• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
59781645_669541786849053_3762507435672076288_n.jpg

Fuck, what I have done?

So far, it seems like a regular fighting game, but if you are a fan of the genre, I guess that is an OK game

Oct 28, 2017
59781645_669541786849053_3762507435672076288_n.jpg

Fuck, what I have done?

So far, it seems like a regular fighting game, but if you are a fan of the genre, I guess that is an OK game
The juggle system is rather interesting. And fights in this game go really damn fast. Three or four mistakes can lead to death. Rounds can go pretty damn quickly. It's a sleeper fighter. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I bought it for Issac and Shovel Knight.

Shovel Knight's super also has him playing his horn while saying SMOKE SOME WEED!

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
What's up guys? Crazy how slow this thread moves now, on the old site we used to go through a thread every couple months iirc.

Are you guys looking forward to Samurai Shodown?

Deltoid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I was looking forward to SamSho until I realised the PC release isn't until way later -_- nothing kills my hype more than staggered releases for competitive games

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
Dunno if ya'll care, but I made more tutorial videos in that series I was working on (but took a long break from):

Oct 25, 2017
Them's Fighting' Herds just updated their lobbies to what seems to be the final version. Some very minor character tweaks/bugfixes too.
Arizona
  • Ropes now have unique grabbed states for all characters.

Velvet
  • Shatter C breath effect should actually be visible this time.

Oleander
  • Fred commands can now be performed at the same time as any attack input.

Pom
  • All Airdashes now have proper air hurtboxes.
  • Pressing up before float's minimum height no longer allows horizontal momentum despite unchanged vertical momentum.
  • Fixed several cases of pups/mama/papa palettes breaking during certain movement/'pom's in hitstun' states.

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys know any modern resources for Jojo All Star Battle? The game looks super intresting (if hamstrung by 30fps) but all the guides are from like 2015

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
With new in-game footage of Granblue Fantasy Versus out, it's pretty much confirmed that special moves would be done with a single button in neutral and in 3 separate directions and no complex motions, they're also limited by a cooldown which reminds me of MOBAs.

From what I've heard, a previous game named "Rising Thunder" did something similar with the whole ease of execution and cooldown systems.

Would be interesting to see how new comers and old schoolers take to it.

GBFV1.png

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With new in-game footage of Granblue Fantasy Versus out, it's pretty much confirmed that special moves would be done with a single button in neutral and in 3 separate directions and no complex motions, they're also limited by a cooldown which reminds me of MOBAs.

From what I've heard, a previous game named "Rising Thunder" did something similar with the whole ease of execution and cooldown systems.

Would be interesting to see how new comers and old schoolers take to it.

GBFV1.png
The cooldown system literally was taken straight out of Rising Thunder:

Let's see how they'll manage the dichotomy of online and locals that cooldowns nessecitate.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Speaking of which, it's a bit of pandemonium for me because Comicpalooza is happening the same weekend and they are also hosting a Street Fighter college event courtesy of ESPN. So yeah... my weekend schedule is scrwed.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I think cooldowns are a bad idea because you are limiting potential strategies. Guile in Street Fighter 2 would be gimped with cooldowns

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Was too young for the old games to get into them properly but I'm looking forward to some Genjuro

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Yes! My most wanted fighter of the year by long. But it's a let down that they don't release it to all platforms at the same time.

This game keeps getting weird.

If by more weird you want to say better, I agree with you at 100%. And I don't know anything about the Grandblue Fantasy games.
These last two fighters looks really fun and crazy.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
What's up guys? Crazy how slow this thread moves now, on the old site we used to go through a thread every couple months iirc.

It is getting a late release on pc so my excitement for it has lowered sadly.
I am interested in getting the samsho collection day 1 though.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the version of Arcana Heart with the shark girl is going to be called "Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX SIX STARS !!!!!! XTEND".

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FePJyZJsRAD43NwOL7uWYbL3iwRejxamDevuVEL4vqg/edit#

Anyone has a video for this combo?

5A/2A 2B 2C 5[C] 421B dl.jB jC 5B 3[C] dl236 [ b ] 2C(1) 22B 66C 22B 66C 22C

It seems to be one of the most optimized bnb of eltnum, but it seems to require a lots of specifics to work (took me half an hour to connect dl.jB, jC, 5B, now I can't constantly connect dl236 [ b ] and if I do, I can't connect 22B

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We do weekly lobbies on saturday for 3 to 5 hours. Check out the community thread.
We do Ps4 lobbies. That footage is from last night's doa lobby.

I fear that from my location my ping will be terrible, still I lose nothing trying I guess, if you could send me a PM wjen you guys open one lobby

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I've had my Hori HRAP 3SA since 09 and I've loved it so much, but all the new fighters aren't compatible with PS3 sticks. I think the SF 30th anniversary isn't either and I just want to use my stick for 3S. I can't even play on pad anymore I just don't even remember how lol. I'm worried if I get a new stick now, PS5 is next year, and they'll nickel and dime me again with no BC. Should I just stick to the stick I have now and rock with Fightcade?

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FePJyZJsRAD43NwOL7uWYbL3iwRejxamDevuVEL4vqg/edit#

Anyone has a video for this combo?

5A/2A 2B 2C 5[C] 421B dl.jB jC 5B 3[C] dl236 [ b ] 2C(1) 22B 66C 22B 66C 22C

It seems to be one of the most optimized bnb of eltnum, but it seems to require a lots of specifics to work (took me half an hour to connect dl.jB, jC, 5B, now I can't constantly connect dl236 [ b ] and if I do, I can't connect 22B

If you want to go into the eltnum optimals, you're going to have to start delving into the microdash stuff eventually.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my God I love playing Red Ranger so much in Battle for the Grid. Look at the fun stuff he has.

Bonus Touch of Death using nothing but Goldar and Forward Special!

This game is so wonderfully open. Its like MVC2 levels of broken and an absolute blast the entire time. New story mode and extra characters + voicework helped a ton. Really Digging Red, Green, Udonna, Magna Defender, and Ranger Slayer so far. Each character is crazy fun though. I could see making teams for Black Dragon Trini or Gia Moran for those pistols too. Hope this picks up steam again after month 1 of MK11 cools down some.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

If you want to go into the eltnum optimals, you're going to have to start delving into the microdash stuff eventually.

Thanks for the video, I still can't see what I'm doing wrong while trying this combo

I know that the combo includes an 2c, but I'm skipping it since I read that you need to do the 22B inmediately if you want to connect it against Linne