• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
you're hitting 5B > 3[C] too high, which is probably because you're not delaying the jump out of 421B.

once you're feeling comfortable with the easier stuff, you can try 5A > 2B > 2C > j.[C] > dl j.2 > 421B > dl.236[A] > md 5B > 3[C] > dl.236B > 22B > md 2C(1) > 22B > 66C. does about 100 more dmg but it's way harder.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
you're hitting 5B > 3[C] too high, which is probably because you're not delaying the jump out of 421B.

once you're feeling comfortable with the easier stuff, you can try 5A > 2B > 2C > j.[C] > dl j.2 > 421B > dl.236[A] > md 5B > 3[C] > dl.236B > 22B > md 2C(1) > 22B > 66C. does about 100 more dmg but it's way harder.

Yeah, after watching your video I realized that I was jumping to early after the 421B. Now I can connect jB, jC while lower than before, but now I can't connect 5b.

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
i never really bothered learning that route tbh lol. there's better routes for dmg out there even if they're slightly harder.

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FePJyZJsRAD43NwOL7uWYbL3iwRejxamDevuVEL4vqg/edit

This one? It's still incomplete and missing a couple of more optimized routes. Off the top of my head, they don't use the double microdash routes or list out any of the more optimized enhanced bullet combos.

Highest damage midscreen A starter I've labbed out was 2A > 2C > j.[C] > dl j.2[B ] > 421B > dl 236A > md 5B > 3[C] > dl 236B > 22B > md 2C(1) > 22B > 66C > 22C which does around 3200 damage.

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my God I love playing Red Ranger so much in Battle for the Grid. Look at the fun stuff he has.

Bonus Touch of Death using nothing but Goldar and Forward Special!

This game is so wonderfully open. Its like MVC2 levels of broken and an absolute blast the entire time. New story mode and extra characters + voicework helped a ton. Really Digging Red, Green, Udonna, Magna Defender, and Ranger Slayer so far. Each character is crazy fun though. I could see making teams for Black Dragon Trini or Gia Moran for those pistols too. Hope this picks up steam again after month 1 of MK11 cools down some.

But have they fixed the online blocking bug?

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Mike seemed really detached/disillusioned with everything in that Esports show podcast from a week or two back, and this stream sounds like life has been tough for him lately. Hopefully he gets some help

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
But have they fixed the online blocking bug?
Thats been fixed 2 patches ago. They hot fixed it away along with the Green Ranger infinite and a few others. Then the new patch hit later with 3 free characters, voicework, more stuff to help with some infinites and story mode.

Game is a blast online.

Oct 25, 2017
c899af44-c843-4f87-82ed-19794c164f42.png

how hard is it to not be a pedo jesus

CQC

Oct 25, 2017
Question about input lag:

I know that there is a one frame difference when latency hits 20 ms, how much more significant is the latency at 39 ms? Looking into getting a new TV for my consoles.

I'd appreciate some guidance/clarification

Last edited:

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017

I know that there is a one frame difference when latency hits 20 ms, how much more significant is the latency at 39 ms? Looking into getting a new TV for my consoles.

You should check out the display ot thread, I'm sure the OT has all the info you need and the folk there must be knowledgeable.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tv-displays-and-tech-thread-ot2-there-is-no-perfect-tv-™-read-the-op.55230/

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017

You're going to start noticing input lag once you go higher than 32ms (2 frames). It's not so much of an issue with modern-gen games, as the developers account for HDTV input lag when balancing the game design, but for retro-games and fighting games you'll find yourself at a disadvantage.

If you plan on playing fighting games online, you'll want to find an HDTV with the lowest input lag possible. TCL has made some decent 4K sets with impressively low input lag (IIRC about 16ms).

CQC

Oct 25, 2017
You should check out the display ot thread, I'm sure the OT has all the info you need and the folk there must be knowledgeable.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tv-displays-and-tech-thread-ot2-there-is-no-perfect-tv-™-read-the-op.55230/
Started there, figured FG OT would have a better grasp in input lag.

You're going to start noticing input lag once you go higher than 32ms (2 frames). It's not so much of an issue with modern-gen games, as the developers account for HDTV input lag when balancing the game design, but for retro-games and fighting games you'll find yourself at a disadvantage.

If you plan on playing fighting games online, you'll want to find an HDTV with the lowest input lag possible. TCL has made some decent 4K sets with impressively low input lag (IIRC about 16ms).
Looking to get LG's C9 OLED display. It has latency sub 20 ms in all modes except when HDR is on which is at 39 ms. Seems to be a bug according to reports that will get fixed in an update.Was wondering more for modern gen game like REmake 2, From Softwares games, MH world. Could just change settings for FGs or use my ASUS IPS monitor that I've been using since 2016 - served me well with 9 ms of latency.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Looking to get LG's C9 OLED display. It has latency sub 20 ms in all modes except when HDR is on which is at 39 ms. Seems to be a bug according to reports that will get fixed in an update.Was wondering more for modern gen game like REmake 2, From Softwares games, MH world. Could just change settings for FGs or use my ASUS IPS monitor that I've been using since 2016 - served me well with 9 ms of latency.

39ms isn't going to be a deal-breaker with modern games; I still game on an old HDTV with ~50ms input lag. Retro games and fighting games are the big genres where 39ms won't cut it.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Since I don't feel like making a thread about it, Core-A Gaming put out a comprehensive yet simple breakdown as to why button mashing doesn't work. Also comes with some fighting game tips.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Yo Team battle?!

EDIT:

1. Normal Cooldowns are fixed (1-3 seconds), EX moves have longer cooldown (10 seconds)

2. You have a dedicated guard button, as well as being able to guard with directional

3. There seems to be a dodge button as well

4. You can use a super at 100% gauge, you'll unleash a SUPER-super when your health is low

5. "If you manually input the command, the cooldown is shorter", wait what? As in motion input??!

6. Using your super seems to place all of your abilities on cooldown, if it hit you have enough time to have it regen after it's over.

Last edited:

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gouki's Time Slow super in Dong Dong Never Dies might be the most broken 1-bar super in fighting game history, not only does the initial hit of the super is a plus on block invincible reversal (and there's only 2 of them in the game), the Time Slow itself causes everything related to the opponent to slow down, from their movespeed, their attack speed, and even their hitstun animation.....

The only way for the opponent to get out of it is to mash out their own super during Time Slow, because for some reason it also causes their super flash to slow down.... during which they're invincible.

You can see how applicable it is on this vid:

Last edited:

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo Team battle?!

EDIT:

1. Normal Cooldowns are fixed (1-3 seconds), EX moves have longer cooldown (10 seconds)

2. You have a dedicated guard button, as well as being able to guard with directional

3. There seems to be a dodge button as well

4. You can use a super at 100% gauge, you'll unleash a SUPER-super when your health is low

5. "If you manually input the command, the cooldown is shorter", wait what? As in motion input??!

6. Using your super seems to place all of your abilities on cooldown, if it hit you have enough time to have it regen after it's over.

The dodge seems to be the KOF evasion roll. Doing a Super-super at low health is also very SNK.

Having shorter cooldowns for entering moves manually is smart stuff.

Isn't the new GG rumored to be more accessible? Wonder if anything from Granblue will make its way into it.

Last edited:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
The dodge seems to be the KOF evasion roll. Doing a Super-super at low health is also very SNK.

Having shorter cooldowns for entering moves manually is smart stuff.

Isn't the new GG rumored to be more accessible? Wonder if anything from Granblue will make its way into it.

Yeah, supposedly they're planning on cutting down the number of mechanics.

I think they're experimenting with BBTAG, DBFZ and GBVS to see what works.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Kind of a bummer. I understand their reasoning, but I can't say I was too big on DBFZ or BBTAG. Still gonna get GBVS but not sure if I'm looking too forward to the mechanics based on what I know and their past releases.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cooldown timing seems to change depending on whether it hits, is whiffed, or is blocked. And of course if it's done with a motion or done as EX. At least that's how Katalina's fireball seems to work.

The control scheme might be 5 buttons (LMH for normals, D for defensive moves like Block/Roll/Dodge and S for quick specials)

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, supposedly they're planning on cutting down the number of mechanics.

I think they're experimenting with BBTAG, DBFZ and GBVS to see what works.
yea I was tin foil hating this theory when daisuke talked about how he wanted to get more people into GG by making it more accessible. I am not gonna lie that I am a bit scared on how the new GG will turn out but I do want more people to play the games so I will be open minded to anything they do as long as it benefits more people being interested in the game

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Cooldown timing seems to change depending on whether it hits, is whiffed, or is blocked. And of course if it's done with a motion or done as EX. At least that's how Katalina's fireball seems to work.

The control scheme might be 5 buttons (LMH for normals, D for defensive moves like Block/Roll/Dodge and S for quick specials)
Sounds like Koihime Enbu in a way. In that game to keep design centered around creating back and forth action and footsies they kept it simple on frames...if it was blocked you wont be plus. Meant you had to be very tight on your mixups and pokes and any kind of assist or trap tools you had. Course that only works if you have a very footsie oriented system that prevents long combos and revolves more around oki, reversals, and footsies than optimizing damaging off a single touch.

Gotta say though as far as footsies go it works to design in this manner. Koihime Enbu was fantastic and Ryo Rai Rai didn't even have a ton of updates or balancing needed really due to this. To stand apart from their other projects and to stay centered in its own niche they may be choosing to design toward low combo footsie styles with this title.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I just found out that someone modded the PS3 exclusive content from Street Fighter X Tekken into the PC version. Time to test the "new" characters.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Time now for some more Battle for the Grid swag. They are laying out an open challenge for folks to style and post their craziest shit.