBFZ due to lack of reliable tools. Deflect is nice but only if you know their "string" and the small gap when to use it. But even then deflect sucks too me because the opponent's move can put them right back in your face because Deflect only gives you a small gap to take your turn. After you land a Deflect you must commit to an offensive action

All advice from a Demon/SupremeKai rank. The other DBFZ players on Era are higher rank than me so they can give more accurate advice. FSLink is our local SSJ God or whatever. He has much more deeper matchup knowledge so Deflect is much more reliable for him. But I'm pretty 100% sure I know what I'm talking bout in regards to defensive assist in dbfz

tl;dr - I wish DBFZ had Push Block that cost 1 bar & Superdash had a delay of an extra frame or so. But like the other guy says, SD is probably way less powerful at locals. Been meaning to go to a local for DBFZ someday

Last edited:

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question: Which fighting games on PC currently have crossplay? Is it only SFV?

(apologies if it's been asked before, I searched and didn't find anything conclusive).

Last edited:

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Quick question: Which fighting games on Steam currently have crossplay? Is it only SFV?

(apologies if it's been asked before, I searched and didn't find anything conclusive).

This is not widely known but MvCI apparently has it LOL-
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/02/27/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-available-now-windows-10/

If it's still a thing or not Idk, I have this game on ps4.

edit: You said Steam. My bad I think this is Windows 10 store
edit 2: Keep a lookout for Power Rangers. That will have it

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
This is not widely known but MvCI apparently has it LOL-
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/02/27/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-available-now-windows-10/

If it's still a thing or not Idk, I have this game on ps4.

edit: You said Steam. My bad I think this is Windows 10 store
edit 2: Keep a lookout for Power Rangers. That will have it

Sorry, I did mean PC in general! I was looking at Steam when I asked that question so it was a Freudian slip. Edited my post to reflect that.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
After winning the first few ranked matches against one player in KoF XIV (thanks a lot for being yet another developer insisting upon making casuals and lobbies the same thing, SNK), I kept being outclassed every single time afterward. I already expected there would likely be problems jumping in this late into the game's life even with more than a decade of experience across other games in the series, especially with it still having been years since I've bothered playing KoF against anyone, but between still not adjusting to the weird movement changes/feel in this installment and how attack priority works relative to other fighters (considerably more focus on crouching lights from what I can tell), along with a string of OCVs by other players (several of whom I kept getting matched up with because of how dead the online is these days), I'm more than just a little bit demoralized right about now.

Also, if this is how stupid Heidern is post-patch, I'm quite glad not to have fought him before that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017

Yoooooooooo...Magna Defender got them Zero tools , Goldar got air to air grabs and aa grabs and mad corner carry, Ranger Slayer got that Od arrow assist that I hope has otg to it, Kat is as expected pressure character like in legacy wars, and Mastodon Sentry looks to have a multihit projectile super like dante.
Plus the zord as your player ultras are awesome. WE GOT DRILL TAIL ON DRAGONZORD!

Why is this game so good? It was never supposed to be good. Now its SO GOOD. Somebody hold me. I'm having a moment.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Why is this game so good? It was never supposed to be good. Now its SO GOOD. Somebody hold me. I'm having a moment.
tumblr_mbanjbWIh51r8vzdno5_250.gif

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Yoooooooooo...Magna Defender got them Zero tools , Goldar got air to air grabs and aa grabs and mad corner carry, Ranger Slayer got that Od arrow assist that I hope has otg to it, Kat is as expected pressure character like in legacy wars, and Mastodon Sentry looks to have a multihit projectile super like dante.
Plus the zord as your player ultras are awesome. WE GOT DRILL TAIL ON DRAGONZORD!

I know right, I cant recall doing a 360 turn around for a game like this before. I think in the initial trailer there was so little info. I thought it was just another 2d FG which I have plenty of. Had no idea this title was so ambitious. Cross play, tag, cool IP, etc you can sign me up

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow missed this at work so Im reposting the story trailer for MK11. Game is looking great. Im eager for Johnny Cage meets his younger self.

EDIT: Here's hoping the random franchise cameo this time around is THE SHREDDER from Ninja Turtles. He'd be a great fit for MK.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
In case you missed it on the last Power Rangers Battle for the Grid stream they went over the Zords. So far they have Megazord, Goldar, and Dragonzord as selectable. The way they work is once you lose a character you obviously can't use that character for an assist anymore, but you can then use the zords by activating them. Each Zord has 3 moves, a LMH. For Examble Dragonzord has a multihit corner carrying drill tail light, a footstomp low that I believe is a ground unblockable, and a tail flop overhead. The fewer characters you have left the longer the zord tools last for you to call upon them.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/394616153?t=

It also shoes Mastodon Sentry and Kat Manx. Mastodon looks super good. Lots of gun shots and you can cancel into either an AA gunshot or ground mine.

Seems you get LMH plus autocombos off all three of those if you just mash em. Also there is an S button and like Smash or Blade Strangers that button plus a direction is how you do specials. Very nice.

Shin_okita

Oct 27, 2017
I am working my way through the UNIST tutorials right now. According to the UNIST community matchmaking is thriving on PS4 esp due to the EVO 2019 excitement.

BBTAG has a plethora of defense options like push block, combo breakers, and I think the blockstun is way less shat than DBFZ. I feel like your assists actually help in that game. In DBFZ, if you're in a corner with no spark then you gotta pray to Kami to gtfo the corner if you're up against a really, really good player. You got no guaranteed resources to use like Push Block (I'll discuss Deflect later below)

But I admit I'm kinda disgruntled with the game. But DBFZ has given me hundreds of hours of entertainment. When you're on offense and it's your turn and you have the edge on the opponent, you're gonna feel sooooo good. That game caters to offense bigtime. I mean defending in most games suck anyways but it sucks extra in DBFZ due to lack of reliable tools. Deflect is nice but only if you know their "string" and the small gap when to use it. But even then deflect sucks too me because the opponent's move can put them right back in your face because Deflect only gives you a small gap to take your turn. After you land a Deflect you must commit to an offensive action

All advice from a Demon/SupremeKai rank. The other DBFZ players on Era are higher rank than me so they can give more accurate advice. FSLink is our local SSJ God or whatever. He has much more deeper matchup knowledge so Deflect is much more reliable for him. But I'm pretty 100% sure I know what I'm talking bout in regards to defensive assist in dbfz

tl;dr - I wish DBFZ had Push Block that cost 1 bar & Superdash had a delay of an extra frame or so. But like the other guy says, SD is probably way less powerful at locals. Been meaning to go to a local for DBFZ someday

Couldnt agree more man!! I definitey think dragon rush should be changed a bit! Also a push block or combo breaker costing something would be a good thing! Yeah i'm also on demon so i dig what you mean by the reliability of deflect! Fun game but with something holding back from greatness!! I got blazblue and guilty gear xrd in the end! Gave a pass on Unist ! Probably will pick this on summer sale!Itried blazblue and guilty gear! And millia (gg)stole the show for me she feels really good and has a cool wake up game!! Think will give this game ago for a while!( a bit tired of assist setups as well) online seems quiet though!! I'll need a lot of homework as i never played gg before and theres a lot of mechanics to catchup, plus all the characters seems worlds apart from each other. Will keep playing 3s and blazblue on short bursts!

Last edited:

Deleted member 22405

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
SC6 Grand Finals at FR was such a goddamn good time. Props to Clob and his sick ass dunks. And Lolomx's Yoshimitsu destroyed Party Wolf. God, I wish SC had a bigger presence. The momentum shifts keep me at the edge of my seat, man.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to buy me a spectator ticket for Evo later in the week. Question about registering on smash.gg

When it wants me to put in a gamertag, I can just use my real name since I have no interest in participating in any tourneys, correct?

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Man I am curious to see initial input delay and lag data on fighters on Stadia once some arrive. If they make this work itll be an awesome lobby setup during YouTube streams. Itll be much bigger in team based games and their multiplayer of course but still sounds like good lobbying.

Auto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stadia is not marketed for hardcore games obviously. Probably will be decent for single player games like Assassin's Creed and Tomb Raider. I'll give it a go.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I would just use it for single player games really. Even then, I would depend on the quality of the connection of where I am living at that moment.

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently best-case scenario is around 10F of input lag. That'd annoy me even just navigating a menu or something.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Power Rangers Battle for the Grid release date revealed...APRIL 2nd!? March 28 in Europe!?
Holy shit this thing will be out in a little over a week!

Oct 26, 2017
Power Rangers Battle for the Grid release date revealed...APRIL 2nd!? March 28 in Europe!?
Holy shit this thing will be out in a little over a week!

Even earlier if you want to play it on Switch or Xbox One. Poor PC players need to wait until the summer, though.

It's a buy on Switch for me. This game looks like a game that is very accessible on a pad.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Even earlier if you want to play it on Switch or Xbox One. Poor PC players need to wait until the summer, though.

It's a buy on Switch for me. This game looks like a game that is very accessible on a pad.
Same. Inputs are lmh and specials are like Blade Strangers where the s button plus a single direction is all you need. Im Digging this trend. I got sticks but the less bulk the better. I can honestly pack the switch for breaks at work at the power plant...which is good because I've worked every day since Feb 7. My gaming all needs portability these days.