• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017

full

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Dragonball and SC. Damn. I knew DB would drop after the first year, but SC... Yikes.
Competitive SC seems to have never recovered from Bamco no longer making arcade versions. Then there are unpopular decisions like balancing SCVI around what online players complain about, in addition to never knowing when to stop rebalancing their game long enough for people to actually learn and play it.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Competitive SC seems to have never recovered from Bamco no longer making arcade versions. Then there are unpopular decisions like balancing SCVI around what online players complain about, in addition to never knowing when to stop rebalancing their game long enough for people to actually learn and play it.

I wish they would do an arcade port at some point. Even all late like SFV. I know they won't, but I can dream.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Charlotta, Gran and Lancelot for me.

Yeah I think this might be my entry point back into fighting games.

I've been making this joke all weekend but I don't care:

"You thought it was Guilty Gear.... But it was me, Street Fighter!"

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
the samsho demo has a two hour limit on it, but i've heard that you can reset it somehow

anyone know anything about that?

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Mikado's "Street Fighter Carnival 14" began yesterday

First game: Art of Fighting

Today/2nd game: Art of Fighting 2

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming he's actually serious (I pretty much automatically expect such rankings not to be)...

CvS2, MvC2, and SFxT in S-Tier? Yeah, no (wouldn't place GGXX:AC there either, but I seem to be an outlier in hating everything GGXX that came after #R). I like SFV, but it's not A-Tier, and KoF XIII being ass in high-level play thanks to its HD combo garbage disqualifies it.

Even grouping Calamity Trigger with Central Fiction has me pretty sure he's just taking the piss.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
UltraDavid has talked about this on stream before, he groups SFV S4, ST and 3S together as his favorite SF versions (I think he had it as ST, 3S, then SFV S4).

Everybody has different tastes and opinions. It's interesting seeing his.

For me, I wouldn't put Smash games up high, because I don't enjoy them and move all the Soul calibur games up, except 4, haha.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting close to considering Soul Calibur VI one tier higher than he ranked it, but not just yet, while I would leave II where he placed it. Would leave III and V right where they are, and I believe I'm being generous (if IV were on the list, it wouldn't be any higher than C). B sounds about right for KoF XIV, but one too low for both MotW and Rev2, while moving DBFZ to B would be the highest I could place it (can't really fault someone if they were to rank it as C). Going back to BlazBlue, Calamity Trigger is most definitely trash, it wasn't really until Chrono Phantasma Extend that BB became great, with Central Fiction building upon that one (BBTAG would be a B at best as of the current patch unlike those two I'd say, which should go a bit higher).

Last edited:

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Tier lists are to strum up conversation. It always works. Everyone has their own tastes and likes. So it's interesting to see that people might dislike what you think is the best and vice versa.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Getting back to BBTAG post-patch, I'm starting to remember just how stupid a game it can be and realize that my previous B-Tier evaluation was being too kind. Oh, and if anyone tells you that Gordeau is no longer a threat just because they nerfed him a bit, they're full of crap. Even with more defensive options than DBFZ, the flow doesn't feel any less oppressive in high-level play.

My patience for tag game fuckery grows ever more limited.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got BBTAG for the RWBY (it got me liking RWBY, mistake #1). Mistake #2 was playing a tag fighter.

Quasi-anime was a mistake.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed that there was no color square system during the beta for Granblue Fantasy Versus... I sincerely hope that it stays that way. Easily one of the worst things that Arc System Works has ever introduced, not managing to be an absolute indicator of skill and instead only serving to give players one more thing to be neurotic about the game judging them for thanks to it making casual matches no longer truly casual (and occasionally creating issues in causing players to dodge certain ones, to the point that they had to have DBFZ stop showing them at all during quick matches).
Got BBTAG for the RWBY (it got me liking RWBY, mistake #1). Mistake #2 was playing a tag fighter.

Quasi-anime was a mistake.
Admittedly, getting ready for BBTAG was my excuse for finally getting into RWBY after being vaguely familiar with it but never watching it before then.

Last edited:

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Assuming he's actually serious (I pretty much automatically expect such rankings not to be)...

CvS2, MvC2, and SFxT in S-Tier? Yeah, no (wouldn't place GGXX:AC there either, but I seem to be an outlier in hating everything GGXX that came after #R). I like SFV, but it's not A-Tier, and KoF XIII being ass in high-level play thanks to its HD combo garbage disqualifies it.

Even grouping Calamity Trigger with Central Fiction has me pretty sure he's just taking the piss.
wait. you didn't like reload???

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018

It's Justin Wong and CvS2, MvC2 and SFxT are all games where playing lame is S-tier. Those seems like honest picks, dude love this style of gameplay. And outside the games he mained/played extensively, J Wong always had a horrible taste, just check any of his anime/waifu/wrestling lists or preferences. ;p

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
You can grab Chun out of her legs SA in 3s... You need to initiate the grab before the super freeze though.