• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mortal Kombat seems to have a good "competitive" following compared to older nrs games, lots of friends who dismissed the series are now playing it at tournaments

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
So Country Road is playing on repeat through the speakers every day?
You would not believe the cult obsession with that song here. It receives more hell yeahs than Stone Cold Steve Austin when it comes on in wv. They changed it officially to the state song.
Save me.please ;_;

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
You would not believe the cult obsession with that song here. It receives more hell yeahs than Stone Cold Steve Austin when it comes on in wv. They changed it officially to the state song.
Save me.please ;_;

giphy.gif

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Which is the Ranma game that most people play? The first one or the second?

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ranma 1/2 Chougi Ranbu Hen was the one at KSB

Thanks

I thought than that was the one played but I saw an stream of Chonai Gekitohen in EVO 2018 and I got confused.

A friend told me than Chonai was the one played for years, but that the last years Chougi Ranbu Hen started to be more played

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Which is the Ranma game that most people play? The first one or the second?
I think it's between the second and the fourth? The second (Bakuretsu Rantouhen) is the one with really slow movement, and the fourth (Chougi Ranbuhen) is the one where the colouring is closer to Takahashi's (it's also the best).
I don't think anyone plays the first (Chonai Gekitohen) seriously, and the third was a derivative RPG.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that it was far quicker to check the archived videos on the channel that streamed it on Twitch at Combo Breaker than attempting to find random YouTube uploads seems to say plenty about how much anyone still actually cares about BBTAG (I'd care if I hadn't moved on within the nine months they took to patch the game and introduce new problems to replace the ones they fixed).

Aine

May 27, 2019
The fact that it was far quicker to check the archived videos on the channel that streamed it on Twitch at Combo Breaker than attempting to find random YouTube uploads seems to say plenty about how much anyone still actually cares about BBTAG (I'd care if I hadn't moved on within the nine months they took to patch the game and introduce new problems to replace the ones they fixed).

I haven't touched BBTag at all since I messed around with the Switch version, a while back. I really wanted to like it, but it just couldn't keep my attention. It actually got worse?

(Also, hey everyone!)

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't touched BBTag at all since I messed around with the Switch version, a while back. I really wanted to like it, but it just couldn't keep my attention. It actually got worse?

(Also, hey everyone!)
Better in some ways, such as Gordeau getting beaten with the nerf stick on top of invulnerability following Cross Combo to Active Switch Grim Reaper being gone, and chip on Resonance supers being adjusted. Worse in others, like some character-specific ones (i.e., no more cancelling on block for Mai's spear throws, giving her even less to work with than she had), not being able to push block Personas anymore, push block having a delay in recovery to make punishes after using one more difficult, and occasional dumb hurtbox oversights and damage output changes (the following being examples of the former):
Yuzu and Yang are now PEAK DEGENERACY

There was also the change to making Reversal Actions no longer invincible when calling in an assist to cover them, not an idea I care for on paper but have yet to say anything definitive about in practice (I don't like RAs being made even more of a risk, yet it would also put opponents who used to do it at a disadvantage).

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I thinl it's universally considered a good thing about the pushblock situation.

Lot of tournament players I follow consider it as well as changes to CC the best universal fixes cause those things were exploited to hell.

Same goes for the DP. If you can complete get rid of the drawback, it's not a drawback.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I liked push block allowing for easier punishment of players who didn't know when to quit hitting buttons, but eh. I see nothing good about Personas being immune to push blocks.

Plus, said drawback to RAs could only be gotten rid of while someone still had two characters anyway, and that's something that still usually changes pretty quick in a match.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Posted this in the Stick/Pad thread but:

I used the Retro Bit Saturn and Genesis pad on PS4 with the Brook PS3 to PS4 converter (the white coloreed one). Works great. It even has L3 and R3 mapped to the top when holding Start for quick training mode resets etc.

Best D-Pads ever are now available for PS4. If you like pads, they are cheap too. $15-25 on Amazon (though you need a Brook converter for $40, but replacement pads would be cheap).

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else here gonna be playing Crystal Crisis? Its like Puzzle Fighter and Justin Wong helped work on the balance of the game. You got offensive and defensive specials to either manipulate your board or the opponents and cooldowns on each. Meter build based upon combos made when popping crystals. Looks absolutely vicious with some specials like Akuji who lets you swap boards with the opponent.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Wednesday Night Fights hosting Crystal Crisis today. Hell yeah!
Puzzle esports here we come. Between this and Puyo Tetris and the newest Puyo I'm eager to see this get bigger.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I want a new Bloody Roar :(

But with the ip belonging to Konami there is a negative chance of this series ever coming back